Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2020, 01:29 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
when I used the word love i was being sarcastic. It is interesting to me that so many people here know many who've been badly affected by covid - in that they had it or died from it. I am 42 with parents in their 60's/70's, I also have a large family all over the world. Can't say I know anyone personally who's had it. I'm sorry to those who know anyone who'd had it or died from it.

Insinuating that people are lying about knowing people who have died from it or have lingering health issues also doesn't make you sound very good, you realize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 01:38 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
I'm truly disgusted with people who think parents need to just suck it up right no. We've been sucking it up for 7 months, every day. It's easy for childless people or people with grown kids to cast judgement on parents who are trying to work and make sure their kids learn...every day.

As I've said several times, I'm sorry that you're inconvenienced. We all are. Some more than others.

Imagine if you weren't able to work from home. Or if you were unemployed and couldn't pay your bills.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:41 PM

16,400 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
It's not "people thinking parents need to suck it up", parents DO need to suck it up. Of course parents have it rougher than non parents. Could always be worse though. Think of the elderly in facilities who have been unable to see family since March. You want to talk about unfair?
I know people who have elderly parents/grandparents in facilities. They've seen them. My neighbor was telling me her 90 year old mother was coming to visit them in their home with their 30 something aged children and I was surprised.

We just dont know the lasting effects this could have on kids. People say kids are resilient, but I think that's something people say to feel better. I hope things turn out ok for kids, but they are missing out now and again the end is no where in sight. They've already cancelled the boston marthon for 2021. That will have a trickle down effect on many other events now.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:48 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
I know people who have elderly parents/grandparents in facilities. They've seen them. My neighbor was telling me her 90 year old mother was coming to visit them in their home with their 30 something aged children and I was surprised.

We just dont know the lasting effects this could have on kids. People say kids are resilient, but I think that's something people say to feel better. I hope things turn out ok for kids, but they are missing out now and again the end is no where in sight. They've already cancelled the boston marthon for 2021. That will have a trickle down effect on many other events now.

There's no question it's putting them at a disadvantage; as were kids during the Spanish flu, during wars, and so on...

Had we handled this properly, the effects could have been shorter lived and they'd be having a somewhat normal school year as they are in some countries that actually had their $hit together. But we didn't, so...

Old 10-28-2020, 01:54 PM

I actually being able to see my kids more, but cutting out arts and crafts and attending to homework while doing my own work and zoom calls can be a bit much after 7 months. I wonder how much longer will I be living like this. Sure, some families have it worse.

I dont know how much better we could have handled this...we knew about it in jan/feb and things shut down in MA in March. I wish people would stop playing the blame game with then we shut things down. Shutting things down had never been done in my lifetime of 42 years, it wasn't an easy decision.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:55 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Interesting look at the regional trends.

Old 10-28-2020, 02:06 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
I actually being able to see my kids more, but cutting out arts and crafts and attending to homework while doing my own work and zoom calls can be a bit much after 7 months. I wonder how much longer will I be living like this. Sure, some families have it worse.

I dont know how much better we could have handled this...we knew about it in jan/feb and things shut down in MA in March. I wish people would stop playing the blame game with then we shut things down. Shutting things down had never been done in my lifetime of 42 years, it wasn't an easy decision.
It's not about playing the blame game, nor can we blame everything on our government. A lot of it falls on us.

Old 10-28-2020, 02:11 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
It's not about playing the blame game, nor can we blame everything on our government. A lot of it falls on us.
I would have like to have been remote sooner, but I guess I blame my boss/dept head for that one. So i continued to commute in and out on a packed train.

Old 10-28-2020, 02:13 PM

Default /

1137 new cases, 36 deaths. Sigh.

Old 10-28-2020, 02:19 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
36 souls is heartbreaking any way you look at it, so is 1 for that matter. However, it is important context that that is 36 deaths reported today. Thankfully we are not close to that total on a daily basis currently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts