Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2020, 10:28 AM

23,565 posts, read 18,707,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
No...boomer I don’t have it rough...but I do know many small business owners that are hanging by a thread..
"Boomer"??? I don't know what kind of businesses you know, but I doubt their plight is due to any mandated shut downs as simply opposed to an unprecedented pandemic. I mean do you think an equivalent business in Northern Italy (where they let the virus go unchecked) is faring better than in the USA? I'd say the outlook is much better for New Zealand businesses, where they got a grip on it early on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2020, 10:32 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,724,745 times
A great suggestion if you were sitting around wondering, "What is the most idiotic thing I could possibly do today?"

Old 05-04-2020, 10:40 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times
Quote:

I don't know what kind of businesses you know, but I doubt their plight is due to any mandated shut downs
When they’re forced to shut down and generating no income....oh no that’s not the problem. We all know money grows on trees...

Old 05-04-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:

A great suggestion if you were sitting around wondering, "What is the most idiotic thing I could possibly do today?"
Obviously you don’t give a dam about your personal freedoms

Old 05-04-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:

Dude - you seem to have no concept of what slavery is. The existence of a law that you disagree with, isn't remotely equivalent to slavery! Slavery means you are literally just property - you toil endlessly in harsh conditions, without pay, and you have no say, and no rights, your owner can literally do anything they wish to you, including verbal abuse, physical abuse, and murder.

Ok if I had said authoritarian instead of slavery...would that make you happy

Old 05-04-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
When they’re forced to shut down and generating no income....oh no that’s not the problem. We all know money grows on trees...
You didn't answer my question. Do you think small businesses in Northern Italy (where they let it go unchecked) are faring better than here, or New Zealand where their response has been seen as a model (and some might say more "authoritarian")?

Quote:
Obviously you don’t give a dam about your personal freedoms
As far as my "freedom to make others sick", no that's not high up on my priority list right now man...but God bless you if you feel otherwise....

Old 05-04-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:

As far as my "freedom to make others sick", no that's not high up on my priority list right now man...but God bless you if you feel otherwise
Well I guess it’s easy to talk when you’re living in your mothers basement and your belly is full..

Old 05-04-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Well I guess it’s easy to talk when you’re living in your mothers basement and your belly is full...
Would you say that while your mother is in her death bed? OR when you get into an accident, and are bleeding to death in the hospital corridor because the ER is "full"??? Maybe you shouldn't bother answering.

As for those "going hungry", I have made several donations to the local food bank. They have seen a slight uptick, but have thankfully not had to turn anybody away yet. All of my stimulus money will be going towards charity and local businesses (a good chunk of it already has). What have you done for others during this time? Care to share?

Old 05-04-2020, 12:26 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
I saw a grad student is suing northeastern for still being charged full tuition for remote learning when the expectation was it would be in person.

It is kind of messed up that schools aren’t giving some type of refunds. Pigs. They have the money.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:26 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I have been to Canada , florida and all the new england states. where have you been?

I'm a career high tech road warrior, I ski, I travel for leisure cashing in frequent flyer points, and I'm pretty old so I've been most first world places that have tech. Most of the non-flyover US. Most of Canada. My sister lives in Vancouver. Most of the EU. I had an office in the Dutch part of Belgium and was based there half time for a while. I worked for a number of Asian companies. A lot of Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. Chile for ski trips. A bit of Caribbean. Israel a couple of times.

Now? I haven't left New England since last Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts