Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 05:49 AM

83,563 posts, read 75,484,590 times

Advertisements

Cant believe I picked these record cold days to be here in June. Todays high in low 50s which is near or record cold for the day. Dropped to 41° this morning and just cloudied up. Here comes the rain in few hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 01:09 PM

Rainy, Raw, and 40s. Was out over the water with a storm on the way. Waters were choppy

I got so tired of winter I actually found it again. I'm in the coldest area of the country. lol

Old 06-04-2018, 03:53 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,916,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Rainy, Raw, and 40s. Was out over the water with a storm on the way. Waters were choppy

I got so tired of winter I actually found it again. I'm in the coldest area of the country. lol
Dang!! Its mid-50s up here and that feels cold enough.
The cold of the ocean adds an extra chill.......it used to cut me to the bone when I lived there.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:31 PM

Didnt pass mid 40s here today and rain got heavier in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Dang!! Its mid-50s up here and that feels cold enough.
The cold of the ocean adds an extra chill.......it used to cut me to the bone when I lived there.
Yeah, that wind was cutting for sure and made me forget it was June. Wait, did I say that wrong? Lol.

Walked downtown and everyone was walking with umbrellas and hoodies on. Nasty evening.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:26 PM

42° at 10pm and drizzling. Feels like 37°F with the wind. Nuts

BHB reporting 1/4" precip so far today.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:36 AM

35 posts, read 36,681 times
Does summer actually happen here? It's June and I'm still waiting. I knew winters were bad here, but this is ridiculous. This place is gross.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:53 AM

12,544 posts, read 9,633,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Do you have any layers with you? If you get a nice zipup fleece top with a collar and a light/breathable/hooded rain jacket (doesn't need to be a high end parka), you'll be fine in a chill and/or moderate rain. There's an LL Bean outlet between Bar Harbor and Ellsworth, and some kind of outdoors outfitter right in Bar Harbor (I forget the name tho).

Old 06-05-2018, 01:55 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,501,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmith2 View Post
Does summer actually happen here? It's June and I'm still waiting. I knew winters were bad here, but this is ridiculous. This place is gross.
This place is magnificent.

But thanks for reminding me why I moved up here - low population density, because people made soft by continuous climate control, will move to someplace warmer.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmith2 View Post

This is BELOW NORMAL. Normal is warmer than what's happening past couple days. Should warm into the 70s by weekend which would of been nice to have while I was there. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Do you have any layers with you? If you get a nice zipup fleece top with a collar and a light/breathable/hooded rain jacket (doesn't need to be a high end parka), you'll be fine in a chill and/or moderate rain. There's an LL Bean outlet between Bar Harbor and Ellsworth, and some kind of outdoors outfitter right in Bar Harbor (I forget the name tho).

Yeah, I packed a jacket and a fleece because I was watching the forecast and models. I knew I'd need them. Even brought an umbrella with me. lol.

I'm back in CT now. 60s and not humid. Perfect. I'll take winter November to March but in June, 40s? No thanks. I don't want 80s either.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:51 PM

I see why this is record cold and not usual for June..

The orange lines are the upper level pattern.. There is an Upper Level Low over Quebec & Northern Maine which is not only causing the instability showers everywhere in the Northeast, but the cold air as well... especially at the coast. It's bascially a Cold Pool of Air rotating above us keeping the surface cool.

5:30pmEST map

Here's a look at the rest of the country... Jet stream pushing north in central U.S, not Eastern US this week. Once that Upper Low in Quebec leaves, New England will warm up.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine