Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe whoever wins Nov 4 a big difference is immediate for us down the "food chain?&am
Yes, if Obama wins 6 46.15%
Yes, if McCain wins 2 15.38%
No, regardless of who wins 5 38.46%
No, only if justice is renewed by us 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:35 PM

471 posts, read 625,509 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to thank everyone on here for helping me out so much. Really I do mean it sincerely. Even the times when I seemed mad and wrote mean things to people - it still all helped me out.

Ok like with the joe guy - he really REALLY helped me understand that I can't come to Vegas for UNLV. UNLV is not what I'm looking for. If I had to play Halo with guys in LV I'd be sooooo unhappy. Talking to him helped me realize I'm coming to Vegas to the city and that's where I'll find my fun not UNLV.

I'm not just givin credit to him ofcourse. All of you. Like now I know gated means NOTHING in Vegas. Imagine if I had just been like ok it's safe bc it's gated and stayed there I couldve been KILLED before I even moved to LV not knowing the danger I am putting myself in.

Many of you said that I could be naive to the thugs in LV. Now I know better than to just befriend anyone who seems nice.

Many of you I could get distracted from school so now I am more aware of that potential folly. I am taking the minimum amount of hours now so that my work load is less.

So ya I am a lot more aware of how Vegas really is. Basically now I know to lock my doors where over here we never lock them and things like that.

One of you said it will be hard to meet people livin off campus. Now I might just join a frat to get that out of the way.

I'm so glad that i've had the opportunity to learn from you all. Like one of you said that the girls in college only like guys who live in the dorms. So now I'll be looking elsewhere like on craigslist and dating websites. I'll be trying my luck in the strip clubs bc I'm sure they'll like to come over to my condo and get free meals. One guy said his roomate just went to mall and brought back new girls everynight!!!

You guys helped me realize that In Vegas you can do whatever you want. Like if you made a C on a test and want to feel better - no problem! House of Blues! That place is divine!!!

Most importantly I have learned that when in doubt, ALWAYS go out. Feeling lonely? A private dance will make you feel better. Feeling tired from the heat? Get a massage. Just flunked a test? House of blues will make you forget about it. I've learned you MUST be active jus sitting at home can REALLY make you miserable. Luckily in Vegas you can do these things where I'm from there is literally nothing to do beyond playing fetch with your dog.

You guys filled me in on a lot of stuff which I otherwise would have had to figure out myself.

Thanks to all.

Last edited by lexusman199; 12-13-2008 at 03:54 PM..

Old 12-13-2008, 03:38 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
Air....I tried to rep you but I gotta spread the luv.......this guy is really drivin me crazy....crazy....crazy....crazy.......[am I repeating myself....myself....myself.....]

Old 12-13-2008, 03:42 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
same here same here same here same here same here
after his attack on aqua, i'm done with the guy.....

Old 12-13-2008, 05:12 PM

I didn't attack aqua...geez...sorry

Old 12-13-2008, 05:56 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
Quote:
Most importantly I have learned that when in doubt, ALWAYS go out. Feeling lonely? A private dance will make you feel better. Feeling tired from the heat? Get a massage. Just flunked a test? House of blues will make you forget about it. I've learned you MUST be active jus sitting at home can REALLY make you miserable. Luckily in Vegas you can do these things where I'm from there is literally nothing to do beyond playing fetch with your dog.
I don't recall anyone here telling you that these things will make you feel better. This is what you have been saying since the beginning.

See you could have saved everyone that aggravation of reading your posts and trying to give you advice, you really knew it all from the beginning!

That is what you learned.

Good luck on your adventure.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:23 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
Aqua---

I am going to MI on Friday the 19th. My dog will not be coming back. We have almost a full five gallon bucket of dog food that we will not want to transport back. We will probably just put some in a gallon baggie. If your dogs (maybe the Yorkies, cuz it is Purina Little Bites, we have a Lhasa. I don't know what Iggies are) will eat it, you are welcome to it.

I know everyone feeds their dogs different things and it is dry food. Up to you. Let me know if you can use it.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I don't recall anyone here telling you that these things will make you feel better. This is what you have been saying since the beginning.

See you could have saved everyone that aggravation of reading your posts and trying to give you advice, you really knew it all from the beginning!

That is what you learned.

Good luck on your adventure.

No dude you guys taught me a lot. It says it on a couple of posts I made ago on this thread. It's on the previous page.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusman199 View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone on here for helping me out so much. Really I do mean it sincerely. Even the times when I seemed mad and wrote mean things to people - it still all helped me out.

Ok like with the joe guy - he really REALLY helped me understand that I can't come to Vegas for UNLV. UNLV is not what I'm looking for. If I had to play Halo with guys in LV I'd be sooooo unhappy. Talking to him helped me realize I'm coming to Vegas to the city and that's where I'll find my fun not UNLV.

I'm not just givin credit to him ofcourse. All of you. Like now I know gated means NOTHING in Vegas. Imagine if I had just been like ok it's safe bc it's gated and stayed there I couldve been KILLED before I even moved to LV not knowing the danger I am putting myself in.

Many of you said that I could be naive to the thugs in LV. Now I know better than to just befriend anyone who seems nice.

Many of you I could get distracted from school so now I am more aware of that potential folly. I am taking the minimum amount of hours now so that my work load is less.

So ya I am a lot more aware of how Vegas really is. Basically now I know to lock my doors where over here we never lock them and things like that.

One of you said it will be hard to meet people livin off campus. Now I might just join a frat to get that out of the way.

I'm so glad that i've had the opportunity to learn from you all. Like one of you said that the girls in college only like guys who live in the dorms. So now I'll be looking elsewhere like on craigslist and dating websites. I'll be trying my luck in the strip clubs bc I'm sure they'll like to come over to my condo and get free meals. One guy said his roomate just went to mall and brought back new girls everynight!!!

You guys helped me realize that In Vegas you can do whatever you want. Like if you made a C on a test and want to feel better - no problem! House of Blues! That place is divine!!!

You guys filled me in on a lot of stuff which I otherwise would have had to figure out myself.

Thanks to all.

Found it.

Last edited by lexusman199; 12-13-2008 at 09:39 PM..

Old 12-14-2008, 02:25 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Aqua---

I am going to MI on Friday the 19th. My dog will not be coming back. We have almost a full five gallon bucket of dog food that we will not want to transport back. We will probably just put some in a gallon baggie. If your dogs (maybe the Yorkies, cuz it is Purina Little Bites, we have a Lhasa. I don't know what Iggies are) will eat it, you are welcome to it.

I know everyone feeds their dogs different things and it is dry food. Up to you. Let me know if you can use it.
Thanks, Kimba, but I'm ok. I managed to scrape up some money, and bought two 50lbs of Safeway brand dog for $15.99 each with the club card. I only give them dry food. The wet stuff is bad for their teeth, and gives them the trots. Have you thought about donating it to the Lied Animal Shelter? They can use all the help that they can get. Iggy is another name for Italian Greyhound.

I'm sorry to hear that you're psrting company with your furkid.

Here's a picture of me with Ace, Queen, and Jackie that I took back back in August, before I had my glorious beard butchered off a couple months later.

http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/4/0/8/c/event_6616524.jpeg (broken link)

Lex: Good to hear that you're finally learning something. I think that we all pounded it into your thick skull enough. Forget about the fancy clubs and restaurants until after you get your degree, and a good paying job. You don't need to throw money around to have friends. The kind of people that are attracted to your money are leaches, and are unworthy of your time. As many people here have already told you, just be yourself. Good people will naturally be drawn to you. BTW, you never did tell us what you're going to be majoring in. UNLV is the second best school in the nation for hotel management, with Princeton, I believe, being the best. Otherwise, it's an average university.

Personally, I'm thinking about going back to school to improve my Russian. I've heard that interpreters can make some pretty good money.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:31 AM

hey I know I said that the post I made a few hours ago would be my last, but I just had to say a couple things.

First my major is history, but I might change it. Second, I encourage you to go back to school b/c investing in yourself will pay off the most in the long run. View school as an investment more than anything else. Third, ya I agree paying for friends seems...like a train wreck waiting to happen. Ya, I guess all will happen in its time.

note to everyone below.

Also this is to everyone. I'm willing to say I'm sorry. I usually never feel bad about the things I do but I realize that some of you have been disturbed by some of my postings. I just want to say that I do apologize and do feel genuinely bad about making a few of you unhappy.

I do want all of youto know that I am thankful for your advice and there is no question that all of it has really helped me prepare for my big move out to lv. I am more knowledgable now than I was before and in not only matters related to Las Vegas but also in myself too. I feel as if I understand myself more by talking to you all. I now know what it is I am really looking for in life and what will make me happy.

If it gives one on here any solace in knowing that now I am better off by talking to you, please understand that you deserve every bit of gratitude and credit for making the quality of my life better. I have learned now how to cope with some of the problems that potentially lie before me in Vegas and what I need to do to better handle them.

mod cut:

They say there is nothing greater than fighting for a cause greater than yourself. My friends, I want you to know that in helping me, even if it is just one person, you all have done a great thing.

In return, I want to tell you all something that I hope can help all you in life. We work our entire lives to make money, but in the end money cannot buy us life. With that I hope all you can enjoy life a little more beyond the monotany of lifes day to day responsibilities.

Thanks again mod cut:

Last edited by scirocco22; 12-14-2008 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: against T.O.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas