Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 08:42 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,621,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Did you know that when you order a pizza you can request that it be cut into squares or pie shaped?
I have heard people request "square cut" or "pie cut" when they order.

This thread should be entitled, "Unhappy with square pizza slices."

I personally don't care, how a pizza tastes is what matters to me, and that is the same regardless of the shape of the slices.

I would be so happy to find a good Chicago pizza here that they could slice it in squares, triangles, diamonds, stars or clovers.

In New York City, they fold the pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 09:43 PM

4 posts, read 7,102 times
I'm sorry you're not enjoying Indiana, I've lived here for almost a decade and love it. I know people who say that hate it here because they don't like the people, but like any place you live, the the circles you travel in determine how you define your city. Every place you go will have people that you mesh with and people you don't, and your job is to find the people that you like and avoid those you don't. If you haven't been actively trying to meet new people, you could always start exploring your hobbies with other people in the area, look for groups of people living in Indy who are from the city/state you're from, or are alumni of your college, volunteer with an organization whose mission you feel passionate about, enroll in some continuing ed classes at the local college, etc. Once you connect with other people in the area that you feel at home with, they will lead you to other people you mesh with, and along the way you'll be introduced to their favorite places/events/restaurants/etc. and your perspective on the city will change enormously. And hopefully make the next 2 years pass a little more quickly. :c)

Old 06-02-2013, 07:59 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,744,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Nice try............SODA
No no no, it's POP.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:10 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,353,101 times
In Indiana, it's pop. In my house, it's Diet Coke though.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:18 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,266,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothappyinindy View Post
I agree with you totally! I moved here from the Minneapolis/St Paul area years ago and I still am NOT happy living here at all!! I have now experienced all that Indianapolis has to offer and am left bored and frustrated. I don't care for car racing, football, or basketball. There is little else to do besides go to movies and eat at chain restaurants. The scenery is flat and ugly .....no numerous city nature preserves and parks that include lakes and gorgeous walking trails. One gets bored continually visiting Ft Ben and Eagle Creek. The live theater is limited (no Guthrie here) and the IMA is a little gem but no comparison to the Walker and Minnesota Institute of Art. I would like to move to the greater Boston or Philadelphia area but I am "stuck" here for the rest of my life. I "survive" by making frequent "culture trips" to New York and Minneapolis and places of beauty such as upstate N.Y,, Maine, and California. A late friend of mine who was a Cincinnati transplant said the same thing as you did.....that the residents here are "clannish" . I have to agree with that as well. Everybody knows everybody else and are "suspicious" of outsiders. They have their own "culture" (Hoosier).
I truly would like to meet others on this thread who are also unhappy living here and maybe we can find a way to survive our time here!!!
How could that possibly be? I can understand a statement of, "moving would be quite difficult and involve unpleasant choices", but unless you are literally being held hostage, how can you say that?

Square, round, folded-who cares? The quality & taste is what matters!

Old 06-04-2013, 10:18 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,621,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothappyinindy View Post
A late friend of mine who was a Cincinnati transplant said the same thing as you did.....that the residents here are "clannish" .

I used to live in Cincinnati and I could make the same statement about that city.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:23 AM

750 posts, read 1,065,342 times
I see nothing wrong with the people here in IN, at least in Indy metro. They are generally friendly and welcoming and mostly polite. Sure the state has its share of exceptions but what place does not?

My problem with Indy is really its location and overall blandness. IMO, in terms of options for entertainment and leisure, Indy is average at best when compared to other Midwest metros, let alone cities in other regions like in the coasts. Unfortunately, Indy's flat geography and abundance of corn-rich fields make it difficult for families who like so much the outdoors like mine to fully enjoy living here. Cost of living is cheap, true, but I think it is priced just right you know, sometimes I think it's even a bit too expensive for what it has to offer.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:33 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,227,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
How could that possibly be? I can understand a statement of, "moving would be quite difficult and involve unpleasant choices", but unless you are literally being held hostage, how can you say that?

Square, round, folded-who cares? The quality & taste is what matters!
Reality for many people;
-finances. Having more money offers more options.
-family. Not everyone has parents, grandparents, brothers/sisters as support systems.
There are people who truely are alone.
-a career that traps them where they are since their opportunities elsewhere
are limited or slim to none.
It might be more of picking your poison than an unpleasant choice.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:36 PM

8,981 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Reality for many people;
-finances. Having more money offers more options.
-family. Not everyone has parents, grandparents, brothers/sisters as support systems.
There are people who truely are alone.
-a career that traps them where they are since their opportunities elsewhere
are limited or slim to none.
It might be more of picking your poison than an unpleasant choice.
The person he was responding to said all Indy has to offer is going to the movies and eating at chain restaurants. Let's be honest, sounds like someone is just a sad sack.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:20 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,857,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Uh oh, the emoticons are out. We officially have a thread worked up over how a pizza is cut.
Last night my friends and I went to a locally famous pizza place in Michigan City where the pizza is cut into long pieces in a shape similar to breadsticks. I thought about this thread. I am sure the OP would have been horrified ........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis