Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:09 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times

Advertisements

Summary so far: The question of punishment for abortion arises...and no one knows what to do!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,423,872 times
It should be what they did to kevorkian. essentially it's the same thing. I know the fetus isn't termanlly ill (to head off the flood of responses) but the result is the same.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:34 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Summary so far: The question of punishment for abortion arises...and no one knows what to do!!!
That is mainly because no one was discussing your OP. All we had were the same old rehashed abortion talks going again. So here is an answer to your OP.

Yes, abortion is murder. I know many pro choicers would like to dress it up and make it something different but that's just to bad. If you can't deal with your actions being labeled as what they are, seek other means of taking care of your problem. But it is murder, none the less.

As far as punishment goes, I think we might have to make up something new which includes different levels of punishment. Perhaps a first time offender would be charged with misdemeanor fetal destruction, receive a suspended prison sentence and have to perform community service while on unsupervised probation. For two time offenders, the penalty should be a bit more steep. Minimum 6 months to a year in prison, 2 years supervised probation upon release, community service, etc. And for those 3 timers well, that's habitual. Simply put, they have demonstrated both a lack of responsibility as well as any desire to bear children and thus, should be handled in such a way as to prevent them being any further burden to the state. Perhaps sterilization would be the best way to go in this situation. But, I am sure there are fairly few people who actually have 3 abortions in their lifetimes. Although, I do know a girl who had three before she was 18 years old. If this sounds harsh, that's because it is. But you asked for possible punishments and I have presented you with possibilities. Perhaps if there were measures in place to make women think twice about abortion, we could save a few lives. Same concept we use for drunk drivers, drug dealers, etc. Except with abortion, we are talking about the ending of a life that never got a chance to begin.

PS. There would of course be concessions made for women with extenuating circumstances such as rape. Or if carrying a child is a direct threat to the women's life. I don't believe in abortion, but I also don't believe in suicide or rape. If carrying a child is going to be to much for your body, you should have the right to stop the process. And if the child you are carrying came from a monster who raped you against your will, you should not have to carry that person's child.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:22 PM

227 posts, read 535,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
That is mainly because no one was discussing your OP. All we had were the same old rehashed abortion talks going again. So here is an answer to your OP.
Exactly - REHASH! No satisfaction in the poop throwing sand box of the Atheist verses Religious section of this forum so move it elsewhere and see what kind of a rise you get out of others. Totally lame as usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH
Yes, abortion is murder. I know many pro choicers would like to dress it up and make it something different but that's just to bad. If you can't deal with your actions being labeled as what they are, seek other means of taking care of your problem. But it is murder, none the less.
Although I personally don't like abortion, it's none of my business what someone else does. But clearly there are many with accountability issues and they won't leave this topic alone. So they bring it up here to prosyletized their A and A religious worldview. I'm surprize more of them are'nt siding with reestablishment of a strong eugenics program straight out of the Soviet Union and with all it's former satellite state worship. Sooner or later it'll come to that. From what I've seen of some of these Atheist/Religious posters down below, if they had an AK47 Assault Rifle and could get away with it, they'd take out anyone not holding to their commie world view. And they're supposed to be the higher learning gang and above everyone else. lol

Old 06-24-2009, 01:09 PM

353 posts, read 552,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
People are tired of the same old discussion and this is just another way to bait people into it.
I happen to have time to waste right now so I'll indulge you.
If abortion is deemed murder and made illegal the answer is obvious. You convict the doctor and the mother for murder.
If its made illegal but not classed as murder you treat the fetus like any other body part.
You can't go and voluntarily have your kidneys taken out. You can't cut of an appendage without a medical reason, you can't have an eyeball removed because of the speck in it. There's laws against all that.
The same type of law would apply to illegally aborting a fetus. Jail time, fines and the doctor loses his licsense.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,051,400 times
"Is Abortion Murder? If Abortion Was Illegal...
If laws were legislated to prohibit abortion, some (women) will continue to have abortions and some people will perform abortions." (Quote)

Yes, the willful cutting off of ANY developing human life , is murder., regardless of size . Because a human being is such AT conception when 26 chromosomes of each person come together to form a new life, it is the taking of a Human Being . If abortion were prohibited by Law, it might make the common Sexual Hedonist have reservations about running the risk of getting pregnant since 95% of ALL abortions peformed are as a result of willful illicit sex gone (further) wrong. Our HUGE out of control immoral-encouraging Media should be reprimanded by our now spineless Government .. and be forced to stop glamorizing such things as teen sex, adultery, swinging, and other perversions... if we are to slow down the degradation that is ruining America. Further, besides outlawing the killing of the most innocent in society (the unborn developing American)...national Moral Laws need to be legislated to FORCE our nations willful Sexual Hedonist/Predators to live correctly and to stop twisting their granted freedom for one of immoral entitlement. I believe if our Founding Fathers could see what America has become, they would be utterly sorrowful . Such is what occurs when God is no longer desired.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:11 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
How far are you people going to take this? Life from conception on. Are you also willing to not only ban regular BC pills which MIGHT prevent implantation, but the Morning After Pill too, which is nothing more than a double dose BC Pill. How can you know when conception has taken place, or even a pregnancy in the first few days or weeks?

Then there is the matter of "life of the mother". Want to ban that too? Want to go through a panel of expects to declare that? Will you risk a woman's DEATH waiting for this? Or does HER death not matter more than the zygote, blastocsyst, embryo, or fetus. How about fetal deformities? FORCE all these childrent to be born? Are YOU willing to pay for their care if the parents can't/don't want to?

Way back when before Roe there was still a provision for life of the mother. They called it theurapetic abortion. Any woman with enough money could pay a doctor to say that a pregnancy would endanger her life. I suppose you would want to end that too.

Clueless.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 AM

1,668 posts, read 4,706,626 times
What an old topic. It's a womans body. Her choice. Not anyone elses business. Peroid.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:53 PM

341 posts, read 452,401 times
Sorry, but abortion will never become illegal in the USA.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:01 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
What an old topic. It's a womans body. Her choice. Not anyone elses business. Peroid.

Yes, that is correct.

Quote:
Sorry, but abortion will never become illegal in the USA.
No, it won't.
That is also correct.

We're on a roll here; who wants to try for three out of three?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates