Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2017, 12:19 PM

5,024 posts, read 9,275,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
Seems like it!

Here's another mixed use project, being undertaken at the corner of Washington and Spring Hill Ave:

https://www.thebrickwell.com/
Damn those are nice and so Gulf Coast. I love the developments that are going on the city.

Last edited by PortCity; 09-29-2017 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 12:28 PM

8 posts, read 10,230 times
Plans posted for the old Red Cross building show 2 restaurants, some retail and a large office space on the 1st floor + 2 offices on the 2nd floor. I assume that is all tentative based on what they can lease.

The rendering for The Brickwell looks really nice, for a very visible lot that is ratty now. But it looks like they will have to take down the existing historic storefronts and the building facing N. Dearborn. Can they do that?

The balcony is going up on the old WALA-TV building (210 Government). It will be nice because it will help hide how ugly that building is and help it blend with the more historic buildings.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenefrommidtown View Post
Plans posted for the old Red Cross building show 2 restaurants, some retail and a large office space on the 1st floor + 2 offices on the 2nd floor. I assume that is all tentative based on what they can lease.

The rendering for The Brickwell looks really nice, for a very visible lot that is ratty now. But it looks like they will have to take down the existing historic storefronts and the building facing N. Dearborn. Can they do that?

The balcony is going up on the old WALA-TV building (210 Government). It will be nice because it will help hide how ugly that building is and help it blend with the more historic buildings.

First off I love the name and welcome to the Mob - Town thread ! And yes, I agree about the former WALA building.When I found out that Hargrove bought the building.I knew they were going to add a little love to it.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:54 PM

I am channeling my inner Eugene.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:36 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,901,529 times
Quote:
Have you seen anything online about this? All I have seen is the sign on the building itself.

Quote:
It may be possible to squeeze the building in the current open parcel. Notably, the office for the realtors "in charge" of this development is in the building to the right of this.

Quote:
This will enliven that block considerably. Happy to see it... and another development by Hargrove downtown.

Old 09-29-2017, 05:17 PM

205 posts, read 197,363 times
Don't know how old this is from JLL but this is on their page for the Red Cross Building
Former Red Cross Building | Property Listing | JLL

http://www.jllproperty.us/assets/ima...g_9166271.jpeg

Last edited by toosie; 10-01-2017 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: Copyright - just post the link please

Old 09-29-2017, 05:22 PM

205 posts, read 197,363 times
Ok it's new. the brochure mentions the TIGER Grant so this is what's happening

http://www.jllproperty.us/assets/doc...ss_9166272.pdf

Old 09-29-2017, 08:16 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,901,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshore78 View Post

Awesome, thanks!

Old 09-30-2017, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshore78 View Post

Finally work has begun on that building.What is going on with the Gayfers building ? A company purchased it 2 years ago from Mississipi with plans to turn it into mixed income apartment housing/ mixed use. So far all it has is a pretty mural on the Dauphin street entrance.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:02 AM

Same question on the old Press-Register building on Government. The Poarch Indians bought it 1.5 years ago and announced they would be doing a joint venture with USA there. But no sign of any progress. Does anyone have any info on it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area