Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 05:30 AM

749 posts, read 419,945 times

Advertisements

Currently, here in Aurora, ME 30F Degrees, Dew Point 28F Degrees, Winds NE, 19MPH, Whiteout conditions past 75'
Dawn broke this morning to reveal a couple inches of snow accumulation and an increase in the wind..We now have about 3 1/2" of snow on the ground and accumulating fast!
Purchased more suet for the birds and refilled their feedings stations...Had to interrupt their feeding (they didn't want to leave and reluctantly, flew to a nearby branch)! The Bluejays came in to feed an hour later..
The Bakery closed for today and we're not working on Friday this week (due to it being the slow time of the year)..
Hoping all will get to their destinations safely today and tonight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 07:20 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,708,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
Currently, here in Aurora, ME 30F Degrees, Dew Point 28F Degrees, Winds NE, 19MPH, Whiteout conditions past 75'
Dawn broke this morning to reveal a couple inches of snow accumulation and an increase in the wind..We now have about 3 1/2" of snow on the ground and accumulating fast!
Purchased more suet for the birds and refilled their feedings stations...Had to interrupt their feeding (they didn't want to leave and reluctantly, flew to a nearby branch)! The Bluejays came in to feed an hour later..
The Bakery closed for today and we're not working on Friday this week (due to it being the slow time of the year)..
Hoping all will get to their destinations safely today and tonight!
More time for poetry. I must have missed this, but you own a bakery? Do tell and I'll make sure to load up on goodies when I'm in the area in a few weeks.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:05 PM

83,562 posts, read 75,484,590 times
10:30am-2:30pm loop... Still producing and spinning but looks like dry air getting into it and stopped across many areas of Maine or at least a break from it for now.

I'm seeing 8-14" of snow fell even down to the coast.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:02 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,709,803 times
At 6 AM we had 4 1/4 inches. At 8:30 AM we had 9 inches. We got nearly 5 inches in 2 1/2 hours or two inches an hour. Now at 4 PM we have about 13 inches down with some heavy bands coming. Radar indicates it may stop in a few hours.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:19 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,916,728 times
Landed in Boston yesterday at 1:30, just after the rain and wind started. Somebody said we were one of the last flights allowed to land. Our next flight North to Presque Isle had actually been cancelled Wednesday evening (which seemed a bit nuts). The wind in Boston was ferocious last night and the rain turned to snow. We are now sitting at Logan after the flight at 1:00 this afternoon was cancelled due to heavy snow in PI. Not sure if we will make it home today or if it will be another night in Boston.

Old 03-10-2018, 01:25 AM

337 posts, read 430,791 times
Hi all.

My wife and I are ensconced here snug as bugs in Ogunquit just to spend a long weekend in snowy Maine. It's gorgeous up here and the roads are nice and clean. We had a number of squalls come through one after another so it was holiday-like with the big fluffy flakes coming down for hours. i killed a couple of lobsters along with a dark beer just because for dinner at a new restaurant right on the beach. Tomorrow we will enjoy opening night at 'Walkers" right on Rt 1 as the begin their new place. It's sold out and there is no menu posted. Should be exciting. Also meeting with a realtor to begin our hunt in earnest for new digs once our home sells in CT.

Weather? Who cares about it! LOL It's Maine in the winter for goodness sakes!

Old 03-10-2018, 05:47 AM

Snowfall totals from this past storm. I added all the Climate Site Airports on there.

Portland Maine with 17"?! WOW
Bangor: 10.6"
Caribou: 11.9"

Old 03-10-2018, 05:48 AM

Here's another map from NWS Gray

https://twitter.com/NWSGray/status/972163074496040960

Old 03-10-2018, 05:50 AM

Don't forget, you can see all reports with the PIS (Public Information Statement)

NWS Caribou coverage area

NWS Gray coverage area

Old 03-10-2018, 09:37 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,916,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Landed in Boston yesterday at 1:30, just after the rain and wind started. Somebody said we were one of the last flights allowed to land. Our next flight North to Presque Isle had actually been cancelled Wednesday evening (which seemed a bit nuts). The wind in Boston was ferocious last night and the rain turned to snow. We are now sitting at Logan after the flight at 1:00 this afternoon was cancelled due to heavy snow in PI. Not sure if we will make it home today or if it will be another night in Boston.
So they cancelled our flight out of Boston to PI which was scheduled for Wednesday afternoon, when it was just starting to get a bit rainy and windy in Boston (they actually cancelled it a full 17 hours before its scheduled departure, which seemed a bit bizarre). Skies were sunny and clear in PI.
We waited and waited....and guess when they finally sent us: Thursday evening, after the storm had passed in Boston, but it was almost a blizzard in PI! Landing there was a bit interesting, let's just say.

Do they have any idea what they're doing??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine