Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 06:57 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
So now there’s an order to wear masks in MA correct?
Here's the actual order: https://www.mass.gov/doc/may-1-2020-...rings/download

The outdoor part of it is a little toothless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 06:59 PM

779 posts, read 877,067 times
I think I'm the only one on this forum who has been optimistic about keeping the 5/18 date. I feel like the mandatory masks were going to happen before we opened up nonessential businesses. So now that it's in place, I'm still hopeful about 5/18.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:05 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,769,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
So now there’s an order to wear masks in MA correct?

It’s interesting. I’ve noticed in areas like Roslindale and Hyde park people have been wearing masks for weeks as they drive their cars and walk the streets. Then I go to a place like Milton or duxbury and no one has on a mask as they walk about. Hyde park has had high numbers yet people have been wearing masks for weeks. Duxbury/Milton/Medfield all have low numbers and no masks. Are the masks really working? Or are the people in Hyde park not really socially distancing the way they should be? Everyone keeps saying the more affluent areas are filled with people who can’t stay home and work from home but why don’t these folks wear masks when they’re out for a walk or run ?
Different attitudes out in the 'burbs. Possibly a lot more "it can't happen to me because I'm in a safe place" mentality. The same with other issues like school violence. Years ago, there was a school shooting in an affluent far out suburb (Sudbury I think but I don't quite remember) and the entire community was shocked to its senses that something like that could happen at their high school. I was a substitute teacher at the BPS at the time and I recall my supervisor chastising the smug suburban behavior in communities who think they are in "La la land" and something like that could never happen there. School violence can happen anywhere and this coronavirus can strike anywhere, even in communities with huge lot sizes. It might just take a longer time to hit home for some folks.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:13 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
Here's the actual order: https://www.mass.gov/doc/may-1-2020-...rings/download

The outdoor part of it is a little toothless.
I am going to vote democrat in massechusetts for govenor out of spite to teach mr baker a lesson. I dont wish corona virus on baker but i do wish he loses control of his bowels that he needs to wear a diaper in public smelling like feces all the time.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
I think I'm the only one on this forum who has been optimistic about keeping the 5/18 date. I feel like the mandatory masks were going to happen before we opened up nonessential businesses. So now that it's in place, I'm still hopeful about 5/18.
Have to say I am not excited about the idea of going back to the office while being forced to wear a mask.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I am going to vote democrat in massechusetts for govenor out of spite to teach mr baker a lesson.
Forced masks (mostly) everywhere was probably part of the deal with whoever wants to keep things shut down.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:26 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,769,635 times
Quote:
Have to say I am not excited about the idea of going back to the office while being forced to wear a mask.
I was just at BJ's Wholesale Club earlier this evening wearing a mask. Everyone was wearing a mask inside there. I bet after a while it will feel normal just like me wearing my glasses, watch, and necktie (for the office). My primary concern is the supply availability of masks that's all.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:44 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,097,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I am going to vote democrat in massechusetts for govenor out of spite to teach mr baker a lesson. I dont wish corona virus on baker but i do wish he loses control of his bowels that he needs to wear a diaper in public smelling like feces all the time.
Disagree 1000% with this post, but I've gotta admit it's a creative insult that made me crack a smile.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:49 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
I was just at BJ's Wholesale Club earlier this evening wearing a mask. Everyone was wearing a mask inside there. I bet after a while it will feel normal just like me wearing my glasses, watch, and necktie (for the office). My primary concern is the supply availability of masks that's all.
Yes I agree it will all feel normal. I am watching this movie now from way back when . It is excellant to watch during this shutdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICng-KRxXJ8

Old 05-01-2020, 07:57 PM

779 posts, read 877,067 times
Quote:
Me neither—we have the space to be 6+ feet apart, so I’m hoping I don’t have to. I can barely stand wearing one when I have to. I feel like I can’t breathe, I am constantly adjusting it, I start sweating. I have tried a variety of options and basically anything covering my nose and mouth makes my respiratory rate skyrocket and I feel like I’m spreading about 100x more germs with it on given my heavier breathing and sweating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts