Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 06:54 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I'm all about personal responsibility. Part of that is knowing what decisions to make about your life, and the courage to choose the right ones. As far as your red herring of a question, you posed your opinion as FACT and thus is it up to you to present logical scientific evidence to support your claim. Note that opinion is not the same as fact.

Tell me, oh please do, what should be done with fertilized ova -- the unwanted "leftovers" of the fertility industry -- that are never going to be implanted in the donor?

You are mistaken and don't know what you are talking about, but that is no news flash.....you asked me a question. I replied and you never responded.

Part of being responsible is being accountable for your actions. As long as there is quick fixes out there to relieve someone of their poor choices then it will be much like a mouse running on a wheel.

What can be done with what you call *leftovers*? They have adoption programs that work wonderfully and many are choosing as an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 07:07 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
What can be done with what you call *leftovers*? They have adoption programs that work wonderfully and many are choosing as an option.
By god you're brilliant! I'll just run on down to the local fertility clinic and adopt a zygote. Good thinking there!

Old 08-25-2009, 07:10 AM

Quote:
By god you're brilliant! I'll just run on down to the local fertility clinic and adopt a zygote. Good thinking there!

Why the smartarse comment? It is the truth . It is a good option for those who have fertility issues.

You are a nasty, miserable person. God bless you.

eta:
you selectively omit the fact that you didn't answer my first question to you. LOL....

Old 08-25-2009, 07:22 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Why the smartarse comment? It is the truth . It is a good option for those who have fertility issues.
Oh brother. You just don't get it, do you? Someone would have to go through fertility treatments (expensive and often painful), and then have that fertilized ovum implanted. Then wait and tap their foot for a while to see if it "took". If not, go through the whole thing again. Who's going to pay for that? Who's going to volunteer to be the surrogate?

Quote:
You are a nasty, miserable person.
Actually, I'm a sensible, logical, PRACTICAL person who doesn't sob over every flake of skin that drops off of me, or drop of blood that I lose when I get a papercut. After all, those pieces of me are all "human life".

A little group of eight cells is not important, unless it is able to be used in stem cell research. THAT is what should be done with leftovers and throwaways. Save lives that already exist, not ones that will never exist. But of course people like you would rather "protect" not-yet-humans rather than face the fact that there are living, breathing human beings already alive and walking the earth that need help. Good on ya, mate. Good on ya.

Quote:
God bless you.
Pink elephants and fluffy purple unicorns bless you.

Quote:
eta:
you selectively omit the fact that you didn't answer my first question to you. LOL....
Sure I did. You just chose to ignore it.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Oh brother. You just don't get it, do you? Someone would have to go through fertility treatments (expensive and often painful), and then have that fertilized ovum implanted. Then wait and tap their foot for a while to see if it "took". If not, go through the whole thing again. Who's going to pay for that? Who's going to volunteer to be the surrogate?

You just proved your ignorance....thanks!

Sure I did. You just chose to ignore it.
No you did not...you asked me about taking care of pregnant women and then adopting their babies. I asked you...how do you know I do not do that? You did NOT answer that.....

wow, it is true...ignorance is bliss. LOL

Old 08-25-2009, 07:35 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,132,827 times
everyone has their own opinion on this--no need to berate the other--as a CHRISTIAN---all forms of life are precious(even the zygotes...as some people call them)----why not offer them to others---and as a MORALLY RESPONSIBLE PERSON----the owner of these HUMAN lives should share the financial responsibility cause implanted these "zygotes"would have been their children!

Science without personal morality hurts not helps man spiritually!

Old 08-25-2009, 08:28 AM

244 posts, read 299,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2long View Post
everyone has their own opinion on this--no need to berate the other--as a CHRISTIAN---all forms of life are precious(even the zygotes...as some people call them)----why not offer them to others---and as a MORALLY RESPONSIBLE PERSON----the owner of these HUMAN lives should share the financial responsibility cause implanted these "zygotes"would have been their children!

Science without personal morality hurts not helps man spiritually!
"As a Chrisitian..." all the world was created for the pleasure of Adam (even Eve), and therefore we get the attitude that nothing but human life is important. The world is not to be respected, but used to the whimsy of man. Check your Genesis.

Who really cares when life begins? Does it change the fact that abortion is the ending of a life, period? It's just that ending a life that we don't have to see because it was never born into the world makes it easier to get rid of.

I support abortion because there are too many people on earth as it is. What do you care if someone wants to go through having a little fetus sucked out of their womb? How many adopted children live in your home?

Some people will always be irresponsible no matter how much we wish they won't be, but we have to continue to live. Sure, drinking and driving kills people, and I sure wouldn't want to be on the other end of someone killing people I know and love. But does that mean that we can legislate and eradicate the production of a product that has been with us almost since the dawn of history? Good luck on that one.

Life isn't perfect, except in the Wonderland of religion, but that is just a dream. Deal with life and accept the things you can't change.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
And your proof that it starts at conception?

I'm a father of three and a grandfather as well. Not only have I "stood back and watch it happen", I've had to rush the wife to the hospital twice, once for a spontanious abortion, and the other for a stillborn.

BTW, better not cut your hair ever again, you're killing it.
No argument there at all....when you cut your hair, the part that's cut is dead. Likewise with trimmimg your nails, or having a tooth pulled, or undergoing an appendectomy...in each case, that which is 'cut off' is dead. When you have an abortion, that which was growing is now dead.

Other than the above facts, I'm not sure I get your point. When you kill a chicken, it's dead. But human babies, even in the embyonic stage, are not nail clippings, nor hair trimmings, nor chickens...so again, I fail to see your point. An abortion "kills something"...(if it didn't, you'd want your money back). The only argument is WHAT is killed. I say it's a human life. You obviously don't agree.

Not to sound unsympathetic here, but what does your rushing your wife to the hospital have to do with elective abortion? Surely a spontaneous abortion...or a stillbirth...aren't moral decisions. Your wife's condition wasn't the result of an act of will. In a discussion on 'murder', no one would present a story about how "my uncle died of a heart attack".

Abortion is a voluntary moral decision. The 'moral' part is what we're arguing here...not the fact that a death happened.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Educate yourself on the pregnancy process, its amazing we have babies at all. But saying that life begins at conception, is just asinine.
It may be asinine, but at least such an opinion is free. What's REALLY asinine is paying good money to have an abortion, to 'stop' (abort) something that, according to you, hasn't started yet. THAT'S not only asinine, it's expensive as well.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:28 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,051,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Is Abortion Murder? If Abortion Was Illegal...
If laws were legislated to prohibit abortion, some (women) will continue to have abortions and some people will perform abortions.
If these people are caught, would do you think the punishment should be for
- the woman who has the abortion
- the person(s) performing the abortion.
What charges should be brought against them? Murder?
t

I can answer that by asking this question : Is it EVER correct to murder another human being ? If it became illegal and the woman is caught, the punishment (besides her self inflicted emotional harm which WILL come) , should be a period of jail time and community service at a Crisis Pregnancy Center. The Murdering abortionist, should get the same.

Obama is a hypocrite ; he boldly says hes for ALL Americans..yet totally disregards the developing American in the womb who deserves to come down the birth canal and enter his homeland , regardless of the sexual hedonism that accounted for the Babys life. (95% of all abortions performed are due to sexual hedonism gone further wrong).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates