Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 06:49 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,907 times

Advertisements

Amnesty always happens. Obama ran on it, there are already 60 million
hispanics here and that number is very conservative.
If you do not like it, you should leave.
Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. It is what it is. Go and live where you will be at your best and good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
It is over; there will be no amnesty, just go home (if here illegally) and no one gets in trouble with the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 06:58 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. It is what it is. Go and live where you will be at your best and good luck.
No, government statistics say there are 45 million Hispanics in this country. Inflating the numbers doesn't help any. I don't care if they are here or not just as long as they are here legally. Obama lied about amnesty just as most all politicians will lie for votes.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Your desperation is obvious. I live here in Arizona and have seen with my own two eyes the mostly Hispanic illegal aliens flee since 2007-----------judging by the many empty storefronts and apts in the barrios.

If anything; we are going to wind up occupying part of Mexico if that sorry excuse of a nation fails to reign in its drug cartels--------especially with what just happened in Juarez today.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
As a current college student who relies on student loans and small scholarships, this really infuriates me. I'm going to have a devil of a time paying $8k to attend the University of Louisville for 2-3 years and an illegal alien gets $50k (free, mind you) to attend harvard. If we can't find U.S. citizens or legal immigrants more deserving than this illegal who have the smarts to get into Harvard we have major problems.
Excuse me? I want to attend U of L in two years when I graduate. I am illegal so they are 90% going to reject me. But if I do get in im not gonna have to pay 8K like you do. Oh no, im gonna have to dish out 80K for out of state tuition. fair? and i dont even get financial aid. and i didnt enter illegally. my family and i actually entered with a 5 year visa.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishy95 View Post
Excuse me? I want to attend U of L in two years when I graduate. I am illegal so they are 90% going to reject me. But if I do get in im not gonna have to pay 8K like you do. Oh no, im gonna have to dish out 80K for out of state tuition. fair? and i dont even get financial aid. and i didnt enter illegally. my family and i actually entered with a 5 year visa.
It is very fair. Exit the country and re-enter legally. Do you honestly believe that you should be rewarded for violating our immigration laws?

Old 07-29-2011, 02:35 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,426,497 times
Quote:
Confused... so are you an illegal or aren't you??
If you are an illegal, you should not only have to pay an out of state rate, you should have to pay an out of country rate (actually, not be allowed to attend at all)

However, if you are here on a visa, then you are not an illegal

Old 07-29-2011, 02:36 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:

I'm not sure why you are stating you are illegal if you are not here on an expired visa.

Do you think you should pay less than a citizen from someplace like South Dakota? You would be charged the same tuition that someone from any other state pays. Do you realize that many students don't get financial aid even though their parents are paying into a system that gives money to other students?

Excuse me? Excuse me????? Really, are there no colleges in the country of your origin? Why should taxpayers pay your way?

I really hope you will answer because I don't understand your way of thinking.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:51 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Confused... so are you an illegal or aren't you??
If you are an illegal, you should not only have to pay an out of state rate, you should have to pay an out of country rate (actually, not be allowed to attend at all)

However, if you are here on a visa, then you are not an illegal
Hint: "illegal", without "illegal entry" (there is no "five year visas") is a "visa overstay"...

Old 07-29-2011, 03:28 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Hint: "illegal", without "illegal entry" (there is no "five year visas") is a "visa overstay"...

I realize that. They are still illegal. Hint: That means not here legally which means they are an "illegal".

Old 07-29-2011, 07:03 PM

403 posts, read 334,093 times
Wow, this thread is... special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration