Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2020, 02:53 PM

846 posts, read 1,020,921 times

Advertisements

I've been watching the 2018 season of the Red Sox over again every night a game at a time. youtube had MLB Vault that shows just about any game of significance over the last 50 or so years. I'm thinking the 2020 season will not be. Every day there is a different story about who won't agree to what. I am a baseball nut, I don't like watching any other sports except Rugby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 04:20 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,476,447 times
Interesting. I have not followed baseball for a while. When I grew up in the 60's, it was the Yankees, Orioles, Red Sox and Tigers scrapping every year in the AL. (A Tigers fan here.) Since the cessation of sports I have not been interested in watching the old stuff. Now that NASCAR is running real new races, I'll watch that a bit. Sure miss hockey.

Old 06-10-2020, 04:28 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,533,786 times
There it is! AN ADDITIONAL 30 days just announced! Forget this summer in Maine! Sad!
https://bangordailynews.com/2020/06/...other-30-days/

Old 06-10-2020, 04:32 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,533,786 times
Default July 10th 30 Days extension Coronavirus

https://www.newscentermaine.com/arti...4-edd67ed843fc

Just shut the state for the summer! See ya in 2021
So sad

https://www.newscentermaine.com/arti...4-edd67ed843fc

Old 06-10-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin5098 View Post
"The State will allow adults who obtain and receive a negative COVID-19 test ideally within the past 72 hours to forgo the 14-day quarantine upon arrival in Maine. Maine is strongly urging visitors to “Know Before You Go,” meaning they should get tested and receive their test results in their home state before traveling to Maine, which will allow them to take appropriate action depending on the result. Individuals may be tested upon arrival in Maine as well, but they must quarantine while awaiting the results."
Thanks very much, Kevin. I had followed your link before but could not find the 'ideally'; I finally found it.

However, some of the official documents linked to your link do not include the word 'ideally'. Those documents makes it mandatory. I included those links before. Here is one statement: "Provided your test was done on a sample taken within 72 hours of arrival, you may travel to Maine." It comes from this Maine CDC document, on their official lettehead : https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/inf...0-06092020.pdf

So which is the correct rule?

Sorry, but with the high taxes being extracted from citizens in Maine, I personally think EVERYONE should expect better that this. And honestly, the restrictions and requirements put in on VA and NC have not had these issues. It is not hard to make things clear.

And I'll point out again.... The quarantine requirement for visitors previously was going to expire on July 1. Now it looks to be continuing past July 1.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:29 PM

428 posts, read 554,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
So which is the correct rule?

Sorry, but with the high taxes being extracted from citizens in Maine, I personally think EVERYONE should expect better that this. And honestly, the restrictions and requirements put in on VA and NC have not had these issues. It is not hard to make things clear.

And I'll point out again.... The quarantine requirement for visitors previously was going to expire on July 1. Now it looks to be continuing past July 1.
The Governor's Executive Order No. 57 specifies:

A. Receive a recent negative test for COVID-19 in accordance with standards
established by Maine CDC and set forth in the Keep Maine Healthy Plan; or

B. Quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Maine. This quarantine requirement shall
be construed consistent with the quarantine guidance applied under Executive
Order 34 FY 19/20.

Unfortunately, the two documents referenced in paragraph A. (standards established by Maine CDC and Keep Maine Healthy Plan) directly conflict with one another. I agree 100% that everyone should expect better than this. She and the disgraced Dr. Shah have been making this up as they go.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:04 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,226,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiluver View Post
I've been watching the 2018 season of the Red Sox over again every night a game at a time. youtube had MLB Vault that shows just about any game of significance over the last 50 or so years. I'm thinking the 2020 season will not be. Every day there is a different story about who won't agree to what. I am a baseball nut, I don't like watching any other sports except Rugby.
Thanks for that site, I've been watching some 1969 and 1986 Mets. My how the game has changed.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:39 PM

3,689 posts, read 7,435,107 times
All states are doing that, it's more of a bookkeeping matter so they can access Federal resources.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:48 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,547,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Just shut the state for the summer! See ya in 2021
So sad
The state is not shut down. A summer neighbor arrived on Saturday. She called the health center in town, asked for a test, and is on her way to Calais right now to be tested. She'll get the results tomorrow or Saturday, and then she's free to move around the state. There's no law saying you must be tested before you enter the state. She stayed home until she left for her appointment this morning. Simple enough.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
The state is not shut down. A summer neighbor arrived on Saturday. She called the health center in town, asked for a test, and is on her way to Calais right now to be tested. She'll get the results tomorrow or Saturday, and then she's free to move around the state. There's no law saying you must be tested before you enter the state. She stayed home until she left for her appointment this morning. Simple enough.
No, this is not being understood. If you do not own a 2nd home, or do not have a friend or relative to let you stay, then IF you wish to abide by the rules, then you cannot stay anywhere in Maine, even while awaiting test results. Commercial lodging is closed to outsiders who do not attest to have a negative test from a sample taken less then 72 hours prior.

Now, if you are a scofflaw, then you can sign the attestation, and hope nobody ever asks you to produce your test results. But if you tolerate scofflaws, then eventually you end up with anarchy.

If you are from out of state, and don't have access to non-commercial lodging in Maine, then you have to get a test, IF you can. In many/most states of concern to Maine, testing is NOT wide open to anyone. You have to have a physician's order, or be over 65 to 70, etc.

So does anyone really expect visitor's to drive many for hours, or 1-2 days, and get tested in Maine? They still cannot legally stay in Maine in commercial lodging while waiting for the Maine test result!

This IS impractical for all but the fortunate few who have access to non-commercial lodging, and visitors without summer homes in Maine will stay away.... or lie. Government programs should never be setup to encourage citizens to lie or cheat; that is BAD government policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine