Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2018, 04:41 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,709,803 times

Advertisements

jonesg,

You know how to cut metal roofing, right? You take an old saw blade and put it on your skil saw backwards. Wear eye and ear protection. This is LOUD. Set your saw blade so it only protrudes about a half to 3/4 inch. Just cut the metal with the good side down. That way, the molten metal edge will be on the bottom of your piece. After you make your cut, just run your disc grinder along the bottom edge vary lightly to take the ragged lip off.

Maybe you already have your last piece on, but this easy way may help somebody else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 07:36 AM

83,562 posts, read 75,484,590 times
You guys ready for the heat and humidity today and tomorrow?

Check this out.. gonna be 90s and super muggy (dew points in 70s) but 20 miles away temps in the 50s.

https://twitter.com/JackSillin/statu...03136434507776

Old 06-17-2018, 08:12 AM

Default June 12 Frost

At sunrise Tuesday, we had a hard frost. I drew the word, "FROST" on my ATV cover with my fingernail. This is my first ever photo on CD. I needed the assistance of our family computer expert to load it.
Attached Thumbnails
Maine weather thread-img_4566.jpg  

Old 06-17-2018, 06:04 PM

749 posts, read 420,009 times
Currently here in Aurora, ME...64F Degrees, Dew Point 48F Degrees, Winds Sourth 10 MPH...
I know it's been a long time since I've posted...Much has happened...so little time...Hands hurting..Surgery on Tuesday...
It's okay..It means time-off...Will have to learn to type (though not doing much ), without using my right thumb..and then, left thumb...LOL!
So, the vegtable garden is planted and much of the flowerbeds...All that is required is water and feeding...and it won't require more than a hand to do so...
Such beauty across the Birch Meadows..The songs of the Sparrows embrace and comfort me throughout this time......
Thankful for the time after my surgeries to recover here at Birch Meadows....

Old 06-21-2018, 03:21 PM

Currently here at Aurora, ME, 74F Degrees, Dew Point 44F Degrees...Clear blue skies and a breeze (9mph), from the North...
Managed to water the flower beds and vegtable garden yesterday with left hand and right hand in a sling...Came up from the vegtable garden to be greeted by Sammy (a baby Squirrel) and Charlie (a baby Chipmunk)! Sammy was sitting in MY porch chair just chilling, while Charlie was flitting about looking for another hand-full of seed! I told Sammy, he was not welcome (since we all know how Squirrels have a tendency to dig and chew wires), but he ignored me and scurried over to the bucket of water (left out with a stick in it (so Chipmunks would not fall in and drown), took a sip of water and returned to my chair!
It felt sultry last night (believe our low was around 61F), kept kicking-off the few covers and pulling them up again..
Checked on the flower beds this morning...only to be peturbed by Sammy! Sure enough, the bedding flowers I had planted last weekend were dug-up and begging for water!
Charlie returned this morning to greet me and was rewarded by another hand-full of seeds (which he carefully stored in the crook of the old Rock Maple).
Haven't seen Sammy...(Though last night he got up on antoher set of chairs on the front porch and peeked in the kitchen window)
..So goes the tails/tales of Sammy & Charlie at Birch Meadows Farm!.

Last edited by NortheasternBound; 06-21-2018 at 03:40 PM..

Old 06-21-2018, 04:15 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,709,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
Currently here at Aurora, ME, 74F Degrees, Dew Point 44F Degrees...Clear blue skies and a breeze (9mph), from the North...
Managed to water the flower beds and vegtable garden yesterday with left hand and right hand in a sling...Came up from the vegtable garden to be greeted by Sammy (a baby Squirrel) and Charlie (a baby Chipmunk)! Sammy was sitting in MY porch chair just chilling, while Charlie was flitting about looking for another hand-full of seed! I told Sammy, he was not welcome (since we all know how Squirrels have a tendency to dig and chew wires), but he ignored me and scurried over to the bucket of water (left out with a stick in it (so Chipmunks would not fall in and drown), took a sip of water and returned to my chair!
It felt sultry last night (believe our low was around 61F), kept kicking-off the few covers and pulling them up again..
Checked on the flower beds this morning...only to be peturbed by Sammy! Sure enough, the bedding flowers I had planted last weekend were dug-up and begging for water!
Charlie returned this morning to greet me and was rewarded by another hand-full of seeds (which he carefully stored in the crook of the old Rock Maple).
Haven't seen Sammy...(Though last night he got up on antoher set of chairs on the front porch and peeked in the kitchen window)
..So goes the tails/tales of Sammy & Charlie at Birch Meadows Farm!.
61 and sultry?

Tell me the A/C units aren't running yet!

Old 06-21-2018, 05:54 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,071,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
jonesg,

You know how to cut metal roofing, right? You take an old saw blade and put it on your skil saw backwards. Wear eye and ear protection. This is LOUD. Set your saw blade so it only protrudes about a half to 3/4 inch. Just cut the metal with the good side down. That way, the molten metal edge will be on the bottom of your piece. After you make your cut, just run your disc grinder along the bottom edge vary lightly to take the ragged lip off.

Maybe you already have your last piece on, but this easy way may help somebody else.
Yeh ive read that, i used a diamond
Cutoff disk on my grinder, defeaning!
But it works good.
Took advantage of a gorgeous day and got it almost completely done.
Just needs the roof cap and a peice of trim.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
61 and sultry?

Tell me the A/C units aren't running yet!
Hehehe! Haven't put in the Airconditioner yet! A must this weekend!

Old 06-21-2018, 09:08 PM

87 posts, read 79,727 times
I am looking forward to our move to the county this summer. Our summer here in the high desert of California just started. It was our last day of vacation bible school at my church and it was a blast furnace. Sun was sweltering, hot wind, 109 in the shade.

The funny thing was, our VBS was about Daniel, with much mention of his 3 friends getting thrown into the furnace- then we had a minor blast furnace day today, lol.

Old 06-22-2018, 03:35 AM

On the 12th we had a heavy frost. Yesterday it hit 82 degrees. Bam! Summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine