Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 11:19 AM

28,710 posts, read 18,878,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I'm almost certain it didn't take him that long to die.
Isn't there a rumor that Boba Fett's going to be upchucked in IX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 11:21 AM

I see the first production image from The Mandalorian streaming series has been released.

I wonder if it's going to be more like The Virginian, For a Fistful of Dollars, or Have Gun-Will Travel?

And I don't say that sarcastically. Done right, there is room for a decent "Western" or "ronin" television series in the Star Wars universe.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:42 PM

22,953 posts, read 28,358,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
And I don't say that sarcastically. Done right, there is room for a decent "Western" or "ronin" television series in the Star Wars universe.
Agreed. It's a great idea, and I hope Favreau can do it right.

Old 10-07-2018, 04:28 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,522,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
After suffering through The Last Jedi, I am done with Star Wars until the producers, directors, and writers show up at my door with fine wine, red roses, and a personal apology plus those hours of my life back. The Last Jedi made my skin crawl.

I used to be a Star Wars guy.

People that take great franchises and produce vomitous sequels need to swing - and not on the dance floor.
I agree. The last few suck. but, I was pleasantly surprised by Solo. Not as good as the originals, but better than most of the newer ones.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
I agree. The last few suck. but, I was pleasantly surprised by Solo. Not as good as the originals, but better than most of the newer ones.

This is what I was talking about earlier about the Star Wars universe being wide enough for all kinds of genres.

Solo was a "heist" movie (like Rogue One was a "war" movie). They were both fine for the genres, although Solo hadn't been directed as clearly to its genre as Rogue One had been.

There's even room for a comedy--Rebels had a quite good comedy episode of a droid mission.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:35 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,638,809 times
https://twitter.com/arcticninjapaul/...10637786750976

Old 10-28-2018, 07:57 AM

No surprise. After the SOLO flop, a BOBA FETT movie was most assuredly a bad idea.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:47 PM

740 posts, read 460,568 times
What a crappy movie. Very boring as well even with all the actions in the movie. Something was missing. Did not care for anyone in this movie. Rogue One is the best new Star Wars movie as far as I am concern.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefong123 View Post
What a crappy movie. Very boring as well even with all the actions in the movie. Something was missing. Did not care for anyone in this movie. Rogue One is the best new Star Wars movie as far as I am concern.
I agree that Rogue One is the only recent SW movie that had me leaving the theater in a positive high emotional state. My feeling leaving Rogue One was: "Best. Star Wars. Movie. Ever." At least I would then--and still would now--put it among my top three.

Solo was so-so. As I've said before, they could have turned it into a six- or eight-part "evolution of a scoundrel" television mini-series that could have been much better.

They should have set out with the goal of telling the story of a good-hearted young man who is twisted by life experiences under an evil empire into a cold-hearted scoundrel. That his name was "Han Solo" should have been only incidental to crafting a good story about a good-hearted young man who is twisted by life experiences under an evil empire into a cold-hearted scoundrel.

And even if they'd ended that series on a down note--a nice guy turned by bad life experiences into a nasty and untrustworthy Han Solo, it would have been okay as a prequel because we already knew he'd turn out okay in the end. Having him still a basically nice guy at the end of this story was a mistake.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Solo was so-so. As I've said before, they could have turned it into a six- or eight-part "evolution of a scoundrel" television mini-series that could have been much better.

They should have set out with the goal of telling the story of a good-hearted young man who is twisted by life experiences under an evil empire into a cold-hearted scoundrel. That his name was "Han Solo" should have been only incidental to crafting a good story about a good-hearted young man who is twisted by life experiences under an evil empire into a cold-hearted scoundrel.

And even if they'd ended that series on a down note--a nice guy turned by bad life experiences into a nasty and untrustworthy Han Solo, it would have been okay as a prequel because we already knew he'd turn out okay in the end. Having him still a basically nice guy at the end of this story was a mistake.
Agreed on all counts.

It's perfectly evident that Lucasfilm wants STAR WARS to be for kids only. I am totally okay with a "kid friendly" STAR WARS. It should be kid friendly. But the Lucasfilm suits seem to have a seriously low estimation of kids' emotional intelligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies