Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2020, 12:41 PM

4,627 posts, read 4,896,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Has anyone gone to a restaurant yet?
Dine in or take out?
I'm not sure you can sit in any restaurants out here, but I ordered at a counter for take out for lunch today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 12:46 PM

779 posts, read 877,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
The WHO now says Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus is "very rare"... Say what??

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asym...-who-says.html
I feel like this also supports the studies that show that not only are children contracting at a lower rate than adults, but they are also not really transmitting it. Not sure if it's because the symptoms are so mild in children that they just aren't really spreading it, but I'm happy to hear any evidence that supports that schools should be able to open as normally as possible.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:51 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
I feel like this also supports the studies that show that not only are children contracting at a lower rate than adults, but they are also not really transmitting it. Not sure if it's because the symptoms are so mild in children that they just aren't really spreading it, but I'm happy to hear any evidence that supports that schools should be able to open as normally as possible.
Did you see the preliminary guidance on that today? Let's hope this is revised.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:57 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Dine in or take out?
I'm not sure you can sit in any restaurants out here, but I ordered at a counter for take out for lunch today.

Sit in. Doesn;'t that start today with outdoor seating? It's a nice day out, wonder if anyone took advantage of it

Old 06-08-2020, 01:01 PM

4,627 posts, read 4,896,472 times
Quote:
Sit in. Doesn;'t that start today with outdoor seating? It's a nice day out, wonder if anyone took advantage of it
Yeah, that's supposed to start today with Stage 2, Phase 1. No one in downtown Worcester is offering it yet though, but my lunch today was the first time I've seen him open for months

Old 06-08-2020, 01:01 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
I have the full doc and will try and link or post here. The DOE is many steps behind per usual. The unspoken elephant here is that school departments have to deal with the teachers unions in terms of reopening (one of the unreported reasons they called the school year so early without explanation).

Old 06-08-2020, 01:07 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
This guidance has been unofficially circulating for about a month now among educators as something they will likely plan for. What it translates to for a schedule is a every other day rotating schedule for students. An official statement is supposed to be released at the end of the month to give parents time to plan.

I know I said my company was planning to allow non-essentials back in the office today on a rotating schedule, but all that got thrown out at the last minute, and the status quo is still in effect. Non-essentials to remain home until further notice.

On a positive note though, if anyone has been following the latest numbers from MA, each day the important metrics are continuing to decrease. Cases, deaths, hospitalizations continue to drop and we are 14 days post Memorial Day.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:11 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
I have the full doc and will try and link or post here. The DOE is many steps behind per usual. The unspoken elephant here is that school departments have to deal with the teachers unions in terms of reopening (one of the unreported reasons they called the school year so early without explanation).
That makes sense about the teachers unions. Are there teachers' spouses unions?

Old 06-08-2020, 01:28 PM

12,863 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Has anyone gone to a restaurant yet?
Not in MA. Going to give it a week or two for them to get into a rhythm and for the initial rush of people to die down. I did, however, see a few places starting to setup tables outside around here when I went for a bike ride this morning. I'm going out for a walk after work, so we'll see how full they are.

I went to a restaurant in Bristol, RI (Thames Waterside) on Saturday. It was my first restaurant meal since early March - we made a reservation 2 days in advance. They spaced the tables out really well, cleaned everything meticulously, put drinks in plastic cups, etc. We wore our masks until we were seated. It felt really nice to be doing it again, but it was far from normal.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:57 PM

779 posts, read 877,194 times
Was just talking with my husband to see if we should try to get a reservation near us tonight since it's so nice out.

Took my kids to the dentist this morning. It went pretty smoothly, but was very odd. Text them when you get there, they let you know when you can come in. Then I had to sit in the car and wait until the dentist brought them out--we talked about their appt. in the parking lot. My oldest gets nervous at the dentist, so it's the first time I haven't been there to hold her hand.

I had a hair appt. last week and it was very strange to be so close to somebody who wasn't a family member. It was very empty and quiet (no blow drying allowed). I was there for a couple of hours and struggled with my mask a little since I was trying to talk.

So slowly more of the day-to-day things are starting to happen here. Even went to Target for the first time in months!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts