Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 10:40 AM

32 posts, read 34,342 times

Advertisements

They are Mexicanos, carajo!!

Old 03-29-2014, 10:58 AM

10,069 posts, read 14,947,742 times
The reality is that most Mexicans live in central and southern Mexico and it is perfectly possible to figure out the average admixture of any population worldwide.

On another note, I have yet to see a post alluding that anyone from Mexico is not Mexican or that some people are more Mexican than others.

This thread is about ancestry and admixture. I don't know why some people feel bothered by this. Is it because of the Amerindian blood? Is it too much for some to accept? How come no one is bothered that northern Mexicans often come out with greater European in their mixture than is typical for Mexicans? How come some here often point out that the more Amerindian looking ones are in southern and central Mexico and then try to say that they are not representative even though most of Mexico's population lives in central and southern Mexico?

Old 03-29-2014, 01:42 PM

10,069 posts, read 14,947,742 times
I'm basing everything on what I have seen in my travels to various parts in Mexico, but most importantly to the DNA findings because physical features don't always correspond with actual genetic composition.

Some people here have major issues with the indigenous ancestry in the average Mexican. I'm willing to bet that if the average Mexican was more like Puerto Ricans (more than 60% Spanish ancestry) no one would be complaining or trying to point out that there are places where people look more indigenous.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:19 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,399,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capellania97 View Post
Mexicans for the most part don't give a damn about racial percentages the way other race obsessed latinos do, especially those from the caribbean. Mexico stopped doing a racial census almost a century ago and most people don't know or care about their percentages. I have wasted entirely too much time on your pathetic attempts at trolling. The fact that you keep repeating the same uninformed crap over and over makes it very clear to me that you are a troll. This is the last time I respond to any of your posts.
So if you don't give a damn about race, you can accept with no problem that Indigenous DNA is the most prominent in Mexico? Why are you getting so mad?

Old 03-29-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
You appear to be quite ignorant southern Mexico is not the same as central Mexico, it's like saying that Haiti and the Dominican republic are the same just because one's capital is a four hour drive from the other or because the Dominican republic is full of Haitian immigrants.
Ummm Haiti and Rep Dom are two different countries, with two different cultures and languages.............Are you really trying to distance yourself from your southern counterparts that much?

Old 03-29-2014, 10:07 PM

edit.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:16 AM

138 posts, read 328,276 times
Quote:
I didn't realize that having a different opinion than another poster makes you an angry person. The point I was trying to make is that Santo Domingo is closer to Port au prince in distance than Mexico city is to Oaxaca and that southern and central Mexico are not carbon copies of each other as that poster seemed to imply. I made no suggestion about one being better than the other, so I don't know what you are getting at with the distancing and the dna stuff.
Most Mexicans do look indigenous. Most of Mexico's population is in the south and central areas. Mexican blood is majority indigenous. These aren't ignorant generalizations, these are facts. Why do you protest facts so much?

Old 03-30-2014, 08:44 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Azteca View Post
Most Mexicans do look indigenous. Most of Mexico's population is in the south and central areas. Mexican blood is majority indigenous. These aren't ignorant generalizations, these are facts. Why do you protest facts so much?
Some people just cannot accept facts plain and simple.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:27 PM

836 posts, read 2,947,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Azteca View Post
Yes, those are ignorant generalization. now about the blood, please provide the scientific source of your statement.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:59 PM

138 posts, read 328,276 times
Quote:
Most Mexicans are mestizos meaning that most of us have a combination of caucasian and indigenous features and it can often vary even among siblings, so we are neither spanish nor indigenous we are mestizos. For most of us our ancestors are mestizos who have been intermarrying with each other for over 500 years , meaning that we are far removed from both of our indigenous and our spanish ancestries. Most Mexicans despite their physical appearance cannot even tell you what tribe their indigenous ancestors belonged to or what part of Spain their ancestors came from, so at the end of the day most of us cannot pretend to be anything other than mestizos. The bulk of Mexico's indigenous population lives in southern Mexico not central Mexico so I don't get what your point is with that comment and it is ignorant to make unsubstantiated claims and state them as facts.
Puebla, Hidalgo, San Luis Potosi, Michoacan, Estado de Mexico, Queretaro, and Verzcruz are heavily Amerindian. Those states are in the Central. Oaxaca, Yucatan, Guerrero, Chiapas, Quintana Roo, Campeche, and Tabasco are all heavily Amerindian as-well, THOSE states are in the south.

Check out the attachment I put there, these are Mexican states by indigenous population. Amerindians are concentrated in the south and central. Most of Mexico's population is in the south and central.

There's also a picture of some random Mexican girl. She looks Amerindian, and she's who you'd think of when you think of a Mexican girl.

Or check out the third picture of Mexican people celebrating in the street. Most of these people look Amerindian.
Attached Thumbnails
What ancestry do most Mexicans have really?-percent-population-indigenous-2010-smaller-.png   What ancestry do most Mexicans have really?-mexican-girl_world-cup-2010_02.jpg   What ancestry do most Mexicans have really?-r-mexico-election-vote-buying-large570.jpg  

Last edited by Texan_Azteca; 03-30-2014 at 03:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.