Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 11:57 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,094,534 times

Advertisements

Chilly here too, in the 50s for the last few days. Might have to fire up the woodstove too, to get the temp up high enough to extract honey...and on that note, the Goldenrod is forming buds already, which means it may bloom much earlier than usual this year- I'm going to have to scramble to get enough supers ready to handle the flow, and then I'll have to feed the bees right through the Fall so that they'll have enough honey to make it through the Winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 06:18 PM

749 posts, read 420,009 times
Default Almost a Birrrr!

I understand about having to start a fire...I just had one of those moments...soap on your face and body...just ready to rinse and.....NO water! Appears as if water pump is out! Had something that may have looked like a tantrum...okay...I had a tantrum! Rinsed with COLD water (and yes, I'm thankful we had bottled water and I had already rinsed the shampoo out of my hair and this didn't happen in winter), while shivering (our high was 63F degrees today)!
Thankful the electricity was on, had heat and propane to warm additional water...
So, be thankful for those simple things like the rinse after the lather! LOL!

Old 07-12-2016, 06:26 PM

749 posts, read 420,009 times
Default Such Beauty!

Watching an Evening Shower lift her translucent, skirt across the meadows (and our newly fertilized garden), .. How lovely are the buckles upon her glistening feet, that tread so lightly upon the verdant grass...Her twinkling eyes, dazzell me, as she peeks through the branches of a Birch Tree and embraces me with a rainbow!
As quickly as she arrived, she is gone ...Dancing upon another's land and bringing them delight (with only a memory of mist arising from her path)!
Such are our Summer Shower experiences in Aurora, Maine

Old 07-14-2016, 03:37 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,709,803 times
In 1976 we were on a canoe trip on the St John River. A savage line storm came through and many trees blew down. Our tent blew into the woods with us IN IT! It was a wild night, but it was over in 20 minutes.Many trees blew down, one right where our tent had been.

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mo...inmaSIRNH_.gif

The following day a party caught up with us on the river and said, What happened? There were many trees down IN the river above us. We had gone in to BakerLake by float plane as had the party a day behind us. The were in a hurry. We wanted to fish.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:45 PM

2,045 posts, read 3,360,579 times
I like this thread... in the Summer.

It's feeling like 103-107 today in Southern NJ - 93 with high humidity. I cant stand it, and neither can my health. I cant step out onto the deck, even to water the plants.

Hopefully one more Summer here and that's IT...

Old 07-14-2016, 07:05 PM

810 posts, read 853,382 times
Beautiful here in Portland, OR sunny blue skies about 82 and not too humid about 39%

juat checked weather.com looks like some severe weather moving through parts of Maine

Old 07-15-2016, 09:28 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,744,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
I like this thread... in the Summer.

It's feeling like 103-107 today in Southern NJ - 93 with high humidity. I cant stand it, and neither can my health. I cant step out onto the deck, even to water the plants.

Hopefully one more Summer here and that's IT...
Ouch! I just moved from NJ to WA in late spring. Glad I missed the summer there lol. It has basically been in the 60s and 70s here for the most part. Such a relief from those hot humid summers. Last year was brutal there. Has it been worse this year?

Old 07-15-2016, 08:19 PM

2,045 posts, read 3,360,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
Ouch! I just moved from NJ to WA in late spring. Glad I missed the summer there lol. It has basically been in the 60s and 70s here for the most part. Such a relief from those hot humid summers. Last year was brutal there. Has it been worse this year?
Not necessarily "worse," we always seem to have a few of the 90s and humid days (as you know) - the ones that feel like 105 and above! I cant breathe outdoors during those. The worse Summers are the ones with the most of those days lol. I think we are in are official 3rd heatwave, but for the next 7 days i think the temps said the highs would be 88-93 each day. With humidity. So i guess yes, it's a pretty bad Summer here. Most are, to me! I cannot wait to leave.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:26 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,138,938 times
It was 87 in the shade out in the country in Bar Harbor today. I suspect in town(in the village) it was over 90.

Supposed to be a high of 72 tomorrow. I put the air on in the car when the temps get above 75.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:16 PM

83,564 posts, read 75,484,590 times
How's your summer going so far guys... Can't wait for Fall. Almost there.

For those of you on twitter... Here's a long list of recommended people I follow..

https://www.city-data.com/forum/weath...her-feeds.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine