Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 12:40 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
No one has drop a hydrogen bomb on a city, it doesn't mean it can't be done

I have to keep repeating myself, because your "examples" are insufficient at disproving my points.

You want to claim that a handful of cells are the same as a human being, then you need to prove it.
They are a human being. They are a genetically distinct human life, but I'm not claiming they're the same as you and me.

You want to claim they're no different than a lump of arm flesh, which is patently idiotic. However I've tried to argue against what you're saying as if it were something valid that needs a response. I've given you sources, etc for that goal. That you find them "insufficient" means nothing seeing as you give no real response to any of them or to why you find them insufficient. You just simply repeat the same thing over and over as a response.

My mistake was to treat you as if you're making any kind of argument, even an ignorant one, when you are patently refusing to do any such thing. You feel you're right and that's it. Nothing could be "sufficient" as "insufficient" itself is largely just a way of saying "I won't ever consider anything else on this issue." Now I've done that "insufficient, let's end this" thing myself at times so I can't criticize it too much. It means there's some core issue where common ground can not be reached and further discussion is a waste of time. Very well then. I agree discussing this further with you is a waste of time. I know what I know and presumably you know what you know. The End.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 07:27 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
As far as I know, prior to 1973 in those states that banned abortions, a person providing an abortion service was not charged with "murder". (This is ignoring the rape/incest and deformaty allowances held by many states).

This whole demegogery of "murder" didn't begin in earnest until abortion became politicised and the religious right (sic) became invovled heavily in politics.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:42 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
They are a human being. They are a genetically distinct human life, but I'm not claiming they're the same as you and me.

You want to claim they're no different than a lump of arm flesh, which is patently idiotic.
However I've tried to argue against what you're saying as if it were something valid that needs a response. I've given you sources, etc for that goal. That you find them "insufficient" means nothing seeing as you give no real response to any of them or to why you find them insufficient. You just simply repeat the same thing over and over as a response.

My mistake was to treat you as if you're making any kind of argument, even an ignorant one, when you are patently refusing to do any such thing. You feel you're right and that's it. Nothing could be "sufficient" as "insufficient" itself is largely just a way of saying "I won't ever consider anything else on this issue." Now I've done that "insufficient, let's end this" thing myself at times so I can't criticize it too much. It means there's some core issue where common ground can not be reached and further discussion is a waste of time. Very well then. I agree discussing this further with you is a waste of time. I know what I know and presumably you know what you know. The End.
Your argument is consist of you screaming "it is human life" over and over. Which I have told you it is not an argument.

Again you have only succeed at calling my idea, and myself stupid. You have not made a point which I can show is flawed.
I have highlighted the part which shows you what I mean.

The cells in my blood are "genetically distinct human life", yet if I decided to subject some of it to a test, and kill a few million of them, I'm not coincided a murder... some reason you have made an objection to these cells, and I want to know why.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:02 PM

22 posts, read 19,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Without even clicking on that link i can tell it will be a biased source.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:07 PM

22 posts, read 19,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Thou shalt not commit murder or do anything like unto it.

My thoughts, only if the pregnancy occured during a rape, or if the mothers life would be in danger if the pregnancy continues.
so you are willing to commit sin and not listen to your religion if YOU feel you have a legitimate reason?

I see that all of the time with religious folk

Old 01-05-2010, 02:53 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
If someone harms or causes the death of an unborn child, that person can be charged with a criminal act up to and including 1st Degree Murder.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:17 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
If someone harms or causes the death of an unborn child, that person can be charged with a criminal act up to and including 1st Degree Murder.
it is not murder, abortion is legal. it is a fetus that can not live outside the womb. once it s born I can support you 100%

Old 01-05-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it is not murder, abortion is legal. it is a fetus that can not live outside the womb. once it s born I can support you 100%
Other than a defined, voluntary, legal abortion, if someone, even the mother is certain cases, causes harm or death to the unborn child, they can be charged with a CRIME - a criminal act, in over 1/2 of the states in the United States today.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:44 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Other than a defined, voluntary, legal abortion, if someone, even the mother is certain cases, causes harm or death to the unborn child, they can be charged with a CRIME - a criminal act, in over 1/2 of the states in the United States today.

other than defined? not sure what that could be? ...a coat hanger abortion like women did in the old days when there was no choice?
the thread is about abortion not "other acts"

Old 01-05-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
other than defined? not sure what that could be? ...a coat hanger abortion like women did in the old days when there was no choice?
the thread is about abortion not "other acts"
Yes - a coat hanger abortion is some states can be prosecuted criminally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates