Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 PM

341 posts, read 452,471 times

Advertisements

LOL @ Jane. Hmmmm...me me me!!!

Abortion does NOT make someone a babykiller!
It also doesn't classify as genocide & you CAN
be a Christian and be Pro-Choice..such as I am!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 09:30 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth7 View Post
I believe that abortion is murder, and here in England we have one of the highest abortion rates in the world, and it's rising.

As to the punishment for an illegal abortion, I have no answer, but the society that legally exterminates its most vulnerable and helpless is not a society at all and it has no business sitting in judgement on the Third Reich.
can u please tell me what the world would do with all the unwanted children if abortions were illegal world wide!!! is the church going to raise them.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:56 AM

226 posts, read 893,893 times
Abortion is murder Yes. Killing another person is murder. The unborn child is still a child. If someone kills a pregnant woman that person can be charged with double homicide.

How can it be homicide on the one hand and a choice on the same hand? The logic is twisted.

What about the father does he have any say? Pro Choice woman say it's their body and their business but they can't speak for the child. The child's right to live is completely usurped by the totalitarian mother and the child murdered at will.

The pro choice mother carries the child in her womb and therefore can't see the baby beneath the skin so it's easier to dismiss as just a choice and not a child with no personal attachment or feelings involved.

I think most abortions are for stupid reasons like "I cant have a baby right now I'm still in college it will ruin my life", One night stands or ex boyfriend that dumped or got dumped.

The extremely rare cases of incest or forced rape are cited as the reasons we need legal abortion the most but most pro choice abortion ladies are ridding themselves of a bump in the road.

How extremely sad that a nation that fights for democracy around the world and promotes freedom can't even allow a baby the right to life!

America: Land of the free and home of the brave. So free that murder has become a choice.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirelez View Post
Abortion is murder Yes.
No, it's not.

Quote:
Killing another person is murder. The unborn child is still a child. If someone kills a pregnant woman that person can be charged with double homicide.
Nice sweeping generalization. It depends on a lot of factors, including the laws where it happens and how far along the pregnancy was. Get a grip, abortion is here to stay because it's a necessary thing. Don't like it? Well, then don't get one.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
Birth control fails at times. Abortion enables a woman to opt out of pregnancy. It's a good thing. We have too many people as it is.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:09 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,517,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Is Abortion Murder? If Abortion Was Illegal...
If laws were legislated to prohibit abortion, some (women) will continue to have abortions and some people will perform abortions.
If these people are caught, would do you think the punishment should be for
- the woman who has the abortion
- the person(s) performing the abortion.
What charges should be brought against them? Murder?

Yes, abortion is murder.

And unfortunately there will always be some unethical doctor & back alley or somewhere across the *border* to go to a butcher shop and have this done. There are many alternatives to abortion and people should be made aware and knowledgeable of them.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Yes, abortion is murder.

And unfortunately there will always be some unethical doctor & back alley or somewhere across the *border* to go to a butcher shop and have this done. There are many alternatives to abortion and people should be made aware and knowledgeable of them.
All ya'll who are so against abortion had better find yourself some pregnant women who don't want their children, pay their living and medical expenses when they're pregnant, and then adopt their child when it's born. After all, it's murder if you let them have an abortion!

Put your money where your mouths are. After all, think of the chilllllllldrennnnn!!!

Old 08-19-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
No, it's not.

Nice sweeping generalization. It depends on a lot of factors, including the laws where it happens and how far along the pregnancy was. Get a grip, abortion is here to stay because it's a necessary thing. Don't like it? Well, then don't get one.
I am not concerned with what one state says is double homicide based on how far along the pregnancy is. A child is a child and abortion is murder if you kill the child. So murder is murder or you say it's not murder so we will call it termination of life. The life is terminated whether I live in Montana or California. Laws are made by people and opinions change from one area to another.

You write that abortion isn't murder so tell me when does life begin according to the latest scientific facts which is not just opinion but is universal wherever you live? Also if it's determined that life has began as at certain point would terminating the life without the child's consent be a forceful act against the child or not?

Old 08-19-2009, 09:20 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,517,434 times
Quote:
All ya'll who are so against abortion had better find yourself some pregnant women who don't want their children, pay their living and medical expenses when they're pregnant, and then adopt their child when it's born. After all, it's murder if you let them have an abortion!

Put your money where your mouths are. After all, think of the chilllllllldrennnnn!!!

How do you know that I don't do that?

Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:

Oh yeah people would never take care of somebody elses kid right? That never happens.

The parent is still responsible for the child if abortion was illegal.
Just because the parent would be charged with murder if she aborted it doesn't mean somebody else is responsible for her getting pregnant. If it were forced rape then yes somebody could help her out if she didn't have support of loved ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates