Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 05:54 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,072,629 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't that be something else if it turns out to be a Philly-Chitown final? 2 great sports cities with hockey teams in droughts. You better believe to the victor go the spoils in the form of a mass party.
That being said I had the time of my life when the Phils won it and wouldn't mind experiencing it again

Old 05-22-2010, 07:39 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,975,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
I agree with FlyersFan on this, the Habs just came out completely flat in the second period and the Flyers took advantage. Again, they played a good game. Pronger was much better this game with an excellent assist on Lano's breakaway.

Thank you.......it was my observation that the Canadiens had the edge for the first 5 minutes or so but after that the Flyers had the edge in play. The second period has been the Flyers best period in the playoffs and it was again this afternoon. The Canadiens looked completely befuddled and out of sync and with only 17 total shots all game never really were able to sustain any attack....it was one shot and done....they were never able to crash the net and Leighton like they did in game 3 and I doubt things will get any better for them in game 5 in Philadelphia. The third shut out by Leighton must be pretty demoralizing for Montreal and they have the next two days to think about it and the mountain they have to climb just to get back into this series. Washington and Pittsburgh are more finess and speed teams while Philly has the talent to play finess and speed but also has the added elements of being much more physical than Washington and Pittsburgh and Philly also plays a much more aggressive forecheck under Laviolette.....thats why Montreal is having such difficulty with Philly.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Wouldn't that be something else if it turns out to be a Philly-Chitown final? 2 great sports cities with hockey teams in droughts. You better believe to the victor go the spoils in the form of a mass party.
That being said I had the time of my life when the Phils won it and wouldn't mind experiencing it again

Philly vs Chicago ?

Considering forwards, defense, goaltending and coaching I can't see giving the edge to Chicago in any of those areas ?

Old 05-22-2010, 11:32 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Chicago has some snipers (Dustin Byfuglien in particular has stood out this post-season), and they're also very aggressive at penalty killing. Instead of simply swatting the puck out of the defensive zone like most teams do, the Blackhawks try to set up their own short-handed scoring opportunities. This is how they led the NHL in short-handed goals during the regular season. They're quite a ballsy team.

On the other hand, Philadelphia has a massive chip on their collective shoulder and a "nothing to lose" attitude, which is always very dangerous. The Flyers remind me of an angry gorilla in a big box that terrorizes everybody by constantly roaring and banging on the sides of its box.

A Chicago/Philadelphia Stanley Cup Finals would be highly entertaining. I think such a series could go either way, although I think Chicago's average margin of victory would be larger than Philadelphia's.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:35 PM

Come on man let's not count chicks before they hatch

Old 05-22-2010, 11:37 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Come on man let's not count chicks before they hatch
Believe me; I know, especially after watching this post-season unfold. I was speaking hypothetically.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:14 AM

I was talking to flyersfan. The quote button doesn't want to show itself for me sometimes

Old 05-23-2010, 08:27 AM

Chicago vs Philadelphia ?

I'd like to hear some opinions based upon playoff performance on who gets the edge on:

Forwards

Defense

Goaltending

Coaching

I may be biased but I can't see giving the edge to Chicago on any of those elements ?

Old 05-23-2010, 12:49 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,486,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Chicago vs Philadelphia ?

I'd like to hear some opinions based upon playoff performance on who gets the edge on:

Forwards

Defense

Goaltending

Coaching

I may be biased but I can't see giving the edge to Chicago on any of those elements ?
Yes you are insanely biased here. Once we get there lets look at the Vegas lines, the Hawks will be heavily favored, and the guys that make the lines out there are smarting than you or I. It doesn't mean the flyers can't win but it will show the abusridity of your statement.

Seriously have you watched any Hawks games this year (aside from that luckbox win with 2 seconds to go 2 months ago)? If you have you got your blinders on, Towes is better than anyone on your team, Niemi is playing better than anyone in the NHL (shutting down the sharks is much more impressive then shutting down the habs)...The Hawks 3rd line has Versteeg and Ladd on it, that should say enough.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:53 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,486,389 times
Hawwwwwwks!!!!! Niemi stops 129 of 136 shots in the series. Wowwwww!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey