Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 05:22 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,347,902 times

Advertisements

A very impressive win today by the Blackhawks 4-2 to clinch their place in the Stanley Cup Final which is the first in 18 years. Byfuglien with the GW goal on the power play and Bolland adds an empty netter.

So while the Hawks relax, the Habs have their backs against the wall again in a 3-1 deficit. Game 5 tomorrow night back in Philly.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:55 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,253,241 times
I gave my congrats after game 3 - but the hawks look good out there

Coach Q did a masterful job as well

I definitely think the Cup is going to be residing in Chicago this year

Old 05-23-2010, 07:15 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,986,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yes you are insanely biased here. Once we get there lets look at the Vegas lines, the Hawks will be heavily favored, and the guys that make the lines out there are smarting than you or I. It doesn't mean the flyers can't win but it will show the abusridity of your statement.

Seriously have you watched any Hawks games this year (aside from that luckbox win with 2 seconds to go 2 months ago)? If you have you got your blinders on, Towes is better than anyone on your team, Niemi is playing better than anyone in the NHL (shutting down the sharks is much more impressive then shutting down the habs)...The Hawks 3rd line has Versteeg and Ladd on it, that should say enough.

Insanely biased ? Playoff statistics would seem to indicate otherwise ?
Through 16 playoff games Chicago has scored 53 goals while Philadelphia has scored 50, however, two of their leading scorers, Carter and Gagne were out with injuries for extended periods of time. Chicagos Nemi has a GAA of 2.33 while Phillys Leighton has a GAA of 1.37 with 3 shutouts. When you look at those FACTS my statements don't seem as absurd as you paint them to be. I'm sorry but while Chicago is a good team with talented players Philadelphia, althought greatly hampered with injuries to key players, have achieved statistics either equal to or better than what Chicago has achieved. I'm afraid your lopsided evaluation of Chicago vs Philly doesn't hold up to the facts.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:34 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,507,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Through 16 playoff games Chicago has scored 53 goals while Philadelphia has scored 50, however, two of their leading scorers, Carter and Gagne were out with injuries for extended periods of time. Chicagos Nemi has a GAA of 2.33 while Phillys Leighton has a GAA of 1.37 with 3 shutouts. When you look at those FACTS my statements don't seem as absurd as you paint them to be. I'm sorry but while Chicago is a good team with talented players Philadelphia, althought greatly hampered with injuries to key players, have achieved statistics either equal to or better than what Chicago has achieved. I'm afraid your lopsided evaluation of Chicago vs Philly doesn't hold up to the facts.
Quality of competition maybe?

Old 05-23-2010, 07:41 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,947,688 times
Quote:
You actually believe that Philly is superior in every category? Really?

Chicago certainly has more skilled players ( Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, etc..).

Phill has had an easy draw in the Cup playoffs; NJ, Boston and Montreal, and only NJ was though to be a Cup contender in any sense of the imagination. The Eastern Conference is much weaker than the West, and has been for years...Chicago has beaten 3 solid teams ( Nashville, Vancouver and San Jose); Philly has won against minor league AAA competition..Philly, while energetic and competitive, is really a middle-of-the-road team..

Old 05-23-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Quality of competition maybe?

MAYBE ??? Possibly ? Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda ??? The facts of reality are what they are.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
You actually believe that Philly is superior in every category? Really?

Chicago certainly has more skilled players ( Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, etc..).

Phill has had an easy draw in the Cup playoffs; NJ, Boston and Montreal, and only NJ was though to be a Cup contender in any sense of the imagination. The Eastern Conference is much weaker than the West, and has been for years...Chicago has beaten 3 solid teams ( Nashville, Vancouver and San Jose); Philly has won against minor league AAA competition..Philly, while energetic and competitive, is really a middle-of-the-road team..

OK...ignore the facts of the statistics.....Philly managed to knock off these "minor league teams", including NJ that finished 20 points ahead of them in the regular season standings, and they did it mostly with their 3rd string goaltender Boucher (Emery was out with injury as was Leighton till recently) and without 2 of their to 6 forwards, Carter and Gagne, not to mention the loss of Lappierre, their best penalty killer and also creating history along the way by being only the 3rd team in over a hundred years to come back from a 3-0 series deficit. I don't see Chicago playing with ANY of these handicaps. Leighton now has a 1.37 GAA with 3 shutouts against Montreal who dispatched Washington and Pittsburgh yet you wish to dismiss those facts as being without any merit at all. If history has taught us anything its to never underestimate your enemy/opponent and yet thats exactly what your doing.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:09 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,507,406 times
Quote:
MAYBE ??? Possibly ? Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda ??? The facts of reality are what they are.
I was being sarcastic, obviously the hawks have played better teams every step of the way leaving your " facts" worthless, as the entire rest of the thread is trying to tell you.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:41 PM

42,000 posts, read 75,358,725 times
Quote:
not to mention the loss of Lappierre, their best penalty killer
You're such a big fan ... So you should know that there's no one on the Flyers' team with the name of Lappierre.

I'm sorry, but do you perhaps mean Laperriere?

Old 05-23-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You're such a big fan ... So you should know that there's no one on the Flyers' team with the name of Lappierre.

I'm sorry, but do you perhaps mean Laperriere?

So...because I misspelled his name that makes his contribution as a penalty killer less valuable ? I'm sorry but my time is more valuable than the need to perform research on the proper spelling of every players name.....please just take the facts at face value rather than trying to belittle them with nitpicky whining about spelling errors.

Last edited by FlyersFan; 05-23-2010 at 08:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey