Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:12 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,288,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I wouldn't. I woudn't care WHAT an illegal did..he could seduce young boys, 'moon' the police, stomp on the American flag, beat his 'woman', or steal my job....I'd be willing to overlook ALL of that, as long as he wasn't Mexican.

Chinese illegals?...Russians?..Guatemalans?...Norwegians?. ..I don't care, as long as they're not Mexicans.
It pisses people off a LITLE bit more when its a Mexican/Salvadorian/Guatemalan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 11:18 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,577,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Somebody get this girl some oxygen before she loses ALL her brain cells.
And it's nice to have brain cells to lose.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:21 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,418,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174
Why do you feel entitled to dictate what other people do with their money? It's not taxpayers money, it's from private institutions and you have no say in what they do with it whatsoever.

Quote:
Viewed purely in terms of economics, Harvard is really a $40 billion tax-free hedge fund with a very large marketing and PR arm called Harvard University that has the job of raising the investment capital and protecting the fund’s preferential tax treatment.
http://www.theamericanscene.com/2008...ree-hedge-fund

While their "endowments" may come from private donations, Harvard is no different from any other corporate crook that hides it's assets under the guise of a tax exempt status. Thus, they are deliberately robbing the US of billions of tax dollars in order to dole out "scholarships" to illegal aliens such as the subject of this thread. While it may not be illegal, it sure as hell is just as unethical as the illegal aliens in this country demanding and receiving instate tuition rates. See: DREAMies.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:26 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,288,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And it's nice to have brain cells to lose.
That's fine, but don't get too comfortable losing them. They don't come back and you might need them.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:38 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,577,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
That's fine, but don't get too comfortable losing them. They don't come back and you might need them.
Again; some have brain cells to lose, while others don't. I'm glad I'm not in the latter group. Thanks for the concern.

Now, can we return to the OP?

Old 02-22-2009, 11:59 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,853,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Harvard doesn't enforce immigration laws do they? Besides, I.C.E has bigger fish to fry than worry about deporting this kid.
ICE needs to deport ALL illegals, if they'd been doing their job all along we wouldn't be in this predicament. No leniency for law breaking employers, no leniency for illegals.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:42 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,755,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Great defense for the indefensible . . . . .NOT Kele and every other accomplished American pursuing an education in this country have every right to be angry at funding rewarding criminals with a free ride/education in this country. But of course illegal aliens and DREAMies don't want to deal with that reality.
That's what I'm sayin' girl.....

Old 02-22-2009, 12:47 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,418,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
That's what I'm sayin' girl.....
I hear you my sista. Their thinly veiled defenses are beyond mind boggling.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:47 PM

167 posts, read 484,102 times
Quote:
How the hell did he "unlawfully" hustle his way? Or is it unlawfully to be really smart and still be an illegal immigrant?
Did he not "unlawfully hustle" his way into this country - or did I miss something. The fact remains he is an illegal alien, who snook his way into a country breaking the laws.

There are many many law abiding citizens and legal aliens who are just as genious, and as they are not illegal and breaking the law, are more deserving of this grant.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:53 PM

167 posts, read 484,102 times
Quote:
Harvard doesn't enforce immigration laws do they? Besides, I.C.E has bigger fish to fry than worry about deporting this kid.
Thats the problem, little fish turn into big fish. There is a saying that kinda of relates.

For the want of a nail, the shoe was lost,
For the want of a shoe, the horse was lost,
For the want of a horse, the rider was lost.

Incase this is "lost" on you, every single fish is a worry. Where there is one there is more. ICE needs more employees and needs to step it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration