Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 02:48 PM

479 posts, read 660,983 times

Advertisements

Anyone who thinks amnesty, pity for illegals, etc. is OK should not be allowed to call themselves Americans. Thomas Jefferson would have most of you shot for treason!

They are ILLEGAL aliens, they deserve nothing but a bus ticket out of the country. Those of you who agree with this farce need find a seat on the same bus, or maybe we'll get lucky and you'll get hit by the bus, whatever it takes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 03:18 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
Anyone who thinks amnesty, pity for illegals, etc. is OK should not be allowed to call themselves Americans. Thomas Jefferson would have most of you shot for treason!

They are ILLEGAL aliens, they deserve nothing but a bus ticket out of the country. Those of you who agree with this farce need find a seat on the same bus, or maybe we'll get lucky and you'll get hit by the bus, whatever it takes.
Yea and he would also have had anyone who voted for a black man to be president shot too.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:21 PM

479 posts, read 660,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Yea and he would also have had anyone who voted for a black man to be president shot too.
Those who voted for Nobama voted for a mulatto, not a black man.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:21 PM

167 posts, read 483,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Since NONE OF YOU ANTI-IMMIGRATION PEOPLE know the laws, here's the history of immigration Law in the US.

Your grandparents were no different than these Mexicans, except that the laws were different back then. The immigration laws in effect now have only been around for 50 years. Being enacted during a time of great racial tension and the Cold War...

The reason why we always bring up race is because it's clear you are mostly racists in these boards. I have even highlighted racist sentiment (in another thread) nearly every person arguing against me has used to explain their position. There are illegal immigrant English people on scholarships to US Schools (I know, one of my closest friends married one to get her citizenship, and another buddy of mine WAS one) but nobody cares because they speak English and are white with a name that is common to us.

You people assume this kid is underqualified simply because he's an immigrant. That's racist (or prejudiced...whatever) and clearly so. Being accepted into Harvard takes one of two things: a stellar academic career with incredible talents, or a very powerful family legacy. This kid had the former and there's nothing you can say that will change that.
You are wrong. To me an illegal immigrant can be white, black, brown, pink or blue. If they are in this country illegally, in other words, without permission or correct paperwork, then they are law-breakers and should be deported. I am originally from England, and if the illegal with the grant to Harvard, was from England, I would have exactly the same opinion.

He may be the brightest star in the sky, but he is still breaking the law. Even you surely cannot deny that.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:22 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I highly doubt that. The love of Jefferson's life was a black woman.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:50 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I highly doubt that. The love of Jefferson's life was a black woman.
Didn't one of his descendants move on up?; To the east side?; To a Dee-luxe apartment in the sky? I could SWEAR I heard something about a 'Jefferson'..somewhere...doing that....(?)

Old 02-25-2009, 05:52 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,751,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Does Andreabeth's comment right after yours, and Teatime's comments back that up?

You're all about the Sound and Fury, lol. Always pissed off and bitter about how the world's so hard to you while the illegals are in diamonds and furs. You with your litle Boy Scout troops marching around with megaphones calling people scumbags.
As I said....sound and fury signifying nothing.

My outrage over this entire situation is now and has always been over the fact that people who are in this country illegally--REGARDLESS of their country of origin are entitled to nothing more than a ticket back to where they came from.

There are plenty of deserving and needy citizens and legal immigrants in this country who don't have a snowball's chance in hell of receiving any sort of assistance when their competition is in this country illegally. It's not right and it's not fair--lawbreakers deserve consequences not rewards.

But of course, as always, any and every response you give to me or anyone else that doesn't goose step right along with your opinion, will gloss right over the glaringly obvious problem here that you will never acknowledge.

The rule of law vs. a blind eye to the law for illegal aliens.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:06 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
Those who voted for Nobama voted for a mulatto, not a black man.
I hate when you anti-Obamas stress that as if it means something.

Kind of like the Minuteman protesting(whining) outside the NCLR Convention in San Diego with Obama visiting.

One of them held up a sign breaking down Obama's race as if that discredited him somehow, or was somehow relevant to either the presidency or the immigration issue.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:44 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinggreen View Post
You are wrong. To me an illegal immigrant can be white, black, brown, pink or blue. If they are in this country illegally, in other words, without permission or correct paperwork, then they are law-breakers and should be deported. I am originally from England, and if the illegal with the grant to Harvard, was from England, I would have exactly the same opinion.

He may be the brightest star in the sky, but he is still breaking the law. Even you surely cannot deny that.
At nine years old you have no say over the decisions your parents make for you. You just follow because you trust that your parents love you and know what is best for you. He is not to blame for what his parents did. He did not break the law.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:57 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
Did your college age child get a scholarship for being LEGAL???

-----

Undocumented Student at Harvard on $50,000 Scholarship - NAM

Feb 11, 2009

Los Angeles—Juan Hernandez-Campos, an undocumented who completed his first semester at Harvard University, has been awarded a $50,000 per year scholarship....Juan Hernandez-Campos an illegal alien from Guadalajara, Mexico will be attending school at Harvard.

This organization needs to be raided, “After School All Stars,” a national after school educational and recreational program designed to keep youth out of trouble.

His father needs to be checked to see if he's an illegal alien, if he is then he needs to be deported too, "he crossed the border nine years ago to be with his father."
To answer your first question, NO, I did not get a scholarship for being legal, nor does any child or college kid did, that I know of. Students get scholarships for working hard in school to get good grades. If the organization's policy is to give the money to any student regardless of resident status, then so be it.

I'm still paying for my school loans but really, I never had such an impressive GPA. Kudos for Juan! However, I did have a few scholarships, may I add, that were from undocumented immigrant contributors, mostly. Having said that, it is up to the contributor to agree to give money to an organization that does not have a citizenship/legal status requirement. We as citizens, cannot control who the scholarship goes to, if we are not part of the organization, so let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration