Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe whoever wins Nov 4 a big difference is immediate for us down the "food chain?&am
Yes, if Obama wins 6 46.15%
Yes, if McCain wins 2 15.38%
No, regardless of who wins 5 38.46%
No, only if justice is renewed by us 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:32 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,509,301 times

Advertisements

Unbelivable...who would have ever expected more snow in LV than in upstate NY during this time of year??????

Old 12-18-2008, 12:20 AM

572 posts, read 1,685,012 times
Seriously... latest NOAA reports say 6 to 10 inches in the outer areas (Hnderson/Mtns. Edge, etc); 3-5 inches in the actual city. Up to over a foot down by the CA border....

I'm shocked. I kinda wish I was there to see it though!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:02 AM

560 posts, read 2,188,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Don't know about Sahara, but my daughter's friend's mom works for CCSD and said they are closed tomorrow! Didn't ever expect a snow day here!
I know!! Now my youngest won't be able to say she never got to have a snow day!! My older two had a snow WEEK once in Michigan.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:56 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
All the snows gone from where I live. Some really great views of the local Sheep Range mountains though.
I should have gotten some pics last night when leaving Aliante Station. It was snowing really nice and windy. Figured it would still be doing that when I got home, but it wasn't. I missed a great photo op. This may never happen again.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:19 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
All the snows gone from where I live. Some really great views of the local Sheep Range mountains though.
I should have gotten some pics last night when leaving Aliante Station. It was snowing really nice and windy. Figured it would still be doing that when I got home, but it wasn't. I missed a great photo op. This may never happen again.
come on pink; never say never.....i am sure you'll miss a great photo op again.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:27 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
come on pink; never say never.....i am sure you'll miss a great photo op again.
Ha! Very funny. I'm sure I might. But for now on, my camera is ready to go even if I am not.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:05 PM

29 posts, read 88,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
IMHO, Smiths is better. They also do roasted chicken with and without BBQ sauce. Give it a try, your taste buds will love you for the rest of your life.

Itcbitc: What type of law do you practice?

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I've been xmas shopping every night. LOL. I practice Employment Law on behalf of the employees. Multi plaintiff litigations against Fortune 100-500 companies. I've had my own firm for 21 years. Now it's time to rest.

And for those of you looking for a get together--I'll be happy to host one big azz cocktail party after I get settled in!!

Old 12-19-2008, 01:08 PM

29 posts, read 88,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrdun View Post
Congrats!

I have a question for you. My question is since you already closed on the house, are you now making the payments or do you wait until you physically move in? Reason behind my question, is that my family is moving in May and I want to buy a house. I do not want to make payments for 5 months on a house Im not living in. Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but all these homebuying terms are new to me.

I closed on October 27 and my first payment came due December 1st. So we are paying on our house and getting there only 1 time per month or so until we move in April.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:54 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
That's very interesting. I assume that would only fly with a private seller and not an institutional (bank) seller?
I have seen some long escrows on bank owned at high price points. Nothing at the lower end.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:55 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,668,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itcbitc View Post
Sorry for taking so long to respond. I've been xmas shopping every night. LOL. I practice Employment Law on behalf of the employees. Multi plaintiff litigations against Fortune 100-500 companies. I've had my own firm for 21 years. Now it's time to rest.

And for those of you looking for a get together--I'll be happy to host one big azz cocktail party after I get settled in!!
That's a good type of law to practice. I've had to deal with the evil defense attorney for CA Workers Comp, and if you looked up b@st@rd or SOB in the dictionary, his picture would be there. They're hopefully going to have the final settlement conference on Monday, otherwise I'll have to drive (600 miles) back to California for a final trial. It'd be greatly appreciated if everyone could pray/wish me luck/chant/etc that thing will be settled on Monday, and that I'll get my money, and not have to make that trip to Santa Rosa.

A cocktail party sounds like fun. I like either dry Bombay Sapphire Martinis (shaken), or Single Malt Islay Scotches (pref. Laphroaig Quarter Cask), neat. There are a number of other drinks that I like (Bourbon & Coke), but those two are my favorites. I also like microbrew and imported beer. Sigh...it's been awhile since I had any of the good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas