Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 06:23 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,308,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Correct there are no true Mexicans either. We All are foreign species to the continent and not indegenous as are feral pigs and english sparrrows.
Invasive species all of us.
Even political borders are man made. This is not to say that I believe
we should have an open border.
The two great moral stains on the character of this country are slavery
and the genocide of the Indian. We are not to blame ourselves you see,
but wrongs are still being perpetuated today, this very day.
The Indians are coming back one by one is all it is. One cannot completely
eradicate an indigenous species by leaving some of them, all must be exterminated. THis was not done. The political line drawn to the south means
a lot to the ones who live by their own laws only. Of course.
Morality, mores , deem a good honest life worthy of admiration
under the laws of God. The laws of man are not always right.
Maury Maverick looks down with pride, I am sure of it.
Goodbye Good Government League, hello today. The world is moving to the left, go with it or be crushed by it (LBJ).
There are no true indigenous peoples here in the New World------------all of us originated in E Africa 60K years ago. Besides: not all of the Indians came here at the same time so that also shatters your argument.

As for the rest of your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 06:28 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,421,789 times
Default Noone.

Noone is illegal, socially anywhere. Criminal activity makes someone
a criminal. Social status does not make somebody illegal. As if someones mere existence could put them in a criminal status.
Undocumented ? Yes,hell yes.
I am no apologist, don't label me as one. What is- is what is.
I do not help anyone travel here. But all the tooth knashing on this thread
is just hot air, it does nothing except post prejudices. So?
It is all meaningless drivel. Ignorance , fear, hate and predjudice
is all posted here in all its everlasting glory.
All are showing their backsides.
We are trying to stop the flow of people
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Seriously wrong with me? It is not as if Hernandez would be treated like crap SoB if deported back there.

Frankly; Pug Life, I have a severe problem with illegal alien apologists/enablers--------too many of them are de facto traitors and need to be dealt with accordingly.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:30 AM

Default Maybe,

Maybe your right, about destruction, but I doubt it.
The immigration (legal) wasn't legal anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Right, legal immigration helped build this country and didn't destroy it but ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION will!

Old 12-14-2009, 05:38 PM

Default If ..........

Maybe you don't know anything about the subject,
but there were quotas on ethnicities regarding country of origin that were biased with regard to European immigration. LBJ changed it
as he did with a lot of societal injustices.
Very interesting what the old guy did in flipping much of what were established practices with regard to race before the sixties.
As it was only western Europeans were allowed to migrate , no eastern
Europeans. Bias based on ethnicity is not only wrong but ignorant.
So, Italians, Romanians, slavs etc were banned til'
LBJ's time to a very, very minor percentage.
Don't know if you get it yet or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
On what basis is immigration quotas illegal? They aren't illegal.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Maybe you don't know anything about the subject,
but there were quotas on ethnicities regarding country of origin that were biased with regard to European immigration. LBJ changed it
as he did with a lot of societal injustices.
Very interesting what the old guy did in flipping much of what were established practices with regard to race before the sixties.
As it was only western Europeans were allowed to migrate , no eastern
Europeans.
Bias based on ethnicity is not only wrong but ignorant.
So, Italians, Romanians, slavs etc were banned til'
LBJ's time to a very, very minor percentage.
Don't know if you get it yet or not.
WRONG!

My father came here legally from Hungary back in 1951 so that blows your line of BS into the weeds. Besides; many a Hungarian came here prior to 1965.

Needless to say: I would love to see the USA revert to pre 1965 immigration rules.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:51 PM

335 posts, read 330,656 times
Quote:
Noone is illegal, socially anywhere. Criminal activity makes someone
a criminal. Social status does not make somebody illegal. As if someones mere existence could put them in a criminal status.
Undocumented ? Yes,hell yes.
I am no apologist, don't label me as one. What is- is what is.
I do not help anyone travel here. But all the tooth knashing on this thread
is just hot air, it does nothing except post prejudices. So?
It is all meaningless drivel. Ignorance , fear, hate and predjudice
is all posted here in all its everlasting glory.
All are showing their backsides.
We are trying to stop the flow of people
The "illegal" in illegal immigrant refers to their immigration status. It doesn't refer to their social status or to their existence as human beings. I'm amazed that you didn't know that. Most illegal immigrants do have documents, but their documents tend to be either fake or stolen. So illegal immigrants are not truly "undocumented".

By the way, I have always been prejudiced against lawbreakers, regardless of their nationality, race, or ethnicity.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:58 PM

335 posts, read 330,656 times
Quote:
Like the passive resistance that Ghandi and King did against blatant discrimination their mere presence is a force to be reckoned with.
The marches, sit ins at luch counters etc. all were illegal.
They were all unjust laws. So they were broken.
Worst of all was the denial of the vote to blacks.
The blacks weren't illegal immigrants in a foreign country demanding that laws be changed to accomodate them.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:25 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,934,778 times
My ancestors came here on a boat, simply landed and didn't try at all to assimilate. In fact, they pushed their views on others. They only spoke their language. Their customs clashed with the local population. They didn't have any papers whatsoever. Yet, they continued to force the locals to bend to their rules. More and more of them came.

That was back in the 1630s...

Old 12-15-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
My ancestors came here on a boat, simply landed and didn't try at all to assimilate. In fact, they pushed their views on others. They only spoke their language. Their customs clashed with the local population. They didn't have any papers whatsoever. Yet, they continued to force the locals to bend to their rules. More and more of them came.

That was back in the 1630s...
And let what happened serve as a warning that history can repeat itself. The difference being is the USA is still quite strong enough to stop/reverse the illegal alien menace.

Although in all fairness; newer groups of American Indians did exactly the same things (or worse) as Columbus, Cortez and Smith (Jamestown) to the prior inhabitants so it was not just a Euro thing.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:14 AM

Default Of course,

Soveregn nation ? Since what time has that become a justification
for what countries have done over time ? More people have been killed in the name of religion and land grabs because of "sovereign nation" status.
THis doesn't justify anything.
All laws are based upon religious beliefs and morals, even before the time of Christianity. God is the ultimate judge. Unjust laws and immoral customs
existed more and more commonly the further back in time one goes into the history of civilzation- in this country and in all others. Human right violations
occur on a daily basis in other "sovereign nations" against the laws of God.
Iran's chasing of a WMD; because these people have little regard for human beings- They will kill,bomb, maim or imprison people for speaking out, resisting,
or even merely differing political points of view.
You must be one heck of a person to be able to put yourself above so many others without even knowing . You are to be admired.
Before you go on your self-congratulatory way however know this-
you don't know these individuals or anything about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Irrelevant. We are a sovereign nation who has the right to secure its borders and; if you are going to drag God through this, any illegal alien is flagrantly violating one or more of the Ten Commandments. Besides; try saying that crap in Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration