Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mercedes-Benz and Smart
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 08:41 AM

4,632 posts, read 12,340,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I do stand behind my statement and I figured the thread needed a little fire since the other user seems to think a carjacking story in dirty jersey is a reason not to buy anything nice.
Does that make it different from a Midwest meth head breaking into your house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 09:01 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,173,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Does that make it different from a Midwest meth head breaking into your house?
I venture to say the crime rate in NJ and NY is a bit higher, but I live in a shall issue state so unless a meth head wants a hot one in the gut, bring it.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:13 AM

4,632 posts, read 12,340,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I venture to say the crime rate in NJ and NY is a bit higher, but I live in a shall issue state so unless a meth head wants a hot one in the gut, bring it.
Look here at violent crime rates per 1000.

United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like Michigan is the worst, but my point is that crime occurs everywhere. New York is actually pretty safe in comparison considering it is so densely populated.

Statistics also prove your gun is more likely to be used against another family member than a criminal, so your perception is false. I have guns too, but don't sleep with one.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,605 times
I think that everybody, not only the rich get Mercedes, and even then not all rich people do get Mercedes. I think that those who do get it for their personal taste, but also Mercedes is know to have very nice luxury cars. There are even tuning kits and customization options like the one below that make it look more expensive and unique.

http://lacomputerconsulting.com/wp-c...hiteGLNoLP.jpg

Old 07-28-2015, 07:01 PM

8,297 posts, read 23,184,044 times
Because they can afford the repairs, it's amazing the most, best engineered cars break down the most but Asia where all our crap comes from makes the most reliable cars

Old 08-20-2015, 01:21 PM

1,778 posts, read 2,898,994 times
According to the book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", many rich people drive "American iron". Lincoln, Caddy and Buick being the autos of choice. And they buy them CPO.

Is that somewhat true for you really rich folks out there?

I drive a used C300, but I'm still a million dollars short of being a millionaire.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:27 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,973,226 times
Mercedes are used as taxi cabs in Europe. No rich people driving them. Nice premium cars, but not considered anything special and are very common. I would hesitate to even call them a luxury brand. The rich people stick to Bentley's and Roll's, not Mercedes. Mercedes also has a truck line.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:23 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,129,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OIF VET View Post
i know a very rich family and they drive a Honda Odyssey for the kids and the father drives a Nissan Maxima, but their house is huge and amazing, with sound proof walls throughout

so in reality its poor people who drive expensive cars to look rich while living in crappy apartments
Generally speaking, my observation is that you have two groups of people who buy a Mercedes:

1) Those who fit the above category, and

2) Those who can truly afford the cost associated with acquiring and properly maintaining a Mercedes.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:04 AM

638 posts, read 598,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Mercedes are used as taxi cabs in Europe. No rich people driving them. Nice premium cars, but not considered anything special and are very common. I would hesitate to even call them a luxury brand. The rich people stick to Bentley's and Roll's, not Mercedes. Mercedes also has a truck line.
For the first part you are correct, Mercedes do sell Taxi spec cars, however these are different to Mercedes for sale to the general public.

For the second part you are fairly incorrect. It is seen as incredibly vulgar and "not the done thing" in Germany (in particular) to flaunt ones wealth by buying a rolls etc. So they stick to mercs and bmw's. New money classless folk buy bentleys and Rolls, and I bet a sizable percentage of them also have a merc in their stable.

Old 12-05-2015, 01:37 PM

17,432 posts, read 12,383,827 times
Most "rich" people(CEOs and such not mega millionaire families) I know are still driving their 10+year old Toyotas and putting their money to work in investments, not cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mercedes-Benz and Smart