Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2018, 09:30 AM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
This is all great until you accidentally shoot an innocent and have years worth of lawsuits in front of you on a teachers salary.
Exactly. And where this is allowed to be put in place, a few gruesome situations will arise and the scenario you post will occur.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,469 times
Quote:
This is all great until you accidentally shoot an innocent and have years worth of lawsuits in front of you on a teachers salary.
Letting a shooter shoot till he runs out bullets isn’t a better option. It really is mind boggling that your concern is with a friendly fire when a shooter is mowing people down. You really need a perspective check.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:38 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Exactly. And where this is allowed to be put in place, a few gruesome situations will arise and the scenario you post will occur.
I’m beginning to think you are more worried about that poor shooter getting shot.

Old 03-09-2018, 10:32 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,490,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Letting a shooter shoot till he runs out bullets isn’t a better option. It really is mind boggling that your concern is with a friendly fire when a shooter is mowing people down. You really need a perspective check.
It is really amazing with how much you just wanna' be a hero and do not even consider the consequences of firing a gun in a crowded school. This is not a cop movie, they do not take your badge and gun and put you on paid probation when you kill a student in real life...

Old 03-09-2018, 10:34 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,490,837 times
Quote:
I’m beginning to think you are more worried about that poor shooter getting shot.
The fact is you do not care about the shooter or the students, you care about your "Right" to carry your pacifier.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:40 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,871,219 times
Quote:
It is really amazing with how much you just wanna' be a hero and do not even consider the consequences of firing a gun in a crowded school. This is not a cop movie, they do not take your badge and gun and put you on paid probation when you kill a student in real life...
Really? Because It's common sense.

(purely hypothetical scenario for arguments sake)
But if my kid was ever in a school while a shooting was going on, I would want someone shooting back at the shooter.

It's insane to think we can't interfere because something bad might happen, when the alternative to do nothing and wait means innocent kids are helplessly slaughtered.

So many people in this country would rather be victims than to be self sufficient and capable.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Not all of us partake in Yosemite Sam thinking.

The theme that runs throughout your posts is, to put it simply, akin to wild west scenarios.

I don't want guns blazing around our children. I mean, what could go wrong?

A professional police officer in each school. That's what we need.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:12 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,871,219 times
Quote:

The theme that runs throughout your posts is, to put it simply, akin to wild west scenarios.

I agree that we need more police officers in school but it's foolish to only depend on others who can't be everywhere at all times and with no guarantee to their actions.
There were professional police officers in parkland. Did they protect the children? How did that turn out?

NO ONE sane wants guns a blazing around kids. no one So your Yosemite sam comment is a prejudicial red herring to your disdain for gun owners.

No one wants a shoot out around kids. Period. The only thing worse than a shoot out, is a defenseless slaughter with no one shooting back.

Its an old quote but it's still true as human nature since that really never changes. There are 3 types of people in the world;
Sheep
Wolves
Sheep dogs

You can ignore the danger but it's still there lurking. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:38 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,640,902 times
Quote:

That's flippant and condescending. Maybe you're too fearful of your own safety to step up but there are folks who are willing to become trained to intervene in a deadly situation. They are willing to make themselves a target instead of the kids. They deserve your respect, not your arrogant dismissal.

It's also pointless to say you don't want bullets flying around when there is already a mass murderer strolling the school killing the first person he sees. Too late.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:46 PM

Guns and children don't mix. Ever. I don't want kindergartners being around adults with guns. Unless it's the policeman is your friend situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates