Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 06:17 AM

469 posts, read 467,079 times

Advertisements

Why be so defensive? I didnt say I disagreed with you on how Desantis has handled this. I am making the point that China isn't a valid comparison and that it is very difficult to implement the same measures in the USA based on our type of government and the culture of our people. Even in left wing Democrat places like LA they are having problems. You come on the Florida forum frequently with political diatribes and then get into arguments with anyone who even might dare to disagree with you. Sorry I bothered you, m' Lord.. And by the way, please stop with the page long diatribes that have a half dozen or more links in them. You could save a lot of time by just making the point that you think Desantis sucks and then move along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 07:37 AM

42 posts, read 33,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniceman View Post
Why be so defensive? I didnt say I disagreed with you on how Desantis has handled this. I am making the point that China isn't a valid comparison and that it is very difficult to implement the same measures in the USA based on our type of government and the culture of our people. Even in left wing Democrat places like LA they are having problems. You come on the Florida forum frequently with political diatribes and then get into arguments with anyone who even might dare to disagree with you. Sorry I bothered you, m' Lord.. And by the way, please stop with the page long diatribes that have a half dozen or more links in them. You could save a lot of time by just making the point that you think Desantis sucks and then move along.
agreed with point, but it's funny because that's what people on internet forums do all the time and that pretty much exist for all kinds of posters -some posters on the internet take things a bit too seriously as if it's real life, when it's no such thing lol - it's the damn internet

Old 01-07-2021, 07:56 AM

469 posts, read 467,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
So who are you going to blame when President elect Joe Biden gets in? Or is Covid going to be gone when he's our President? I look forward to seeing what happens and hope for the best.

Yeah. What we really need is one party rule. Everything will be perfect then. In reality both of these political parties need each other. They have to have someone to blame when things go awry. I'm neither Democrat nor Republican and if I could find a way to destroy both of these parties and still have a country I would do it. Both of them have given us a massive debt that threatens to destroy our entire way of life and yet you can't get anyone to admit it's their fault. As I said, they need each other to pass blame onto.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:38 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
...same dog...different collar

Old 01-07-2021, 10:17 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
22 states have a higher death rate than Florida....even twice as high as Florida

...that's about half the states in this country....which puts Florida..with the highest elder population...dead center

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

Old 01-07-2021, 10:54 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,081,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
22 states have a higher death rate than Florida....even twice as high as Florida

...that's about half the states in this country....which puts Florida..with the highest elder population...dead center

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/
Speaks volumes about all the DeSantis complaining.

Old 01-07-2021, 03:17 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post
Speaks volumes about all the DeSantis complaining.
It's all just an excuse to bash a GOP governor. They don't need facts.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:07 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
DeSantis let each county decide how to roll out the vaccine. Here in Alachua County, they are setting up appointments. I got an email from the county about a month ago to register so I could be contacted once they were ready. Then, about a week ago received another email that either the county health department or my doctor would be contacting me to schedule an appointment.

Lo and behold, got the email from my doctor tonight and appointment is scheduled in 2 weeks.

Great job (so far) Alachua County and thank you Gov. DeSantis!

Old 01-08-2021, 08:02 AM

3,438 posts, read 2,409,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
DeSantis let each county decide how to roll out the vaccine. Here in Alachua County, they are setting up appointments. I got an email from the county about a month ago to register so I could be contacted once they were ready. Then, about a week ago received another email that either the county health department or my doctor would be contacting me to schedule an appointment.

Lo and behold, got the email from my doctor tonight and appointment is scheduled in 2 weeks.

Great job (so far) Alachua County and thank you Gov. DeSantis!
They tried that in Sumter County the other day, very late at night. The phone lines opened, most people got a busy signal, and the phone lines were shut off within 2 hours because all THREE HUNDRED appointments were filled.

That's it. An entire phone line opened up so that 300 of around 100,000 could get a chance at winning a shot in the arm. Literally.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:04 AM

25 posts, read 17,641 times
Why do I have the feeling the world will be a much better place once you all get your vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida