Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:29 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Antireconquista, huh?
So who do you guys accuse of reconquista on a regular basis anyway? The Chinese?'

And he "intentionally entered illegally" at the age of 9?
Damn! This kid is impressing me even more!

I didn't leave my home until I was 18, and this kid was changing countries on his own before he was 10!
He certainly wouldn't be the first.

Quote:
“Today the phenomenon of migration to the United States has a new face, invisible to authorities, one of thousands of children, boys and girls, who long for the American dream and leave their communities alone in order to seek a better way of life, or to be reunited with their parents who have already gone to the ‘other side.’

“According to data from DIF [National System for Integral Family Development] and private shelters, where the young [deportees] detained by the U.S. Border Patrol are taken, last year more than 20,000 children, 2,000 more than in 2005 and almost twice as many as in 2004, traveled on their own to the border in order to cross illegally into the United States, which represents 15 percent of the total registered migration movement.

“Of those, 80 percent are between the ages of 13 and 17, mostly males who traveled alone, whereas 13 percent are boys and girls between the ages of six and 12, who also traveled unaccompanied. Four percent are under five years of age, who traveled with a family member or older sibling.

According to Mexico’s DIF, today an average of 32 underage boys and girls try to cross into the United States on a daily basis. Over the past five years, the DIF reports caring for 50,000 so-called “fronterizos,” or border children. In the second half of 2006, the agency attended to 15,584 children in its 24 shelters in the northern border states of Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas, and in Chiapas on the southern border with Guatemala, the Apro news service reports.
Mexican Children are Migrating Alone to the USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
You're making a whole lot of assumptions for the negative, of course.
He's not a day laborer who showed up last week.
This kid GREW UP in the U.S.
I'd assume this is the country he knows, and he's going to want to live here instead of some country he more than likely doesn't even remember.
And you are assuming he will stay, simply because he is a Mexican illegal alien. Would you be so adamant if he were a Chinese illegal?

The fact that he grew up here is irrelevant. He GREW UP with his illegal alien family who flagrantly violate our laws, and have no respect for this country. Why would he NOT want to further use this country for personal gain? It's a staple of illegal alien life in this country -- manipulate the system, get what you can from the stupid Americans.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:42 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And you are assuming he will stay, simply because he is a Mexican illegal alien. Would you be so adamant if he were a Chinese illegal?

The fact that he grew up here is irrelevant. He GREW UP with his illegal alien family who flagrantly violate our laws, and have no respect for this country. Why would he NOT want to further use this country for personal gain? It's a staple of illegal alien life in this country -- manipulate the system, get what you can from the stupid Americans.
Nooo, no, no, no. Like I just said, I'm assuming he'll stay because he GREW, UP, HEREEE.
Would you guys be so angry about this if he was a Chinese illegal?

Old 02-22-2009, 10:42 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,750,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
Why do you feel entitled to dictate what other people do with their money? It's not taxpayers money, it's from private institutions and you have no say in what they do with it whatsoever.
Good post.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Nooo, no, no, no. Like I just said, I'm assuming he'll stay because he GREW, UP, HEREEE.
And you are assuming he'll stay because he grew up here as a Mexican illegal alien, and you MUST defend their behavior. I don't discriminate; I want ALL illegals to leave. So yes, I would be equally angry had the guy been a Chinese illegal.

When will you finally realize most opposition to illegal immigration does NOT have race/ethnicity as a basis? You are transferring your own ethnic motives onto others.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:51 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
I'm going to be 50 in the hole myself, and I don't care. This kid hustled his way through a disadvantaged position, and did what none of us can do. People hustle in worse ways to get worse things.

On a side note: this kid is a Hispanic AND an illegal immigrant, and he's an upstanding student attending Harvard???

What is this kid? A freak of nature? Shouldn't he be out not learning English, getting girls pregnant, commiting all of America's crime, raping women, drug smuggling?
What's wrong with this boy?
The hispanic part is irrevalant in this. The fact is that he is in the US illegally.

I may catch some heat from fellow anti-illegals on this one but if an illegal alien wants to go to college, i'm ok with it under these guidelines; the money comes entirely out of their own pocket, no U.S. citizen or legal immigrant gets bumped out to make way for the illegal, and they are charged out of state tuition.

In this case the illegal is receiving a scholarship that could be used for a legal immigrant or citizen, Harvard is extremely selective so someone here legally got bumped. To put it simply, That ain't right.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:55 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,561,099 times
Quote:
I wouldn't. I woudn't care WHAT an illegal did..he could seduce young boys, 'moon' the police, stomp on the American flag, beat his 'woman', or steal my job....I'd be willing to overlook ALL of that, as long as he wasn't Mexican.

Chinese illegals?...Russians?..Guatemalans?...Norwegians?. ..I don't care, as long as they're not Mexicans.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:03 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,608,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
Why do you feel entitled to dictate what other people do with their money? It's not taxpayers money, it's from private institutions and you have no say in what they do with it whatsoever.
Agree...

Old 02-22-2009, 11:07 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And you are assuming he'll stay because he grew up here as a Mexican illegal alien, and you MUST defend their behavior. I don't discriminate; I want ALL illegals to leave. So yes, I would be equally angry had the guy been a Chinese illegal.

When will you finally realize most opposition to illegal immigration does NOT have race/ethnicity as a basis? You are transferring your own ethnic motives onto others.
Somebody get this girl some oxygen before she loses ALL her brain cells.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 AM

608 posts, read 1,005,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Agree...

Actually I agree as well on this one. Harvard is a private institution. Only it's donors (usually the top echelons of the US and world for that matter) can determine how they allocate scholarships. If the student is illegal hopefully they will sponsor assist to change his status.

Now if we were discussing Public run state universities this could be a different issue as tax payers would be the ones who should determine how scholarships are awarded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration