Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 04:07 AM

45 posts, read 75,282 times

Advertisements

A significant number of the instruments required during an abortion, are only used to create a pathway large enough for the actual killing instruments to enter the mother, and her baby to be removed. Those instruments will not be described here. The following descriptions relate only to the instruments which actually cause the death and/or removal of the child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 04:10 AM

45 posts, read 75,282 times
Cannula
This is simply a hollow plastic tube that is attached to a suction machine by a flexible hose. In early-term abortions it is used to kill and dismember the baby, and then suck it out of the mother's uterus. In later abortions where other techniques are used to kill and dismember the baby, the cannula/suction machine is used to vacuum out the uterus and make certain that no parts of the baby are left behind.
Curette
This is a metal rod with a handle on one end and a sharp loop on the other. It is used to scrape along the wall of the mother's uterus and dislodge her child.
Forceps
This is a metal instrument that resembles a pair of scissors but functions like a pair of pliers. They come in several different styles but regardless of design they are used to grasp, pull apart, and/or remove the baby. Forceps are especially useful in collapsing the skull and making it easier to pull the skull through the mother's cervix.
Syringe with Spinal Needle

This is a large capacity syringe with a long needle attached. In some abortion procedures it is used to drain off amniotic fluid from the mother's uterus and replace it with either a saline or urea solution. However, its more common use is for injecting chemical agents (digoxin, potassium chloride, etc.) into the heart of the baby. In both instances, these chemicals serve two purposes. First, their use greatly reduces the chance that the baby might be born alive. And second, these chemicals soften the child's corpse and make it easier to rip apart and/or remove.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:38 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
War is the biggest abortion of all.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:51 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katandmike View Post
Cannula
This is simply a hollow plastic tube that is attached to a suction machine by a flexible hose. In early-term abortions it is used to kill and dismember the baby, and then suck it out of the mother's uterus. In later abortions where other techniques are used to kill and dismember the baby, the cannula/suction machine is used to vacuum out the uterus and make certain that no parts of the baby are left behind.
Curette
This is a metal rod with a handle on one end and a sharp loop on the other. It is used to scrape along the wall of the mother's uterus and dislodge her child.
Forceps
This is a metal instrument that resembles a pair of scissors but functions like a pair of pliers. They come in several different styles but regardless of design they are used to grasp, pull apart, and/or remove the baby. Forceps are especially useful in collapsing the skull and making it easier to pull the skull through the mother's cervix.
Syringe with Spinal Needle

This is a large capacity syringe with a long needle attached. In some abortion procedures it is used to drain off amniotic fluid from the mother's uterus and replace it with either a saline or urea solution. However, its more common use is for injecting chemical agents (digoxin, potassium chloride, etc.) into the heart of the baby. In both instances, these chemicals serve two purposes. First, their use greatly reduces the chance that the baby might be born alive. And second, these chemicals soften the child's corpse and make it easier to rip apart and/or remove.
1. Abortion is not murder. Feel more than free to show on which municipality's law books abortion shows up as muder.

2. Late term abortions make up less than One Percent of abortions, and are done under very strict controls as to WHY they are performed. So please, spare us the demagogary and propeganda.

3. I never hear you people speak out against China's euthenasia program, the State mandated "population control" that sees chemicals injected into a newborn's skull if the parents are over their limit and/or have an unauthorized child.

4. I never hear you hysterical people EVER speak out against China's other, non-state sanctioned euthenasia program, leaving female babies out to die of exposure.

"But China is a whole 'nother country" I always hear you people claim. Yes, another country currently relying heavily on the US for jobs.

You people have much more of a chance of "doing good" by pressuring your representatives to impose tarrifs and other controls on China to influence their euthenasia programs, than you do of getting Roe vs Wade over turned and returning abortions to back allys and bathrooms.

OR, you can actually HELP REDUCE OR ELIMINATE ABORTIONS by helping to educate people. And please, your hysterical rants are NOT education, they are propeganda. I speak of Sex Ed and other such targeted education. Otherwise, you people are only interested in control, not "saving babies".

Old 09-07-2009, 05:00 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
1. Abortion is not murder. Feel more
3. I never hear you people speak out against China's euthenasia program, the State mandated "population control" that sees chemicals injected into a newborn's skull if the parents are over their limit and/or have an unauthorized child.

4. I never hear you hysterical people EVER speak out against China's other, non-state sanctioned euthenasia program, leaving female babies out to die of exposure.

"But China is a whole 'nother country" I always hear you people claim. Yes, another country currently relying heavily on the US for jobs.
babies".
By ALL MEANS...allow "us people" to set you straight. Most of us are VERY much against abortion whether it occurs in China, Finland, or Beverly Hills. I assumed YOU people knew that....guess that's what happens when one assumes.

YES..I'm opposed to abortion wherever it occurs. I'm also opposed to female genital mutilation, (with or without the consent of the female), sex with children and farm animals, wife beating, and honor killings. I'm opposed to spitting on the sidewalk, failure to flush urinals, and ritual murder. I'm also opposed to nuclear war, defecating in public, and burning down the homes of those whom one disagrees with.

I realize I don't often speak of these things...(guess I just assumed you'd KNOW these things aren't 'my style').....nor do I often mention my feelings regarding government-coerced abortion in China...but I ASSURE you, that doesn't mean I 'go along' with these things.

Sorry If "us people", by our failure to speak out on abortion in China, led you to believe that that meant we were 'OK' with it. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:13 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
By ALL MEANS...allow "us people" to set you straight. Most of us are VERY much against abortion whether it occurs in China, Finland, or Beverly Hills. I assumed YOU people knew that....guess that's what happens when one assumes.

YES..I'm opposed to abortion wherever it occurs. I'm also opposed to female genital mutilation, (with or without the consent of the female), sex with children and farm animals, wife beating, and honor killings. I'm opposed to spitting on the sidewalk, failure to flush urinals, and ritual murder. I'm also opposed to nuclear war, defecating in public, and burning down the homes of those whom one disagrees with.

I realize I don't often speak of these things...(guess I just assumed you'd KNOW these things aren't 'my style').....nor do I often mention my feelings regarding government-coerced abortion in China...but I ASSURE you, that doesn't mean I 'go along' with these things.

Sorry If "us people", by our failure to speak out on abortion in China, led you to believe that that meant we were 'OK' with it. Nothing could be further from the truth.
And when's the last time YOU spoke out?

I've already emailed, mailed, and phoned my reps about it.

What have YOU done? If you were truely agasint abortions, as opposed to merely looking for control, you would educate yoruself on the matter.

BTW, "us" people, pro-lifers who know we won't get rid of abortions by continually trying to challenge Roe vs Wade (which has stood, and will stand, against all legal challenges), or attempt to sicken people by showing pictures, or attempt to badger women by standing outside of abortion clinics (or blow them up), or use highly over inflated "statistics" realize that education is the key, including a well rounded Sex Ed program.

Constantly crying "murder" is a simple demagogery that is not only ineffective, but COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE as well. People clam up and tune out when this kind of crud is thrown about.

BTW. Mr. or Mrs. concerned anti-choicer, where is the current demographic that contains the most abortions? IOW, who is getting the most abortions? Where should targeted, rational, non-emotionally based education be targeted?

Old 09-07-2009, 07:01 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
War is the biggest abortion of all.
No, actually that's not true.

There are more unborn babies killed in the United States - every week - than the total number of soldiers killed in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

But I digress...

Old 09-07-2009, 07:08 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,698,523 times
It maybe a murder but abortion sometimes is the best choice to do. For example, sometimes there are cases when the woman cannot birth the child for if she does she may die. So thereby, the best choice is to abort. Also sometimes it is good to abort because if the child is brought to the world then the child is going to suffer so in this case abortion is the best choice.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:11 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
It maybe a murder but abortion sometimes is the best choice to do. For example, sometimes there are cases when the woman cannot birth the child for if she does she may die. So thereby, the best choice is to abort. Also sometimes it is good to abort because if the child is brought to the world then the child is going to suffer so in this case abortion is the best choice.
Every human is going to, on multiple levels, suffer throughout their lifetime. So if we're going to abort the babies who - as born persons - might or will suffer, we better terminate every single pregnancy.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:17 PM

691 posts, read 2,328,741 times
If there was a genetic test today, that could be done on a fetus, that would detect anti-social personality disorder, as most serial killers/rapists/child molesters have, would you want that child to be born or terminated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates