Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe whoever wins Nov 4 a big difference is immediate for us down the "food chain?&am
Yes, if Obama wins 6 46.15%
Yes, if McCain wins 2 15.38%
No, regardless of who wins 5 38.46%
No, only if justice is renewed by us 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 06:43 AM

560 posts, read 2,188,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Aqua---

I am going to MI on Friday the 19th. My dog will not be coming back. We have almost a full five gallon bucket of dog food that we will not want to transport back. We will probably just put some in a gallon baggie. If your dogs (maybe the Yorkies, cuz it is Purina Little Bites, we have a Lhasa. I don't know what Iggies are) will eat it, you are welcome to it.

I know everyone feeds their dogs different things and it is dry food. Up to you. Let me know if you can use it.
Kimba, what's up with the dog? I am so sad for you!!

Old 12-14-2008, 03:59 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,950,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kingsinvegas View Post
Kimba, what's up with the dog? I am so sad for you!!

Well, it would be easier if I was parting with the dog, but unfortunately, I will be going back to MI for a while to take care of stuff there, so I will parting with my husband.

Long story short, our lease is up at the apt and we are looking to purchase a home here as this is where the work is for my husband. We really don't want to rent another place. So, when we go back to MI for Christmas, my daughter and the dog will stay with my other daughter and I will come back with my husband until my sister and BIL come out and then we are going to drive my vehicle back. My husband will be bunking in with one of the other workers here in the company condo. Little bit cheaper and this will allow us to save money faster.

Both my older daughters are pregnant and I want to be there when they have the babies. My youngest is extremely homesick. She does ok here, but I can tell she is missing home so bad. If the other kids were out here I think she would have done ok. Originally, our plan was to come out here after she graduated, but the work was here now and wasn't in MI.

So, not the best scenario, and it will be tough. I will probably go back to work at the schools in MI so that I can commute here during the breaks and summer. More flexibility.

So, all will be good for the dog (except he will be in for a weather shock when he has to do his duty).

I love it here and I will be back, definitely not looking forward to MI weather AT ALL, but sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do, huh?

Old 12-14-2008, 05:27 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,509,301 times
good luck, Kimba. I think you'll be ok...you sound like you've got a good head on.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:36 PM

29 posts, read 88,126 times
Glad to hear so many you live close by. Maybe we will meet for coffee (or a drink) some time!

Old 12-14-2008, 05:47 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,668,487 times
Best of luck in MI from me as well, Kimba. Thanks for the offer of the dog food. How long are you going to be back there. I hope that you'll keep posting here!

Old 12-14-2008, 06:07 PM

Yeah, it's been a long time since our last DDO. MomMom used to set them up, but she's been AWOL for awhile. If you want some really good fried chicken, check out the service deli at Smiths. It's much better than KFC's Welcome to Vegas, and Centennial Hills.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:20 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,368,438 times
I'm not usually a fan of chain restaurants, but there are lots of fairly good chains in that area now. You'll just have to show me (and I'm not even from Missouri) that a supermarket has better chicken than a chicken restaurant though. Is it better than El Pollo Loco? That's my fav.

I vote for letting itcbitc buy us all dinner at Carino's.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:28 PM

IMHO, Smiths is better. They also do roasted chicken with and without BBQ sauce. Give it a try, your taste buds will love you for the rest of your life.

Itcbitc: What type of law do you practice?

Old 12-14-2008, 11:44 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,473,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Well, it would be easier if I was parting with the dog, but unfortunately, I will be going back to MI for a while to take care of stuff there, so I will parting with my husband.

Long story short, our lease is up at the apt and we are looking to purchase a home here as this is where the work is for my husband. We really don't want to rent another place. So, when we go back to MI for Christmas, my daughter and the dog will stay with my other daughter and I will come back with my husband until my sister and BIL come out and then we are going to drive my vehicle back. My husband will be bunking in with one of the other workers here in the company condo. Little bit cheaper and this will allow us to save money faster.

Both my older daughters are pregnant and I want to be there when they have the babies. My youngest is extremely homesick. She does ok here, but I can tell she is missing home so bad. If the other kids were out here I think she would have done ok. Originally, our plan was to come out here after she graduated, but the work was here now and wasn't in MI.

So, not the best scenario, and it will be tough. I will probably go back to work at the schools in MI so that I can commute here during the breaks and summer. More flexibility.

So, all will be good for the dog (except he will be in for a weather shock when he has to do his duty).

I love it here and I will be back, definitely not looking forward to MI weather AT ALL, but sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do, huh?
Good Luck, you are going to be a very busy new Grandma! How far apart are the due dates?

Old 12-14-2008, 11:48 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,950,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
Good Luck, you are going to be a very busy new Grandma! How far apart are the due dates?
One is due in April and one in May. One daughter is living in the home in MI and will probably stay there until after the baby is born. While I LOVE the little ones, I wonder if I am up to the newborn experience again--all that crying in the middle of the night.

Ah well, ya gotta love 'em!

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas