Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2017, 01:23 PM

83,556 posts, read 75,454,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
Currently, at Aurora, ME, 84F, Dew Point 64F, Winds WNW 4MPH, Clear and sultry!

Survived the breakdown of our vehicle last Wednesday on Route 9 (and it's towing and the journey to find a rental, until it's out of the shop! Also, survived the breakdown of my laptop on the same day...They are both in the shop...It seems more likely that our vehicle will run again, than the Laptop (especially when the Geek said it would be easier to replace it..duh)! Found a creative way to write again (since the Geek said it would be ten days before he could look at our laptop), by purchasing a Galaxy Tablet and a Zagg Limitless (full-size, Multi-Divice), wireless keyboard!!! No one seemed to have empathy or compassion for a writer tossed into a world without a keyboard! I knew it was bad when I found myself standing in front of used Computer/Typewriter storefont....longlingly gazing at a manual typewriter in the window!
So, during this past, crazy week, we both held on to the fact we had a week-off of work to live, love and recoop from this craziness! Please join us as we share these experiences..wrapped-up in this Weather Forum...Because we all know how the weather, cold or hot effects us and our lives!
STILL living my dreams!
Sorry to hear about all that and I'm sorry to say this again... It's ridiculous outside again today. I had enough now. I miss the record cold 1 week of September we had.

3pm Heat Index Values

Feels like mid 90s in Northern Vermont and 90s in Maine and New England.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 02:48 PM

Most consecutive number of 80s this late.. I think 1 more tomorrow?

https://twitter.com/NWSCaribou/statu...92768055627777

Old 09-25-2017, 07:51 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,914,654 times
Yes, another hot one tomorrow. We have had a fantastic summer and early fall in The County.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:39 AM

749 posts, read 419,733 times
Default Sweltering Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Most consecutive number of 80s this late.. I think 1 more tomorrow?

https://twitter.com/NWSCaribou/statu...92768055627777
Hey, Cambium! Thanks for the empathy - can imagine what you would do if your computer crashed and you were unable to engage with others about this weather (especially with this heat) LOL!

We're thankful we're NOT working in the Bakery this week - it would be brutal! We've had our aic in the bedroom going all day and into the night - looks like today will be the same, except hotter.

Our tomato plants are still producing a bumper crop - was a little late in watering them yesterday and they went into ripening mode!

Lovely weather for the laundry, though! Will probably wash all the blankets (the fleece ones) and hang on the line!

Old 09-27-2017, 06:54 PM

605 posts, read 627,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Yes, another hot one tomorrow. We have had a fantastic summer and early fall in The County.
Can you please define "fantastic summer"? I've been wondering more and more what summer is like in northern Maine because the rest of New England was beastly hot and humid this year.

I don't understand when they say on the radio, "Hope you're enjoying the beautiful summer weather today." I'm thinking, uh, no, it's 95 degrees outside and I'm not enjoying it. Somehow "sunny" gets equated with "beautiful" even though it's so hot you can't go outside.

I was at Cabela's today and the cashier said exactly that: "Hope you enjoy this beautiful weather we're having." I went out in the parking lot and the heat just about knocked me over.

So what exactly is a "fantastic summer in the County"?

Old 09-27-2017, 08:45 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,914,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Standing View Post
Can you please define "fantastic summer"? I've been wondering more and more what summer is like in northern Maine because the rest of New England was beastly hot and humid this year.

I don't understand when they say on the radio, "Hope you're enjoying the beautiful summer weather today." I'm thinking, uh, no, it's 95 degrees outside and I'm not enjoying it. Somehow "sunny" gets equated with "beautiful" even though it's so hot you can't go outside.

I was at Cabela's today and the cashier said exactly that: "Hope you enjoy this beautiful weather we're having." I went out in the parking lot and the heat just about knocked me over.

So what exactly is a "fantastic summer in the County"?
I agree---I can't stand the heat. I live in the right place! We have had no days in the 90s this year (rarely get more than one or two), and only a handful in the upper 80s. Our hot stretches rarely last longer than a couple days. Our humidity is rarely bad.
It HAS been somewhat dry, but most of the farmers have irrigation.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:35 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,707,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
Lovely weather for the laundry, though! Will probably wash all the blankets (the fleece ones) and hang on the line!
Now you're making me jealous. Photo and accompanying poem, please

Old 09-28-2017, 09:40 AM

217 posts, read 200,335 times
Phew! What a glorious day today! I put off mowing the lawn until after the heat spell and it's taking me forever. I'm actually enjoying it in this weather!

Old 09-28-2017, 07:22 PM

Did you guys feel the air mass change. Awesome day. Dewpoints in the 30s & 40s during the day! (Low humidity)

https://twitter.com/NWSCaribou/statu...82004351643649

Old 09-29-2017, 10:02 AM

749 posts, read 419,733 times
Default Photos & Poem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Now you're making me jealous. Photo and accompanying poem, please
Would love to share some photos, however, they went with my laptop to the repair shop.....Also, I haven't discovered how to download photos on this yet....I have some real stunners of all the Seasons here at Birch Meadows Farm!.

As far as poetry....
Well, one can only imagine inhaling the fresh scent of clean, country air (with a hint of lavender), gently enveloping one's senses and calming one's soul as slumber caresses our brow and we enter into a wonderland of dreams....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine