Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2018, 03:52 PM

321 posts, read 487,307 times

Advertisements

As of right now, the forecasted high for Wednesday in Bradley (north of Bangor) where I live is 66. If we get to 66 on February 21, I’m guessing we’ll break a record or be pretty close to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 08:59 AM

83,542 posts, read 75,390,209 times
Caribou has 99.8" of snow so far.
Bangor has 74.5"
Portland had 54.6"
All already above the entire season average

https://twitter.com/RyanBretonWX/sta...06696851779584

Old 02-21-2018, 06:19 PM

133 posts, read 135,818 times
I got down to Popham Beach State Park today to enjoy the high temps, about 59 there. A lot of other people had the same idea and there were probably 50 cars parked outside the gates. It felt so relaxing to take a long pleasant walk in the warm sun there in February. What a treat.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:30 PM

217 posts, read 200,098 times
Early to forecast with any certainty, but a little birdie told me to keep an eye on the end of this week, potential for a big snow bomb. I’m sure Cambium will have an update when it’s not so far off.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:51 PM

749 posts, read 419,308 times
Currently here in Aurora, ME 30F Degrees, Dew Point 30F Debrees, Winds East 8mph, accumulation of around an inch, spitting a bit of snow right now.
Purchased hope today in the form of flower seeds..Forget-Me-Nots, Candytuft, and of course the Giant, Violet Queen Zinnas. I gaze upon these packages and long for the time to plant them indoors...I've been searching for the potted Blue Hyacinths in the store, to bring home and place in my windowsills (and later plant them in the ground)! Their fragance is nostalgic and heady and their color soothes my soul.
Another long (had our first, three-day), weekend almost over...
Reluctantly, I pull the drapes close, finish my Hot Toddy and bid you a goodnight!

Old 02-26-2018, 07:42 PM

304 posts, read 397,560 times
Default Sooo, WHAT is going on with our quote on quote Maine Winter...

Hi Group,

As many of you know, I recently moved from Connecticut to Maine.

One of my 'Maine' reasons has always been, for MORE of Winter.
I Love Cold, I especially Love SNOW, the early sunsets and lower light angle, Ice skating, sledding, tobogganing, skiing, shoveling snow (well, call it 'adult playing in the Snow' time).
(I'm trying to upload some photos of myself next to my trucks' new vanity plate, which reads 'Go - Snow', but I can't get them to 'attach' after choosing them, and uploading them).
I'll figure it out later.

Tonight on the CH 8 Weather report he said that it was the "three-hundred and somethingith" Month, with above normal temperatures.
I'll catch the exact number at 11:00 news & weather.

They also said CO 2 has been markedly increasing, and the Weather Channel reported that both Arctic and Antarctic sea ice was also lower.

Are we doomed to end up like Mars, someday or what?

- (I'm gonna start packing again I think...).

I hope this isn't he End of Winter up here.

I've [secretly] have actually been waiting for another REAL Butt kickin' Olde Fashioned Nor'Easter/Blizzard, similar to the Great Blizzard of 1979 or the Super Storm of 1993 (wasn't it)?

We had four foot snow drifts, from 34" of snow, and '79 Closed the State of CT.
It was Cool, I skied down my local roads, down suburban hill-roads, X-Country skied [with Alpine Skies/boots, unbuckled the top three] over a four mile long frozen Pinewood Lake, Trumbull, CT, then skied back home.

It took myself, and late Mom & Dad three days to dig out out driveway and walks, and had 6' piles of show from where we tossed it after shoveling.

Ahhh, the 'Good Ole Days.

(Ya, now you know I'm nutts right)?

- I know, maybe I'll head due North of Maine, to the Labrador Peninsula, at the Northern most tip of Newfoundland and Labrador, to beautiful looking Torngat National Park.
'Must be cool enough up there, eh?

Maybe I can get a pet Penguin or Puffer bird.

Well, just wondering about all of the Epic 'Maine Winters I've heard about'.

Have a good Spring out there...

irv, in sunny, tropical peru - - - breakin' out the suntan lotion folks.

Lemonaide or Iced Tea, anyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Maine weather thread-019_06.jpg   Maine weather thread-015_10.jpg   Maine weather thread-014_11.jpg   Maine weather thread-004_21.jpg   Maine weather thread-003_22.jpg  

Old 02-26-2018, 07:46 PM

304 posts, read 397,560 times
Ohhhh,

This was the first time that I ever tried to include photos in a Post, and didn't know that they would load, after sending it. I didn't see them anywhere on the original.

So, it IS true, we DO learn something New everyday!

The Peruivian

Old 02-27-2018, 08:03 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,703,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT2MEwoodnutt View Post
Ohhhh,

This was the first time that I ever tried to include photos in a Post, and didn't know that they would load, after sending it. I didn't see them anywhere on the original.

So, it IS true, we DO learn something New everyday!

The Peruivian
Love the photos. I think odds are 2 to 1 that you'll get one more good snow before the Winter is over..

Old 02-27-2018, 05:18 PM

749 posts, read 419,308 times
Default Recent move to Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT2MEwoodnutt View Post
Hi Group,

As many of you know, I recently moved from Connecticut to Maine.

One of my 'Maine' reasons has always been, for MORE of Winter.
I Love Cold, I especially Love SNOW, the early sunsets and lower light angle, Ice skating, sledding, tobogganing, skiing, shoveling snow (well, call it 'adult playing in the Snow' time).
(I'm trying to upload some photos of myself next to my trucks' new vanity plate, which reads 'Go - Snow', but I can't get them to 'attach' after choosing them, and uploading them).
I'll figure it out later.

Tonight on the CH 8 Weather report he said that it was the "three-hundred and somethingith" Month, with above normal temperatures.
I'll catch the exact number at 11:00 news & weather.

They also said CO 2 has been markedly increasing, and the Weather Channel reported that both Arctic and Antarctic sea ice was also lower.

Are we doomed to end up like Mars, someday or what?

- (I'm gonna start packing again I think...).

I hope this isn't he End of Winter up here.

I've [secretly] have actually been waiting for another REAL Butt kickin' Olde Fashioned Nor'Easter/Blizzard, similar to the Great Blizzard of 1979 or the Super Storm of 1993 (wasn't it)?

We had four foot snow drifts, from 34" of snow, and '79 Closed the State of CT.
It was Cool, I skied down my local roads, down suburban hill-roads, X-Country skied [with Alpine Skies/boots, unbuckled the top three] over a four mile long frozen Pinewood Lake, Trumbull, CT, then skied back home.

It took myself, and late Mom & Dad three days to dig out out driveway and walks, and had 6' piles of show from where we tossed it after shoveling.

Ahhh, the 'Good Ole Days.

(Ya, now you know I'm nutts right)?

- I know, maybe I'll head due North of Maine, to the Labrador Peninsula, at the Northern most tip of Newfoundland and Labrador, to beautiful looking Torngat National Park.
'Must be cool enough up there, eh?

Maybe I can get a pet Penguin or Puffer bird.

Well, just wondering about all of the Epic 'Maine Winters I've heard about'.

Have a good Spring out there...

irv, in sunny, tropical peru - - - breakin' out the suntan lotion folks.

Lemonaide or Iced Tea, anyone.
Welcome to Maine! We moved to Maine for many of the same reasons! Always have loved Winter and knew we could expect a change (Winter 2014/2015 was a Wowser)! I'm not sure about another BIG Snow Storm (seems like Winter began a little early llast year and may end sooner than expected.....Guess we shall see! In the meantime, it's wonderful to sit by a fire and dream of next Winter looking al all the sales! LOL!

Old 03-01-2018, 04:32 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,067,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
Welcome to Maine! We moved to Maine for many of the same reasons! Always have loved Winter and knew we could expect a change (Winter 2014/2015 was a Wowser)! I'm not sure about another BIG Snow Storm (seems like Winter began a little early llast year and may end sooner than expected.....Guess we shall see! In the meantime, it's wonderful to sit by a fire and dream of next Winter looking al all the sales! LOL!
I was in houlton Wal-Mart, they've got summer clothes on the display racks already.
Summer is here !
Meanwhile its snowin here in island falls today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine