Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2020, 09:02 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
...allergy season and the pollen has been so bad
I'm glad I am just about out of my peak allergies for the season. Particularly at the outset my mind was running away with things. Glad to hear he is OK and the firsthand testing experience is helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
This isn't a R vs D thing...and I certainly don't feel the need to bucket them as Trump supporters or NRA nuts.
^^This! Those making everything about partisan politics are the problem in our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 09:28 AM

23,570 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
^^This! Those making everything about partisan politics are the problem in our country.
Especially when both "sides" have been nothing but wrong lately.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:29 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
My husband had a slight fever over the weekend--not uncommon for him during allergy season and the pollen has been so bad.
This allergy season has been brutal. Not enough rain lately (as evident by my burned grass), but I've been in the same boat as him. Sneezing like crazy and burning eyes and congestion with a very slight fever (common for me when my allergies get VERY bad).

Fortunately I have relief today, but glad to hear the testing process is much improved.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:46 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,412,860 times
Anecdotally, the trades are not having any issues with covid here in Cental Mass. I've been trying to hire someone and can't get anyone. Emailed several contractors through HomeAdvisor and only received one response. They said they're booked solid to 2021 and my job is too small for them, I should consult a handyman.

Yet the handyman ads don't seem to include plumbing. I need new kitchen sink pipes due to leaking pipes, new sink, new cabinetry and shelving and space for compact refrigerator and a ventless combo washer/dryer installed in a tiny space. Possibly new flooring if there's mold under the kitchen sink cabinet.

My cat and I will probably die from black mold toxins before I can find someone, anyone, to do this job even in the midst of all of these layoffs and small business closings.

I even asked my neighbor and he has now been avoiding me for two months. Nobody needs work apparently.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:50 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
Weird. My allergies have been much less severe than normal. I figured it was because I've been staying indoors much more than usual.

Our kids were knocked out flat for a few days and had fevers back in late April, which we couldn't understand because they hadn't left our property for at least a month by that point. But this was before testing was readily available, so we rode it out. No idea what that was.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:19 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
Yet the handyman ads don't seem to include plumbing. I need new kitchen sink pipes due to leaking pipes, new sink, new cabinetry and shelving and space for compact refrigerator and a ventless combo washer/dryer installed in a tiny space. Possibly new flooring if there's mold under the kitchen sink cabinet.
Technically a handyman cannot do plumbing in MA. That requires a licensed plumber. That's why they tend to not include plumbing in any advertisement. Now, i'm sure If you have some minor plumbling like a leaking faucet, or needing to change out a wax seal on a toilet you will find handymen that will do it, but when you start getting into sweating pipes and such, it tends to be outside the scope of many.

Your job actually sounds like a decent sized job.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:39 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Technically a handyman cannot do plumbing in MA. That requires a licensed plumber. That's why they tend to not include plumbing in any advertisement. Now, i'm sure If you have some minor plumbling like a leaking faucet, or needing to change out a wax seal on a toilet you will find handymen that will do it, but when you start getting into sweating pipes and such, it tends to be outside the scope of many.

Your job actually sounds like a decent sized job.
That's what I thought. Nothing I'd like to have to pay for, that's for sure.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:07 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
Great numbers across the board again today, particularly considering we are 2+ weeks out from the beginning of the protests and generally casual behavior many are concerned about. It seems like this virus could be collapsing in MA.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:22 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Yes the numbers today are the lowest I’ve seen since this all started.

My guess is the protests aren’t going to add to the spread. Possibly in Brockton but I just don’t
See it anywhere else.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:56 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
16 states have seen spikes (some quite large) since reopening.

If there's increased spread in Brockton, it would just be a matter of time for the increased spread to be felt in Boston and the rest of the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts