Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 03:20 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,464,355 times

Advertisements

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JJh7xjZzMu...Bchoculate.jpg

this young girl from Mexico has a native look and her eyes have an asian look

Last edited by mr bolo; 12-23-2013 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: photo too large

Old 12-23-2013, 03:52 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,479,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianGumbo View Post
I come from the Eastern Band of Cherokee, a federally recognized tribe, we are not Hebrew or Jewish. I have Native American and Asian DNA in my ancestry test from 23andMe. I have no Jewish blood, or middle eastern and nor does my father which my Cherokee comes from.

We are not Jewish Stop with this rubbish. We will tell you what we are. We are Amerindians and all Indigenous are my brethren. From South America to Alaska. The people in that DNA test, were not "Cheorkee" from any tribes that come from documented Indians. There are only three Cheorkee; Keetoowah, Cheorkee Nation and Eastern Band.

while the Jews were lost since 720 BC?, we have been here thousands of years.

This is Diamond Brown from our Snowbird clan. He is 100% Cherokee. Does he look like damn Hebrew?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Zo5kG7FWI4...stival+011.jpg
He definitely does not. He looks quite Asian. But here's a pic from Wiki of various Cherokee. Do any of these look Euro or Semitic?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-Cherokees.jpg

The recent discovery of Mitochondrial DNA in Cherokee does not mean ALL Cherokee have that lineage. But it does show that SOME people who are Native American do have lineage from places other than Asia. When where how and how many is the big mystery.

Recently it was discovered people from Ireland originated from Spain. It makes sense. People came from somewhere. DNA is just going to create some surprises and shine some light on some forgotten history.

And yes, of course, it could be from some forgotten intermarriages 400 years ago. It's entirely possible there was intermarriage that got lost to history as Euros from failed settlements were adopted by the Cherokee along the way. Whatever the case is, it is interesting unearthing such mysteries.

One question to you. Why do you use the term AmerIndian? It's pretty well known now that the "Indian" part was just a misnomer by Columbus who thought he was in India.

Of course the second part of this question is what did the Native Americans call America before it was so inappropriately named for Amerigo Vespucci?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:20 PM

322 posts, read 708,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
He definitely does not. He looks quite Asian. But here's a pic from Wiki of various Cherokee. Do any of these look Euro or Semitic?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-Cherokees.jpg

The recent discovery of Mitochondrial DNA in Cherokee does not mean ALL Cherokee have that lineage. But it does show that SOME people who are Native American do have lineage from places other than Asia. When where how and how many is the big mystery.

Recently it was discovered people from Ireland originated from Spain. It makes sense. People came from somewhere. DNA is just going to create some surprises and shine some light on some forgotten history.

And yes, of course, it could be from some forgotten intermarriages 400 years ago. It's entirely possible there was intermarriage that got lost to history as Euros from failed settlements were adopted by the Cherokee along the way. Whatever the case is, it is interesting unearthing such mysteries.

One question to you. Why do you use the term AmerIndian? It's pretty well known now that the "Indian" part was just a misnomer by Columbus who thought he was in India.

Of course the second part of this question is what did the Native Americans call America before it was so inappropriately named for Amerigo Vespucci?
The upload with those picks are genuine Cherokee descendants. True indeed, and varying degrees of Cherokee/Indian blood. John Ross is 1/8 Indian. Walini (directly) in the middle is from the Qualla in NC, she is a stealthy Cherokee.

I am open to all scientific evidence, Kennewick Man, Florida Bog. There was no doubt other populations were here. The question is not "if" but "when." However, when testing tribes on the east, we really need to test ancient remains, (pre-Columbus) which unfortunately due to political tension is not easy to do. Things are off limits and would carry a wealth of information. It is very plausible that the Cherokee mixed much earlier before before colonization. Also, Cherokee are a confederaton of tribes with some legends of migration from the Great Lakes regions.

Amerindian is an all encompassing term for Indigenous of the Americas, scientifcally speaking. In Indian Country, we refer to ourselves as such or our ancestry. American Indian is politically correct. Or for short NDN.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:32 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,479,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianGumbo View Post
The upload with those picks are genuine Cherokee descendants. True indeed, and varying degrees of Cherokee/Indian blood. John Ross is 1/8 Indian. Walini (directly) in the middle is from the Qualla in NC, she is a stealthy Cherokee.

I am open to all scientific evidence, Kennewick Man, Florida Bog. There was no doubt other populations were here. The question is not "if" but "when." However, when testing tribes on the east, we really need to test ancient remains, (pre-Columbus) which unfortunately due to political tension is not easy to do. Things are off limits and would carry a wealth of information. It is very plausible that the Cherokee mixed much earlier before before colonization. Also, Cherokee are a confederaton of tribes with some legends of migration from the Great Lakes regions.

Amerindian is an all encompassing term for Indigenous of the Americas, scientifcally speaking. In Indian Country, we refer to ourselves as such or our ancestry. American Indian is politically correct. Or for short NDN.
Appreciate the insight.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:12 AM

50 posts, read 108,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post
This is just a myth with no proves.

Im my opinion he is far to look "black", maybe he was trirracial as much hondurans, venezuelans are.

No myth, he was indeed mulato

Old 01-02-2014, 11:14 AM

50 posts, read 108,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JJh7xjZzMu...Bchoculate.jpg

this young girl from Mexico has a native look and her eyes have an asian look
She is Huichol, I assume.

EDIT: It says KUNA Indian, the Kuna are indigenous to Panama not Mexico.

Last edited by Self Infanticide; 01-02-2014 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Mistake

Old 01-03-2014, 02:08 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,139,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Infanticide View Post
She is Huichol, I assume.

EDIT: It says KUNA Indian, the Kuna are indigenous to Panama not Mexico.
And Huichol are from Nayarit! My wife has Huichol in her ancestry.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:02 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,410,915 times
I have traveled a lot in Mexico and have seen and known a lot of Mexican Americans in the USA, and what I see with my eyes with physical characteristics is a population that is mostly of native indigenous blood. The country is a large part Mestizo (as are a lot of the Central American and South American countries), and my guess when you say "Mestizo" it is probably 80% native blood and 20% Spanish blood (or even less). And there are a lot of Mexicans 100% native blood or close to it.

I personally have never seen a Mexican person who looked like they even had one drop of African blood in them. I think that is way, way overstated.

If you have ever been to Spain you see what Spanish people look like. They are very white European looking often with fair colored hair. In my opinion I do not see many Mexicans that look like people in Spain. That is a small minority.

Here is what Wikipedia says about Mexico's ethnic breakdown:
-65% Mestizo (and as I said when you say Mestizo you are talking predominately Indigenous blood with a much smaller amount of Spanish blood)
-18% Amerindian
-16% white
-<1% black, asian or other combined

....so there you have it, really 83% of the population is mostly indigenous blood.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:04 AM

2,238 posts, read 3,325,278 times
Most Mexicans are mixed ancestry of Native American, European, and African descent. So Mexicans are triracial.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:11 AM

199 posts, read 336,884 times
I always wondered if there was some sort of affinity between Mexicans and Native Americans in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico