Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 04:22 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexasEngineer View Post
How long does this heat usually last? We are leaving Houston because of the brutal 9 month long summers here.
Beauty about Maine is, it doesn't. Cold front pushing south so check out their temps now.. Cooled down to 60s and 70s but southern Maine still hasn't had the cold front pass through.

Don't get me wrong, if the pattern was sustained it could of lasted a lot longer but usually Maine doesn't get more than a few days in a row of 80s and 90s IN JUNE. In 2010 they had 5 days in a row.

Good luck on the move. I don't blame you. It's a big change actually weather wise. Are you ready for Maine winters???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 06:26 PM

749 posts, read 418,842 times
Here, in Aurora, ME, 72℉/22℃, Dew Point 53℉/11.67℃..Winds West 10MPH...
Clear and Beautiful......
Slumber beckons from a cool bedroom, where my beloved rests in repose, after a long day's work, led him to slumber....
The evening's glow is set upon the lush Meadows set before me (glimpsed through a framed, black-out set of drapes), as the setting sun casts it's farewell over all, in a fond embrace....
A momentary refreshment, touches my lips and words of gratitude, sigh...
Oh, to live and breath in such times as this...
To love...to hope..and be...
Who am I to be honored to comprehend!

Old 06-13-2017, 06:38 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,129,715 times
TV Weather says it was 88 in Bar harbor this afternoon.My car said it was 91. That ties the record from 1996.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:42 PM

Default Houston brutal summers

Quote:
How long does this heat usually last? We are leaving Houston because of the brutal 9 month long summers here.
If you are looking for a COOLER climate...you have found it....
We left Oregon's changing climate of RAINING ON EVERY PARADE YOU HAD OR COULD HAVE HOPED FOR ...which suited us just fine (I'm a Native), to 95 days above 85F, with 700 Wild Fires), in 2015..Summer
It was time to quit complaining and MOVE!
So, we did and were surprised that even if we have humid weather, it is short-lived...
The question is...have you considered our WINTERS???
Cause we loved the ice, snow, etc., that went with living in a Northern clime...
Ask the locals, here, about advice for Winter Preparations (because there are many), if you so desire to move here...!

Old 06-14-2017, 05:16 AM

Are you guys enjoying the benefits of a passing cold front? Lucky you guys in the 40s and 50s north of the Maine coast! Dews in the dry 30s.

Front taking forever getting through here. Warm 70s and muggy dews in the 60s

Old 06-15-2017, 03:34 AM

We will be in an UP & DOWN pattern next 7-10 days. Gets hot Sunday & Monday, then cools down Thursday, then warms up again next weekend.

I see some freezing temps this morning June 15th. What does 30s feel like in June?

Old 06-16-2017, 11:38 AM

221 posts, read 243,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
If you are looking for a COOLER climate...you have found it....
We left Oregon's changing climate of RAINING ON EVERY PARADE YOU HAD OR COULD HAVE HOPED FOR ...which suited us just fine (I'm a Native), to 95 days above 85F, with 700 Wild Fires), in 2015..Summer
It was time to quit complaining and MOVE!
So, we did and were surprised that even if we have humid weather, it is short-lived...
The question is...have you considered our WINTERS???
Cause we loved the ice, snow, etc., that went with living in a Northern clime...
Ask the locals, here, about advice for Winter Preparations (because there are many), if you so desire to move here...!

well we hate the heat in Houston. we regularly spend a small fortune on AC to keep our house around 65 degrees. this is no small feat for a home in Houston.

regardless if we are ready for yalls maine winters we will be learning as we go. Ive already accepted a job and now im looking at land to build a modular home on.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
well we hate the heat in Houston. we regularly spend a small fortune on AC to keep our house around 65 degrees. this is no small feat for a home in Houston.

regardless if we are ready for yalls maine winters we will be learning as we go. Ive already accepted a job and now im looking at land to build a modular home on.
Good luck on the move and job, hope everything works out. Stay tuned to this thread as we all update it regularly throughout the year. in fact, have you scrolled back to some winter posts this past winter to get maybe an idea what goes on? (not each winter is the same of course)

2pm map.

I'm in Jeans and almost a sweatshirt down here in CT.. lol
65°F here (12 below normal max)

Looks like rain and 50s in Maine today.

The 39° is Mt Washington at 6200'

Old 06-16-2017, 03:07 PM

Speaking of winter...

I think you should all know there's been big changes to some alerts. This will effect us come winter.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/weath...l#post48527322

Old 06-17-2017, 03:31 AM

Default Already moving

Quote:

Wow! Good for you! Looks like you made the right decision! You will love Maine! Please keep us informed about your progress!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine