Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 08:28 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
They tried that in Sumter County the other day, very late at night. The phone lines opened, most people got a busy signal, and the phone lines were shut off within 2 hours because all THREE HUNDRED appointments were filled.

That's it. An entire phone line opened up so that 300 of around 100,000 could get a chance at winning a shot in the arm. Literally.
Take it up with your elected county officials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 08:46 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,194,578 times
Ghaati, Alachua was different than Sumpter. Email was entirely used, not phone.

I think we citizens are seeing just how well run, or not, our counties are operating. Complain to your local politicians—they are the ones responsible.

I’ve read arguments that the state should have decided for the whole state what procedures to follow with this roll out. Well, I just watched the mayor of NYC plead on TV with the governor of New York to give him the freedom to decide on the priority of vaccinations. So you can’t win either way.

Opps, yes you can according to the media—NY good, FLA bad. Wonder why....

Old 01-08-2021, 01:06 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
I'm not overly fond of my county's current leadership but at least the health department seems pretty with it when it comes to having a vaccine plan, unlike in other counties nearby.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:37 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,935 times
Just heard on the news that there are people who cannot get a vaccination in their home state so it's being suggested to hop on a plane and come on down to FL to get it.

I'm in Sarasota and their system is a mess. They open up a website at 3:30 and it's a free for all. Tens of thousands of people going after 800 doses.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:04 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
you'd prefer to place more restrictions on availability and have someone else schedule when you can get a shot? How does late June sound?

Old 01-09-2021, 07:58 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Here's some morning reading.

Rick Scott, whose former administration is the architect of the archaic-by-design unemployment system that made us a national embarrassment months ago, "demands a federal probe of Florida's vaccine distribution."

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...n-probe-456027

"Foreign nationals getting their COVID shots in Florida"

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...6u-story.html?

By the way, if your only response is to attack the source, like that other person multiple pages back, your response is invalid.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:23 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
And then apparently rich New Yorkers flying down in their private jets for their one day nursing home admission to jump the line

https://pagesix.com/2021/01/04/bill-...for-rich-pals/

Old 01-09-2021, 11:14 AM

3,437 posts, read 2,407,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Take it up with your elected county officials.
I don't live in Sumter County. I'm also not in need of the vaccine at the moment, I'm not at risk and will gladly wait until those who are at risk, are helped first.

The reason this is such a mess is because it's "each to their own" with regards to distribution. There is no statewide coordination effort. The person with the authority to coordinate a statewide effort would be DeSantis. And that's exactly what this thread is about.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:51 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
I don't live in Sumter County. I'm also not in need of the vaccine at the moment, I'm not at risk and will gladly wait until those who are at risk, are helped first.

The reason this is such a mess is because it's "each to their own" with regards to distribution. There is no statewide coordination effort. The person with the authority to coordinate a statewide effort would be DeSantis. And that's exactly what this thread is about.
I don’t think there necessarily needs to be a statewide method, but the state could be looking to assist those counties that are having trouble. For example, with DeSantis’s spat with the CNN reporter, instead of being argumentative like Trump when the reporter asked him why there were lines in specific counties, he could have said something to the tune of “the situation in those counties are unfortunate, and my administration will be contacting those entities to see how we can more effectively distribute the vaccines.”

Old 01-09-2021, 06:54 PM

3,437 posts, read 2,407,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
I don’t think there necessarily needs to be a statewide method, but the state could be looking to assist those counties that are having trouble. For example, with DeSantis’s spat with the CNN reporter, instead of being argumentative like Trump when the reporter asked him why there were lines in specific counties, he could have said something to the tune of “the situation in those counties are unfortunate, and my administration will be contacting those entities to see how we can more effectively distribute the vaccines.”
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida