Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 08:28 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,446,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
whatever happened to that bum coach we fired?
He got hired by an organization that has a clue about hockey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 10:50 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
He got hired by an organization that has a clue about hockey.
They do? If they did they would have won a Cup once in the last 50 years.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
They do? If they did they would have won a Cup once in the last 50 years.
They're consistently more competitive than Minnesota is, not to mention the guy the Wild fired came right back and handed them a first round playoff KO last April. A testament to incompetence.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
They're consistently more competitive than Minnesota is, not to mention the guy the Wild fired came right back and handed them a first round playoff KO last April. A testament to incompetence.
Ok. Yeo had to go...it was clear to most people.

It's the nature of the game/League. Great coaches - Cup-winning coaches - are let go all the time, as are great players put on waivers. I can guarantee you there were tons of Blues fans who wanted nothing to do with Yeo. What has he ever done???

I think you could find a large percentage of Blues fans who have the exact opposite view of their franchise's output over the years as you are painting them out to be.

At least Boudreau won a Presidents Trophy and a Jack Adams Award, neither of which Yeo has ever done.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Ok. Yeo had to go...it was clear to most people.

It's the nature of the game/League. Great coaches - Cup-winning coaches - are let go all the time, as are great players put on waivers. I can guarantee you there were tons of Blues fans who wanted nothing to do with Yeo. What has he ever done???

I think you could find a large percentage of Blues fans who have the exact opposite view of their franchise's output over the years as you are painting them out to be.

At least Boudreau won a Presidents Trophy and a Jack Adams Award, neither of which Yeo has ever done.
Keeth, you're beginning to come across as a blind homer. Can you read the standings? St. Louis is ultra competitive under Yeo. Ok, they haven't won a Cup and their fans are understandably frustrated.....but they're worlds better than the Wild are in almost EVERY aspect of the game. It also appears that Doug Armstrong is a better judge of talent than Chuck Fletcher is. I'd swap just about anyone on the Wild's roster for just about anyone on theirs. Stastny, Bouwmeester, Schwartz, Berglund, Tarasenko, Schenn........I'll take 'em all over most of these ham & eggers Minnesota runs out there.

Catch those highlights of Haula lighting it up for Vegas last night while the Wild imploded upon themselves in the 3rd period again?

Nice job, Chuck!

Old 12-06-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Keeth, you're beginning to come across as a blind homer. Can you read the standings? St. Louis is ultra competitive under Yeo. Ok, they haven't won a Cup and their fans are understandably frustrated.....but they're worlds better than the Wild are in almost EVERY aspect of the game. It also appears that Doug Armstrong is a better judge of talent than Chuck Fletcher is. I'd swap just about anyone on the Wild's roster for just about anyone on theirs. Stastny, Bouwmeester, Schwartz, Berglund, Tarasenko, Schenn........I'll take 'em all over most of these ham & eggers Minnesota runs out there.

Catch those highlights of Haula lighting it up for Vegas last night while the Wild imploded upon themselves in the 3rd period again?

Nice job, Chuck!
I didn't want to see Haula go. Neither did I want to see Scandella go.

We can go on and on about STL and/or MN and competence or lack thereof so I will just agree to disagree with you.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:59 PM

https://champsorchumps.us/team/nhl/st-louis-blues

Just in case you are wondering, because I was. They haven't even been in a SCF in 47 years. I don't think Yeo. is going to change that, but that's justme.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:

Just in case you are wondering, because I was. They haven't even been in a SCF in 47 years. I don't think Yeo. is going to change that, but that's justme.
Yeah I already knew that, but thanks. If that makes you feel better about Minnesota's perpetually starless roster and current accelerated regression then so be it. I support the Wild and want them to succeed, but I am no homer. I am a realist, and reality dictates that it's the Wild who are the poster team for incompetence and lack of achievement throughout their existence. When the most marketable player you've ever had in 18 years of NHL hockey is Marian Gaborik you know something is askew with your ability to assess talent.

Sickeningly ironic then to see Gaborik looking like Wayne Gretzky vs. the Wild the other night in LA. He was literally laughing at them. I would have been, too.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Yeah I already knew that, but thanks. If that makes you feel better about Minnesota's perpetually starless roster and current accelerated regression then so be it. I support the Wild and want them to succeed, but I am no homer. I am a realist, and reality dictates that it's the Wild who are the poster team for incompetence and lack of achievement throughout their existence. When the most marketable player you've ever had in 18 years of NHL hockey is Marian Gaborik you know something is askew with your ability to assess talent.

Sickeningly ironic then to see Gaborik looking like Wayne Gretzky vs. the Wild the other night in LA. He was literally laughing at them. I would have been, too.
We made it to the WCF in our third season.

I'm just saying you could probably use a better example to compare the Wild to than the Blues. The Blues aren't elite and aren't one of the elite franchises and I don't think they have ever really been held in high regard. Even the Flyers have won a couple Cups and had more memorable players/seasons than the Blues.

Just so you know I was the biggest Gaborik fan and still have his jersey and never ever was on board with letting him go (though If I recall he wanted out of here - perhaps for the reasons you are citing, I can't recall).

Old 12-08-2017, 01:48 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:

a Minnesota hockey fan commenting on another team's lack of hardware or banners is laughably ironic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey