Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 04:35 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,979,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
You said you give the edge to the Flyers in every single position. I said your statement is absurd, and I stand by it. I called the guys on ESPN a derrogatory term, there have been entire threads, more then once on this site devoted to bashing ESPN, using terms like that and much much worse. Thin skin is not going to hold up well on the interwebs.

And, again, you are ignoring the quality of competition, something that has to be considered when evaluating performance in any team sport over a duration of games.

An edge. Thats not much.....just an edge because the playoff statistics supported that statement. We can't change the statistics.....I'm sorry they don't give the "edge" to Chicago but they just don't and I could care less what someone in Las Vegas thinks. If you interperet the playoff statistics differently then I'd be curious to hear your slant.
"Tards" isn't about thin skin or bashing ESPN announcers.....in the 21st century its just wrong.
As far as the quality of competition you can only play whos dealt to you and do your best and thats what the Flyers have done posting similar or better numbers doing so than Chicago ?

Old 05-24-2010, 04:49 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,495,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
An edge. Thats not much.....just an edge because the playoff statistics supported that statement. We can't change the statistics.....I'm sorry they don't give the "edge" to Chicago but they just don't and I could care less what someone in Las Vegas thinks. If you interperet the playoff statistics differently then I'd be curious to hear your slant.
"Tards" isn't about thin skin or bashing ESPN announcers.....in the 21st century its just wrong.
As far as the quality of competition you can only play whos dealt to you and do your best and thats what the Flyers have done posting similar or better numbers doing so than Chicago ?
Yeah, I'm sure you are Mother Theresa herself and have never uttered a word that may not be PC. I think people that get all upset about words like that are part of the problem not the solution, but I'll leave that to the politards (oops) in the P&C threads to debate. Puhlease.

Similar or better numbers against inferior competition. It's funny the opening paragraphs in any intro to stats textbook often state the well known cliche "figures don't lie, but liars figure," and thats exactly what you are doing. I can tone that down for you if you want. If you isolate statistics without looking at them in their context, you are left with a pile of meaningless numbers.

Last week I played my cousin (he's 9) in 1/1, he asked me to not go easy on him, so I beat him 21-1 (lucky jump shot). I heard Kobe and Lebron played 1/1 and LBJ won 21-16, so obviously I am better than Kobe (16 times better at that!!!).

Old 05-24-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yeah, I'm sure you are Mother Theresa herself and have never uttered a word that may not be PC. I think people that get all upset about words like that are part of the problem not the solution, but I'll leave that to the politards (oops) in the P&C threads to debate. Puhlease.
Attacking me to distract from your poor choice of words and your obvious lack of compassion or remorse toward anyone you may have offended or hurt isn't the way to go. Why continue to insist your comments are not offensive when you know there are some on here that may have handicapped children ?
Similar or better numbers against inferior competition. It's funny the opening paragraphs in any intro to stats textbook often state the well known cliche "figures don't lie, but liars figure," and thats exactly what you are doing. I can tone that down for you if you want. If you isolate statistics without looking at them in their context, you are left with a pile of meaningless numbers.
I posted accurate numbers and statistics.....now your attempting to twist them into a "lie". Its ok to disagree what they mean but they are hardly a "lie" ?

Last week I played my cousin (he's 9) in 1/1, he asked me to not go easy on him, so I beat him 21-1 (lucky jump shot). I heard Kobe and Lebron played 1/1 and LBJ won 21-16, so obviously I am better than Kobe (16 times better at that!!!).
OK.....after that comparison now I know why you have such trouble with real facts.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:37 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,344,179 times
OK fellas, let's settle down and keep it respectful.

Six and a half left in the first and tied at 1. Gionta with a nice 5-hole goal in the first minute then Mike Richards became a beast with a monster hit at center ice. Then with the Habs on the PP, crashes into Halak and gets a gift for his hard skating.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,495,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
OK fellas, let's settle down and keep it respectful.
I'm cool with that

Old 05-24-2010, 07:44 PM

Devils & Brodeur.........GONE

Boston & Rask............GONE

Montreal & Halak........GONE

Watch out Chcago the Flyers and Scott Hartnell are coming to take a "bite" out of you next.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:59 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,344,179 times
Default Congrats to the Flyers!

This is great as it's the first trip to the Final since 1997 for the Flyers.

They wanted it more than the Habs who I think just ran out of gas, great run for them this year.

Richards was incredible this game. Looking forward to an fantastic final that I think goes the full 7.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:49 PM

41,984 posts, read 75,262,058 times
I'm pumped ... Go Flyers!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:24 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,421,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Devils & Brodeur.........GONE

Boston & Rask............GONE

Montreal & Halak........GONE

Watch out Chcago the Flyers and Scott Hartnell are coming to take a "bite" out of you next.
Preds and Rinne....... GONE

Canucks and Luongo....... GONE

Sharks and Nabokov....... GONE

Watch out Flyers... Byfuglien, Keith, Sharp, Kane, Toews, Hossa, Campbell, Sopel, Niemi, Bolland, Seabrook, etc, are coming for you. And with any luck the Cup will FINALLY come home to Chicago. Its been a long, painful 39 years.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:03 PM

14,187 posts, read 22,768,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Preds and Rinne....... GONE

Canucks and Luongo....... GONE

Sharks and Nabokov....... GONE

Watch out Flyers... Byfuglien, Keith, Sharp, Kane, Toews, Hossa, Campbell, Sopel, Niemi, Bolland, Seabrook, etc, are coming for you. And with any luck the Cup will FINALLY come home to Chicago. Its been a long, painful 39 years.
Chicago better hope that the Curse of Marian Hossa doesn't rear its ugly head in the Stanley Cup Finals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.