Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2020, 04:43 PM

37,476 posts, read 61,444,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
As someone not in a high risk category, it's the long term organ damage and other complications (of which many "low risk people" experience) that concern me far more than dying. And considering how preventable those cases are, are what's truly criminal.

As for recorded COVID deaths resulting from other causes, the number I've been hearing is around 10% give or take. Significant, but not really reducing the level of urgency here.
Outside of watching the Maine CDC announce that traffic accidents will be recorded as COVID-19 deaths, I had not heard anything about 10%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2020, 05:43 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,088,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Fortunately out of 32 people getting infected the odds are that nobody will die from the infection.
Hopefully. But nothing is certain...and there remains the potential that those infected passed it on to others, that's why this thing is so 'successful'. While most may have no long-term effects and will recover successfully, some others *will* have long-term or permanent injury.

You and I are both at risk, and if we do not avoid the people who do things like this the odds are not in *our* favor. That is why it is imperative that we all do what we can to minimize infections.

Quote:
It is unfortunate that in our current political climate if any of those people die in a vehicle accident or even commits suicide it will be recorded as a COVID-19 death.
I have heard rumors along this line, but I have not yet seen anything to validate them. I remain skeptical of the veracity of such things.

Old 08-20-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Hopefully. But nothing is certain...and there remains the potential that those infected passed it on to others, that's why this thing is so 'successful'. While most may have no long-term effects and will recover successfully, some others *will* have long-term or permanent injury.

You and I are both at risk, and if we do not avoid the people who do things like this the odds are not in *our* favor. That is why it is imperative that we all do what we can to minimize infections.
I am more concerned about the illegal Anthrax vaccine I was forced to take, and what the long-term effects will be from it.

Quote:
... I have heard rumors along this line, but I have not yet seen anything to validate them. I remain skeptical of the veracity of such things.
I watched the Maine CDC 'doctor' doing a press release explaining how they were collecting the numbers. That was the last time that I watched one of those press releases.

I do not have a high opinion of 'public health' doctors.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:18 AM

7,369 posts, read 4,149,677 times
Quote:

I watched the Maine CDC 'doctor' doing a press release explaining how they were collecting the numbers. That was the last time that I watched one of those press releases.

There was a radio news report yesterday. The first covid vaccine produced side effects in 50% of people. The second vaccine the side effect were only 17% in people. They are going with the second one - but 17% is still too high for me.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:57 AM

428 posts, read 554,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
There was a radio news report yesterday. The first covid vaccine produced side effects in 50% of people. The second vaccine the side effect were only 17% in people. They are going with the second one - but 17% is still too high for me.
Any vaccine can cause side effects. Almost every medicine you take has side effects. E.g. some allergy medicines have a side effect of causing drowsiness. Knowing what the side effects are is important in weighing the advantages vs disadvantages of medication use and making a decision as to whether or not it is worth the risk.

Old 08-21-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I am more concerned about the illegal Anthrax vaccine I was forced to take, and what the long-term effects will be from it.

I'm not aware of anything regarding an 'illegal' anthrax vaccine. I do know that whenever I was called up for a mission, my shot record was reviewed and I would like as not get shot up with one thing or another. I didn't question it and I am not aware of any ill effects from those vaccines. As far as I am concerned, they were taking the necessary precautions to keep me in fighting shape rather that have me fall victim to some disease and become useless (or dead) as a result.

As to 'public health officials' I have been [mostly] impressed with Fauci, Birx and Shah. Occasionally I have noted where they made statements that conflict with what I consider common sense- most offensive have been statements alluding that viral loads carried by children were not transmissible at the same rates as adults. Based on my knowledge, I see no good reason to arrive at such a conclusion- the virus resides in the same places, and the mechanism of transmission does not change, so it does not make sense to me that there would be any difference due to age.

Children are veritable petri dishes of pestilence. Though there are many things that we now vaccinate against in regard to disease spread by children, there still remains colds and flu, lice, scabies, and now Covid, I see no reason to assume that it will be any different.

It disturbs me to see them forced to bow to political pressure. I think that opening schools is a big mistake. Huge.

Old 08-21-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I'm not aware of anything regarding an 'illegal' anthrax vaccine.
The DOD contracted with six corporations to cook up Anthrax vaccines.

Each used an un-licensed lab to make a vaccine that they thought might work against Anthrax. They gave the vaccines to the military with lot numbers to be recorded in our records, hoping that years later an analysis of the data would reveal which lot number had the best results and fewest side effects. But the military HM corpsmen and medics tossed out the paperwork and just gave us the shots. Nobody knows which batch was given to whom.

Now we wait for the side effects with no way for the VA to correlate the data to which vaccine is causing each symptom.

Quote:
... As to 'public health officials' I have been [mostly] impressed with Fauci, Birx and Shah. Occasionally I have noted where they made statements that conflict with what I consider common sense.
Public Health doctors gave hundreds of black men syphilis [the Tuskegee report], refused to treat the disease, and watched them develop symptoms and eventually die.
https://www.cdc.gov/tuskegee/faq.htm

Old 08-21-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
The DOD contracted with six corporations to cook up Anthrax vaccines.

Each used an un-licensed lab to make a vaccine that they thought might work against Anthrax. They gave the vaccines to the military with lot numbers to be recorded in our records, hoping that years later an analysis of the data would reveal which lot number had the best results and fewest side effects. But the military HM corpsmen and medics tossed out the paperwork and just gave us the shots. Nobody knows which batch was given to whom.

Now we wait for the side effects with no way for the VA to correlate the data to which vaccine is causing each symptom.
How long ago was that?

I would think that you're out of the woods on that now.

Quote:
Public Health doctors gave hundreds of black men syphilis [the Tuskegee report], refused to treat the disease, and watched them develop symptoms and eventually die.
https://www.cdc.gov/tuskegee/faq.htm
That was a long time ago, and the exposure of it led to a lot of changes in the law regarding 'informed consent'. A lot of people believe that they were intentionally infected, but that was not the case. When the study began in 1932 there was no treatment for syph...but it was certainly a tragedy that they were not provided treatment after penicillin was found to be effective.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the topic- An older woman who attended the wedding in Millinocket is now dead as a result.

#CongratsOnYourWedding
#YouKilledGrandma

Old 08-21-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
How long ago was that?

I would think that you're out of the woods on that now.

Quote:
... That was a long time ago, and the exposure of it led to a lot of changes in the law regarding 'informed consent'. A lot of people believe that they were intentionally infected, but that was not the case. When the study began in 1932 there was no treatment for syph...but it was certainly a tragedy that they were not provided treatment after penicillin was found to be effective.
That program continued to 1975.

Penicillin came into popular use in 1942. they could have all been treated and cured by 1945.

Old 08-22-2020, 11:14 AM

23,642 posts, read 18,764,013 times
Massachusetts positivity rate drops from 1.3% to 1.2%. Why again is that state still being singled out?

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/08...ew-low-of-1-2/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine