Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe whoever wins Nov 4 a big difference is immediate for us down the "food chain?&am
Yes, if Obama wins 6 46.15%
Yes, if McCain wins 2 15.38%
No, regardless of who wins 5 38.46%
No, only if justice is renewed by us 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:27 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
It's the time as shown on the stamp, and they haven't done it yet. Maybe they've got a small shred of compassion. I've never had the power turned off, I wouldn't know. Is it just me, or all of their bill always marked "ten day notice?" It was never that bad with Pacific Graft & Extortion, back when I lived in California. Between my unnatural insulation, bundling up, and six dogs in the bed, I'm doing ok. My mom's Yorkies aren't much for heat, but my Iggies are mini furnaces.

I'll be sure to keep in touch. Just don't expect as many posts as I usually make. I'll try to keep them as funny as usual. Who knows, I might just drink the water.

Lex: You can't have fun if you don't have any money.
I heard something on the news recently that if the temperatures are going to dip down to freezing, the power company has to wait until they return to a warmer temp before shutting off the power. I hope i'm right. This way you have another week if that's the case.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:38 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,665,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
DUH you have to have money!!!!! What do you expect a free meal at Emerils?
No s***t, Sherlock. Besides, I'm not into that shi shi fru fru "food." I eat men's food. Give me a bowl of borscht, and a pitcher of kvas, or a bowl of cha shu men, and some Asahi Super Dry Draft, or a few spam musubi, and a couple of the various Hawaiian soft drinks. If I want to splurge, then I'll go for a medium rare steak and a large Laphroaig Quarter Cask scotch, neat, and a fine maduro cigar.

So you had a crappy day? Oh, boo hoo. You forgot the ticket for your tailor made clothes (do they come in men's sizes?) at home, you got lousy haircut at the salon, and you had a bad meal at meal at a restaurant with a friend. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph on a pogostick, you sound like a woman! No offense, ladies. Be a man and put on a hat, for Christ's sake!

And while you're at it, put a sock in it. You want to compare crappy days? Here's the worst day of my life. Two months ago I came downstairs to find my disabled mother, whom I've taken care of for the last three years, dead on the couch. She'd been in the hospital since April, and had been home for only two weeks. The last conversation I had with her was a minimum of three days prior to that. The last few days of her life she was in a deep sleep, and she'd only wake up long enough to moan for pain meds. You can't even to begin to imagine what my life's been like since then. My stepfather moved back to California to live with one of his daughters (who's using him, IMHO. Her worthless b/f isn't working.), and be with his grandkids. I'm left with both my dogs and their dogs in a house that's going to be foreclosed on in a few months. I am this close to living in my car. Sure, my sister and her husband will take me in temporarily, but I'd have to get rid of my beloved dogs. How much do I love them? I have tattoos of them. Besides, they're newlyweds, and I don't want bother them. Meals? I'm getting by on one package of ramen per day, so that the dogs will be able to eat.

|\|0\X/ \X/|-|0'$ |*\X/|\|[), |*|_||\||<?

Sorry, Mads, but this kid whines so much, he makes me want to go postal on him.

ARGH!!!

Pink: I was able to call up, and make payment arangements with NV Energy. I have around ten days to come up with the first half, with the balance due in the early part of January. As I mentioned in my e-mail, I've got some stuff that I can sell. I wonder if the Mads will let me list them in my blog? BTW, the lady at NV Energy said they never turn off the power on a weekend, Fridays inclusive.

On a happy note, for once, my sister text me that she was able to get free tickets to the Tournament Of Kings at the Excalibur for this Wednesday. And here I thought the only Christmas present I was going to get this year was my mother's ashes. I've been wanting go to this since, well...

Meanwhile back in the year One --- when you belonged to no-one ---
you didn't stand a chance son, if your pants were undone.
`Cause you were bred for humanity and sold to society ---
one day you'll wake up in the Present Day ---
a million generations removed from expectations
of being who you really want to be.

Skating away ---
skating away ---

skating away on the thin ice of the New Day.

So as you push off from the shore,
won't you turn your head once more --- and make your peace with everyone?
For those who choose to stay,
will live just one more day ---
to do the things they should have done.
And as you cross the wilderness, spinning in your emptiness:
you feel you have to pray.
Looking for a sign
that the Universal Mind (!) has written you into the Passion Play.

Skating away on the thin ice of the New Day.

And as you cross the circle line, the ice-wall creaks behind ---
you're a rabbit on the run.
And the silver splinters fly in the corner of your eye ---
shining in the setting sun.
Well, do you ever get the feeling that the story's
too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage, and it seems like
you're the only person sitting in the audience?

Skating away on the thin ice of the New Day.

Sorry about that, but I had to sing a little Jethro Tull. It's not my favorite song of theirs, but it's still a good one.

Last edited by aqualung8705; 12-13-2008 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: Annoying little prats **** me off.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:48 AM

471 posts, read 625,071 times
Dude sorry about that. It's tough here too man. I'd share but I'd like not to think about it.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:51 AM

Maybe politics is a better subject.

So who thinks McCain should have won? I do.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:55 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Maybe politics is a better subject.

So who thinks McCain should have won? I do.
hmmmmmMcCain didnt get enough votes to win......so I guess that means Obama should have won.

and that discussion belongs in the Politics forum anyway

Old 12-13-2008, 03:07 PM

I'm still really mad the stylist made my hair too short. Gah. It looks terrible! I feel bad when I don't look nice.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:10 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Quote:
DUH you have to have money!!!!! What do you expect a free meal at Emerils?
and you wonder why nobody answers your posts or even takes you seriously for that matter.... i hope you do come here and vegas swallows you whole!

Old 12-13-2008, 03:11 PM

sorry mod: but i've had enough with this guy!

Old 12-13-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
and you wonder why nobody answers your posts or even takes you seriously for that matter.... i hope you do come here and vegas swallows you whole!

Wait why would VEgas swallow me whole? Are you thinking that bc of the crime or the distractions?

I think I'll be fine bc you guys have really helped me realize how bad the crime really is all those mafia men, hit men, etc. And sure I'd be distracted some but I REALLY doubt I could fail a class. I'm doing really well now so even if I slip up it should even out to nice gpa.

Thanks for the heads up, all of you. Now all this will be in the back of my mind

Old 12-13-2008, 03:22 PM

<banging my head repeatidly on the wall>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas