Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 11:18 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I would say that is an excellent idea.
The Point---------------------------->

Your head----------------------------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Each and every day I am stunned when I see adults arguing like they were 10 year olds....
I will leave this thread open but feel warned - from now on any personal attack will be rewarded with a brand new, shiny personal attack infraction.
You have been warned, now discuss!
Yac.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:15 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
So?

"Worship at the throne", hahah. You are so oppressed by the illegal alien overlords, Kele. Long live the revolution of the middle class against the lowest class!
Middle class? Do you know me? Do you think you know how I live?

My 12 year old son and I live on less than $14,000 a year. Last time I checked, that's below federal poverty level--$14,570 for a two person home. I am one of those single moms who had to go back to school in order to make a better life for my family. I am by no means priviledged enough to be called middle class. Maybe middle lower lower class....

But see, the difference between me and a goodly number of illegal immigrants is that I'm not busy having anchor babies to milk the system. I get no sort of assistance whatsoever, although I am eligible. That is NOT the example that I want to set for my son. In fact, most illegal aliens send more home to where ever in six months than I bring home in one year.

You should really get a handle on your information before you go spouting off nonsense about something of which you have no knowledge whatsoever...

Last edited by Kele; 02-23-2009 at 08:23 AM..

Old 02-23-2009, 08:57 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
The US is becoming pressure cooker. The top's going to blow off this mess if they don't stop it. Revolt.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:40 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Middle class? Do you know me? Do you think you know how I live?

My 12 year old son and I live on less than $14,000 a year. Last time I checked, that's below federal poverty level--$14,570 for a two person home. I am one of those single moms who had to go back to school in order to make a better life for my family. I am by no means priviledged enough to be called middle class. Maybe middle lower lower class....

But see, the difference between me and a goodly number of illegal immigrants is that I'm not busy having anchor babies to milk the system. I get no sort of assistance whatsoever, although I am eligible. That is NOT the example that I want to set for my son. In fact, most illegal aliens send more home to where ever in six months than I bring home in one year.

You should really get a handle on your information before you go spouting off nonsense about something of which you have no knowledge whatsoever...
14,000??
I made more than that as a waiter going to school fulltime.

So with 14k, you're paying for school out of your pocket, raising a kid, paying housing? With no assistance?

Yeah, ok.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:52 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
14,000??
I made more than that as a waiter going to school fulltime.

So with 14k, you're paying for school out of your pocket, raising a kid, paying housing? With no assistance?

Yeah, ok.
I don't pay for housing. My home is paid for. Part of that 14K pays for my tuition and books (thank goodness for in-state tuition), and the rest for living expenses. I don't have the luxury of working outside of my schooling--I have a child to consider--a child who needs me. Pell grants were a godsend when I was an undergrad--but those days are over.

Luckily for me, the cost of living is not exhorbitant here, I could not have done this in California--part of the reason I am where I am. I have, over the years I've spent raising children on my own, working two jobs to get by, become an expert at turning nothing into something and I do so frequently.

Funny--I didn't realize that this had become the "Scrutinize and Criticize Every Little Iota of Kele's Life" thread.

Sorry to disappoint, but I've said all on that subject that I care to.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:53 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
What a stupid, ignorant comment. You're just mad that an illegal alien has accomplished more than you ever could.

I mean, this pisses you off more than an illegal standing in front of the Home Depot, lol.
Are you saying that you believe this individual could have gotten into Harvard and won a $50,000 scholarship ON HIS OWN MERITS? In other words, he had OVER a 4.0 GPA (at a school comparable in rigor to an American private school), outstanding accomplishments such as being a talented musician, writer, mathematician, etc., PLUS demonstrated community service and near-perfect SATs?????

That's what it takes for a white American student to be admitted to Harvard. The expectations would be even higher for a scholarship of that size, if one even EXISTS for a white American. If Juan met and exceeded these qualifications and applied as an outstanding foreign student, then he deserves the spot at Harvard that he received. If he doesn't, then they need to remove him and give his spot to someone who REALLY DESERVES IT.

Lastly, most American students don't bother to apply to Harvard because they know they can't afford to attend. Sadly, the "full ride" scholarships for white students to the Ivy League are few and far between.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:57 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Are you saying that you believe this individual could have gotten into Harvard and won a $50,000 scholarship ON HIS OWN MERITS? In other words, he had OVER a 4.0 GPA (at a school comparable in rigor to an American private school), outstanding accomplishments such as being a talented musician, writer, mathematician, etc., PLUS demonstrated community service and near-perfect SATs?????

That's what it takes for a white American student to be admitted to Harvard. The expectations would be even higher for a scholarship of that size, if one even EXISTS for a white American. If Juan met and exceeded these qualifications and applied as an outstanding foreign student, then he deserves the spot at Harvard that he received. If he doesn't, then they need to remove him and give his spot to someone who REALLY DESERVES IT.

Lastly, most American students don't bother to apply to Harvard because they know they can't afford to attend. Sadly, the "full ride" scholarships for white students to the Ivy League are few and far between.
How do you know he isn't anything of the things you said?
And for some reason, I don't think Harvard is lacking in white students.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:05 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
How do you know he isn't anything of the things you said?
And for some reason, I don't think Harvard is lacking in white students.
If he is, then I clearly said he deserves to be there. But where are the articles in his defense SHOWING he is eminently qualified and of Harvard calibre? I doubt that he is.

Your second statement is foolish. The white elite has ALWAYS attended Harvard. My POINT, since you seemed to have missed it, is that there are precious few scholarships for white students of average or little means to attend but there are a plethora of scholarships for minorities. The Ivy League and its benefactors discriminate against low- and middle-income white students as, to meet their "diversity" quotas, they provide scholarships to low- and middle-income minority students instead.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:16 PM

200 posts, read 349,794 times
An illegal alien doesn't deserve to be in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration