Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 10:09 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I decided to go to a Wendy's yesterday, first time in 4 months, but I have standard order, 4 for 4 Double Stack with cheese. I was told they didn't have Double Stacks due to 'the meat shortage'. I suspect they might have had other burger sizes (why would they even be open if they did not have any meat?), but I didn't want to play 20 questions with the voice on the other end of the speaker, so I just left.
Ya the joke is thats like going to a strip club without strippers, Or going to a bar without alcohol.

I refuse to eat fake meat or plant based meat. I will not become a vegatarian. Hopefully these plants that have been closed will open up again soon. I go to my local grocery store and they are out of ground beef and chicken thighs. I have been shopping at whole foods and trader Joes since they have the meat!

some groccery stores are limiting the amount of meat you can buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Baker is doing well. I'd say Cuomo is doing well also. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the DNC want to switch him and Biden. Just be calm, cool and collective and that can be a good sign.

I'm not so sure about lower levels. Plymouth county which is run by just three part time employees somehow has applied and received 90 million and the state isn't happy. Apparently the feds must have thought that county government here is as strong as texas...uh no.
Cuomo is doing good ? did you hear about this?

he sent covid-19 patients to nursing homes thus probably killing thosands of people.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/01/cuomos...ex-gov-pataki/

The nursing homes did not want the patients and he told them they had to take them.

They passed a law that even if someone tests positive for covid 19 they can not be denied a place in a nursing home.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:19 AM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I refuse to eat fake meat or plant based meat. I will not become a vegatarian. Hopefully these plants that have been closed will open up again soon. I go to my local grocery store and they are out of ground beef and chicken thighs. I have been shopping at whole foods and trader Joes since they have the meat!
I am omnivore who eats a good amount of both meat and plant foods. I also don't believe in consuming the fake meat. The only foods I don't eat at all are rice and soy; soy because it interferes with testosterone unless it is fermented and rice because it is just empty carbs.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I am omnivore who eats a good amount of both meat and plant foods. I also don't believe in consuming the fake meat. The only foods I don't eat at all are rice and soy; soy because it interferes with testosterone unless it is fermented and rice because it is just empty carbs.
Ya you dont want to become a soy boy! you ever hear of the term soy boy?

Ya who knows what is in that fake meat. dunkin donuts has fake sausage. I avoid GMO foods.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:28 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
So you've fallen for the "soy boy" myth?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...15028209009662

Old 05-06-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
So you've fallen for the "soy boy" myth?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...15028209009662
Your link only addresses one single compound within soy. I consider it to be an incomplete analysis.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Ya you dont want to become a soy boy! you ever hear of the term soy boy?

Ya who knows what is in that fake meat. dunkin donuts has fake sausage. I avoid GMO foods.
I try to restrict consumption of foods containing phyto-estrogens.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:45 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
Your link only addresses one single compound within soy. I consider it to be an incomplete analysis.
It's a meta-analysis of studies on soy proteins, not just one single compound. Specifically:

Quote:
Peer-reviewed studies published in English were selected if [1] adult men consumed soy foods, isolated soy protein, or isoflavone extracts (from soy or red clover) and [2] circulating T, SHBG, free T, or calculated FAI was assessed.
And concluded

Quote:
No significant effects of soy protein or isoflavone intake on T, SHBG, free T, or FAI were detected regardless of statistical model.
I'm not sure why you responded so quickly without even reading the abstract.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:01 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Quote:
Ya the joke is thats like going to a strip club without strippers, Or going to a bar without alcohol.

some groccery stores are limiting the amount of meat you can buy.
yea, traders joes sources most of their beef and lamb pre packaged out of New Zealand. I was at Star market in Chestnut Hill Friday, they had plenty of Beef and Lamb and Chicken thighs (with the skin, my preference). Presumably Whole Foods will be willing to outbid others to get their beef.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:14 AM

17,739 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
I don't do soy either. But tell me this doesn't look damn good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AxydboW8v8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts