Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2020, 12:33 PM

49 posts, read 38,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Well I guess it’s easy to talk when you’re living in your mothers basement and your belly is full..
This kind of petty, emotion-drive rhetoric is highly ineffective if you're desire is to sway others to your line of thinking. It is effective if you are just posting for the LOLs and trolling.

Moreover, just keep this in mind in the real world because it will help you have more productive conversations and better relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2020, 12:33 PM

6,130 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I saw a grad student is suing northeastern for still being charged full tuition for remote learning when the expectation was it would be in person.

It is kind of messed up that schools aren’t giving some type of refunds. Pigs. They have the money.
My child is graduating from one of the Boston-area universities. We just received a very generous (I thought) refund for the unused portion of the room & board. No complaints...

Old 05-04-2020, 12:39 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
My child is graduating from one of the Boston-area universities. We just received a very generous (I thought) refund for the unused portion of the room & board. No complaints...
Well that’s good to hear.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:51 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I'm a career high tech road warrior, I ski, I travel for leisure cashing in frequent flyer points, and I'm pretty old so I've been most first world places that have tech. Most of the non-flyover US. Most of Canada. My sister lives in Vancouver. Most of the EU. I had an office in the Dutch part of Belgium and was based there half time for a while. I worked for a number of Asian companies. A lot of Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. Chile for ski trips. A bit of Caribbean. Israel a couple of times.

Now? I haven't left New England since last Christmas.
Have you been to Japan?

tokyo which has a insane amount of people only has 141 deaths from covid 19.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...4dUDCAk&uact=5

this has been a mystery no one has solved. Maybe because in Japan hardly anyone that is overweight and They have less occurances of diabeties. New york which also has a ton of people was much worse.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 05-04-2020 at 01:32 PM..

Old 05-04-2020, 12:54 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
It is interesting that Japan has so few deaths. Not sure how they managed.

Italy had a lot of deaths but I don’t think they’re a group that’s known for having diabetes. They are typically petite people, not overweight. Some have blamed smoking since many Italians smoke.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:17 PM

6,130 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Have you been to Japan?

tokyo which has a insane amount of people only has 141 deaths from covid 19.

this has been a mystery no one has solved. Maybe because in Japan hardly anyone is overweight and They have less occurences of diabetes. New york which also has a ton of people was much worse.
I've been to Japan several times...most recent was 2017. I rode the trains a lot (Shinkansen and others), and a large (but minority) number of people were wearing masks even then.

Yes, not only is their overall health better, but they actually LISTEN to their government! They don't protest en masse that their liberties are being trampled on, or threaten violence because they're asked to wear masks.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:24 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmCoastLocal View Post
This kind of petty, emotion-drive rhetoric is highly ineffective if you're desire is to sway others to your line of thinking. It is effective if you are just posting for the LOLs and trolling.

Moreover, just keep this in mind in the real world because it will help you have more productive conversations and better relationships.

Y'all are stellar. Me, I found the "Ignore" feature a while ago for such.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:32 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Provide me the math if your constitutional rights were never infringed and everyone was frolicking about waking hand-in-hand with the virus. How many would be infected? How many would be dead?

The state shutdowns do infringe on constitutional freedoms. Yeah, so what? I see how many have died with all of these extreme measures, and can only imagine the numbers if everyone were like you. Go protest to your hearts content.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:33 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,724,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Obviously you don’t give a dam about your personal freedoms
Yeah, guess I'll cancel my ACLU membership then. I'm assuming you've given some generous donations to them, since you're so concerned about individual rights. That's one good thing.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:38 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
It is interesting that Japan has so few deaths. Not sure how they managed.

Italy had a lot of deaths but I don’t think they’re a group that’s known for having diabetes. They are typically petite people, not overweight. Some have blamed smoking since many Italians smoke.
Italy has a very large older population. Possibly the largest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I've been to Japan several times...most recent was 2017. I rode the trains a lot (Shinkansen and others), and a large (but minority) number of people were wearing masks even then.

Yes, not only is their overall health better, but they actually LISTEN to their government! They don't protest en masse that their liberties are being trampled on, or threaten violence because they're asked to wear masks.
Wouldn't that be something. Muppets on parade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts