Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 04:39 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,133,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
Then, the school supplies...I can only remember a few crayola crayons..
School Bells Ringing, Children Singing(NOT!!!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfLfl_HtG8U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 06:09 PM

749 posts, read 419,212 times
Here, in Aurora, ME, 74F Degrees, Dew Point 54F Degrees, Winds WNW 9MPH, Clear and past the gloaming....

The Cricket Symphony was our playlist today, at Birch Meadows....with brief moments of Fledgling Blue Jays and Gold Finch calls to one another...The Grackles and Red-Winged Blackbirds have moved on and left the other birds with more food to forage....
Charlie, The Chipmunk was seen gorging himself under the bird feeder...We laughed every time he popped-up his bitty head, to verify his surroundings and the safety of his perimeter...
Mariah blew today and brought a thundershower and lightening...(just after I removed the washed clothes that were dry)...It rained hard and I placed buckets under the gutters to receive the precious water, and watched, in astonishment, as the Thunderclouds moved on and a clear, bright, day appeared...Thus, more laundry on the line...
I stood in the sunny Meadows (next to the clothesline), absorbing the warmth...deep down into my soul....
Sunset arrived and with it, the closing of the day, the drawing of the drapes and slumber calls...Farewell, Memorable Weekend!

Old 08-13-2017, 06:14 PM

Default Robert Hall!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
School Bells Ringing, Children Singing(NOT!!!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfLfl_HtG8U
I loved this add! Imagine - the wooden hangers! Thanks for sharing Sly Fox

Old 08-20-2017, 10:06 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,133,526 times
We never shopped at Robert Hall because both my parents were teachers, and the ads started sometime early in August. My father would freak out to hear this in the middle of his summer, and so refused to go there.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:09 PM

Default Parents and such..

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
We never shopped at Robert Hall because both my parents were teachers, and the ads started sometime early in August. My father would freak out to hear this in the middle of his summer, and so refused to go there.
Odd things our parents did...Appears as if you were NOT too late schmart (with both parents being teachers), however, growing older too soon is relative...I truly, for one, refuse to grow-up!

Old 08-20-2017, 05:33 PM

Currently, here in Aurora, ME, 74F Degrees, Dew Point 57F Degrees, Winds, WNW 10MPH...Clear and in the Golden Gloaming...

October seemed to settle into our souls this weekend...It rained on Saturday and the laundry was left overnight in hopes of a Sunny Sunday...During this time we turned on our propane heater for warmth in the early morning and a cup-o-hot chocolate was found cupped in our hands for warmth...
The mists of Sunday morn, gave way to a brilliant day and I breathed deeply of the ethereal scent still clinging on our laundry, left overnight,
as I folded and contentedly put it away...
Surely, our air-conditioner will find it's hum in tomorrow's 86F Degree weather, however, it will be for only two days, then the heat will relent and become much more reasonable..This is, the comfort zone at it's best, in Mid-Late August...Just hot enough for one to sigh and wipe the heat off their brow...cool enough in the evenings to sleep deep (with blankets)!
Ahhh...Downeast Maine!

Old 08-21-2017, 05:09 PM

Currently, here in Aurora, ME,....80F Degrees, Dew Point 64F Degrees, Wind West 9MPH..

While driving to work this morning, our hearts skipped a beat, (when we swerved to miss a fawn who was running towards the headlights down the middle of the road), as the realization of what experience we gratefully missed, sunk in!
We had our noses to the grindstone when the eclipse took place today, but was rewarded with a weather atmosphere (when we left work),which looked like the Willamette Valley in Oregon, during late August (when the farmers burned the the fields). I kept looking for the smoke cloud, but found none...Jon was told that the phenomenon, we were experiencing was called,"Sea Smoke," a mist that comes off the ocean! I've never heard or seen such a thing (and if you Mainers can explain such a thing to one from, "Away," we'd appreciate your insight)!

Last edited by NortheasternBound; 08-21-2017 at 05:26 PM..

Old 08-29-2017, 06:09 PM

Here, in Aurora, ME...68F Degrees, Dew Point 53F, Winds, NW 5 MPH.
Cloudy and a grey sunset dimmed....

Hurricane Harvey sent us into a spin - some of us into a tailspin...Those of us who've experienced a flood know...there can be hope and we cling to it until we find ourselves escaping onto one's roof and waiting for rescue...When hope is dashed...we persevere in a state of shock..a dullness...awaiting to be rescued..only to await to return...to begin again..
Everything seen is now covered with water! I can remember seeing ducks swimming up our street in Salem, Oregon, and not being surprised by the sight!
As one who was known as, "Spider Slayer, " I avoided a HUGE spider crawling up a sidewalk as I passed it by on our way to evacuate...
Stunned and shocked by trauma, we awaited our future...Would there actually be anything left untouched by the flood (the photos and albums kept on a top shelf in the entryway hall closet)..we had hope...I've seen very little in the media for those who still await Harvey's exit....Still, we stand and pray in hope for so many who have lost this priceless commodity...if only temporarily!

Old 09-02-2017, 07:37 PM

Currently here, in Aurora, ME, 57F Degrees, Dew Point, 47F Degrees, Winds North, 4 MPH....A lovely and mild, moon-lit night!

Startled by the sound of an ambulance going by so close, we set off by foot, to see if an immediate neighbor (within a 1/4 of a mile), was in trouble and was satisfied to discover all was well...We found ourselves returning through the lovely Blueberry Barrens during the gloaming...The sight was soothing and the fragrance of the dry soil upon which we tread, reminded us of evenings in Oregon, in late July (with the crickets calling).
We sighed as the bedding was removed from the clothesline, folded and placed in it's cabinet...Supper began, and so the fine evening at Birch Meadows drew us indoors!
Later, as I went to retrieve an item from our vehicle, I was awestruck at the beautiful moon-lit night tempting me to linger and view her elusive, silhouetted, shadow shapes!

Old 09-04-2017, 05:23 PM

Here at Aurora, ME, 71F Degrees, Dew Point 56F Degrees, Winds NNW 9 MPH...Lovely, clear evening...

Left laundry overnight on the line to allow the rain to soften our garments and towels...so satisfying to the touch! A continued bumper-crop of ripe and ripening tomatoes led us to share with our neighbors and prepare a bag for those at work...
The Dove and Blue Jays were engaged in a pecking order under our bird feeder..Surprisingly, the Doves won! The Blue Jays (fledglings, mind you), respectfully, approached the area under the bird feeders and flew when confronted!
Another weekend (and Holiday), finished....Hoping we won't have to work into Saturday because we had Monday off...It's hard not to have the two days off in a 50 hour work week! In the meantime, however, hoping you all had a wonderful time to carry you through till Friday Night...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine