Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2017, 06:41 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,701,288 times

Advertisements

Lots of lightning to my south, but not close enough to hear thunder yet. A big cell is moving toward Amherst and radar shows a hook shape. Heads up along the Airline.

Correction. It's here. Lots of cloud to cloud lightning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 06:33 PM

749 posts, read 419,475 times
Talking Thunderstorms a brewing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Lots of lightning to my south, but not close enough to hear thunder yet. A big cell is moving toward Amherst and radar shows a hook shape. Heads up along the Airline.

Correction. It's here. Lots of cloud to cloud lightning.
Thank you for the, "Heads-up," in our area! Surprisingly, we slept like the dead without any power outage!

Old 09-06-2017, 06:48 PM

Currently, here in Aurora ME, 65℉/18.3℃, Dew Point 63℉/17.2℃, Winds NE 6mph/9.66kph Gently Raining...

You know how it is! The garage is saying you need to replace such and such on your (only), new/used vehicle and your budget is screaming...So, you travel home in a state of silence (after a few necessary rants)...until you reach your evening -long destination (the reason why you currently commute so far away)...then, the realization embraces you that it is no longer a dream...no longer a selfie, no longer that wondrous place you have on your phone to show those at work who cannot comprehend the, "WHY."...It is real...it is, "Our Life," outside the craziness of this world in which we hope and dream...we call it, "Home!" Truly, every time we arrive at her doorstep, we sigh!
So, this evening is dedicated to all of us who live in our hopes and dreams and travel to a certain destination to make this complete!
Here's to us who's nose is smaller (because of the grindstone), Here's to the Hope that keeps us traveling to and fro...to the doorstep that leads us to joy!
Here's to us!

Old 09-10-2017, 10:51 AM

Currently, here in Aurora, ME, 63℉/17.22℃, Dew point 54℉/12.22℃, Winds 9mph/14.48410kph, Partly Sunny..

The sun greeted us this morning across a clear, blue sky and with a cup of dark brew in hand, we paused to enjoy the Birch Meadows out our windows..Golden showers of leaves carried on a gentle breeze, kissed and colored the grass, as the sun slid down the changing colors of trees across the meadows..A Swallow, perched in an empty clothesline, twittered (reminding us of the sudden Thundershowers yesterday and how I barely made it out to retrieve our bedding before it poured). Chipping Sparrows flitted around the bird feeders, while four Doves took their authoritative positions beneath, resting on their sides and enjoying the warmth...The Juvenile, Blue Jays' clinking calls, echoed across the meadows and could be heard from within, while they awaited their companions to join them before they descended to the bird feeders enforce!
A propane heater warmed the room, (taking off the chill and the need for the fluffy, fleece, bathrobe, hanging on the bathroom door). From this lovely, comfortable place, which soothes our souls and warms our Spirits, we sighed....
When Hurricane Harvey blew through and left a unimaginable flood, it brought back a reminder of what it was to survive a flood...I could hardly think, let alone write...Even though we saw much good result out of the peoples' spirits of community and help...it still was heart wrenching to watch...Now Hurricane Irma, is raging...we both prayed, again, before facing our screen to witness, from afar, the unfolding real-life drama, of our fellow Americans....with tears in our eyes!

Old 09-15-2017, 08:31 PM

Currently, here at Aurora, ME, 62F Degrees, Dew Point 61F Degrees, Winds NNE 3 MPH,
Clear and mellow!
Stepped outside this early morning onto the porch and paused, mouth gaping as I beheld with my bare naked eye, a clear sky...with The Crescent Moon blending so well with the Constellations that shone so brightly...I could have stayed forever and named all the ones in my region!
Bach's Violin Concerto drew me to our vehicle and Jon awaiting within...Our final day of the week began...
It was a difficult work-week and many journeys to and fro (aka - The Commute), but we arrived safely home to our Paradise..this Friday Night...To Live..Our Dream...to live and love another day and weekend at Birch Meadows Farm!

Last edited by NortheasternBound; 09-15-2017 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: Writers' whim

Old 09-16-2017, 03:45 PM

83,550 posts, read 75,428,957 times
Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well. Sorry been missing in action lately. I'll try to get more active when the weather turns cooler (I have more energy)

Hope you all are enjoying September so far.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:56 PM

Default We've been Missing you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well. Sorry been missing in action lately. I'll try to get more active when the weather turns cooler (I have more energy)

Hope you all are enjoying September so far.
Hey, Cambium! Thankful you stopped by! Looking forward to the cooler weather too!

Old 09-17-2017, 07:09 PM

Currently, Here at Aurora, ME...67F Degrees, Dew Point 63F Degrees, Winds NNE 6MPH, Clear....
One of the advantages of living in the country is one can scream and walk-out their frustrations without their neighbors calling 911!
The Laptop (which is our lifeline to friends and family since we are so isolated and my means of self-expression), decided to become temperamental (of course, after a Windows 10 Update) and die...Could not reboot...I'd have to take it in to be repaired (and this before a weekly writing and an upcoming week's vacation)!
You can imagine the language, the rants (of a writer suppressed), the tirades, the STOMPING...only to lead me to the far-side of the upper, Beaver Pond (whose parents I found calmly swimming in front of me)! How could they be so calm? I ranted and sometimes-screamed across the Meadows until I arrived at the door-step of their home!
I felt like a heel...how could I go screaming across the Meadows and arrive at a place where it was tranquil...where the Beavers were raising their young and swimming calmly in front of me in a, "Figure Eight," pattern! My frustrations began to dissolve and I was immediately calmed as I continued to watch these two parents swim in front of me! You see, last year we barely approached them and they slapped the water and fled with their young....
I slowly returned across the Meadows and entered the shed and our home....I heard a still, small voice tell me to pick-up the the Laptop and turn it on again......As I did so, everything was all right...The problem was resolved..
Here's to those frustrations that lead us to a deeper understanding of where we are and who we are...Here's to those frustrations that lead us to hold onto Hope and (though anger may rise) rest in Joy! Here's to those parents who are steadfast in the storm of life and calm others with their presence!

Old 09-24-2017, 12:11 PM

83,550 posts, read 75,428,957 times
Well... you guys know whats around the corner... This coming weekend things change towards that (not sure how long it lasts though)

For now... Enjoy Summer again..

2pm Temps. Summer out there. Dews in the 60s.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:21 PM

Currently, at Aurora, ME, 84F, Dew Point 64F, Winds WNW 4MPH, Clear and sultry!

Survived the breakdown of our vehicle last Wednesday on Route 9 (and it's towing and the journey to find a rental, until it's out of the shop! Also, survived the breakdown of my laptop on the same day...They are both in the shop...It seems more likely that our vehicle will run again, than the Laptop (especially when the Geek said it would be easier to replace it..duh)! Found a creative way to write again (since the Geek said it would be ten days before he could look at our laptop), by purchasing a Galaxy Tablet and a Zagg Limitless (full-size, Multi-Divice), wireless keyboard!!! No one seemed to have empathy or compassion for a writer tossed into a world without a keyboard! I knew it was bad when I found myself standing in front of used Computer/Typewriter storefont....longlingly gazing at a manual typewriter in the window!
So, during this past, crazy week, we both held on to the fact we had a week-off of work to live, love and recoop from this craziness! Please join us as we share these experiences..wrapped-up in this Weather Forum...Because we all know how the weather, cold or hot effects us and our lives!
STILL living my dreams!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine