Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 08:58 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Amazing. And yet countless people fly into tropical locales and islands a lot hotter and closer to the equator every year.

In fact, countless millions live in climates far hotter than anything Florida can dish out. Miraculously, they survive.
Big difference between survive and thrive ... you don't think those countless millions would get out of those infernos if they had the means and the education ?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:06 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
No. Why would they want to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Big difference between survive and thrive ... you don't think those countless millions would get out of those infernos if they had the means and the education ?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:16 AM

677 posts, read 934,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
You come to a forum that is about Florida, a place where full time Floridians come to regularly, you make wild assumptions and exaggerate the situation and then expect nobody to come by and say they disagree with you?

I am sure if I went to the Delaware forum and said "Delaware is a hell hole"
I would get some responses that do not favor my opinion.

The "Clan" you refer to here are people who live here full time, have lived here full time for a while and know what they are talking about and we provide factual information to refute the claims of visitors and non-residents as well as those malcontents who live here and still see a different picture than most of us.

I read a posting from a user here that "there are no trees in Florida".
Now isn't that the most ridiculous thing you ever heard? Someone had to point out the fact that the Ocala National Forest is here along with other
huge state and federal forests.

So, if someone posts something along the lines of "we were at the gates of hell", someone is most likely going to advise you exactly what the temperatures are like at certain times of the year so that other readers
can have the full story and be able to make conclusions as to what may be correct and what may be nonsense.

I for one, would not want the world to think that Key West, or any where in Fl for that matter, is this horrible place of extremes that some tend to
state it is.
I come here & post "my experience", that seems to be the part I can't get thru your head, why the mental blockage on those 2 words huh? You nor anyone else can't challenge me on what I went thru, it's as simple as that. You can bask yourselves 24/7 in hot humid climates, soak up all the sunrays you want & speak of how much a enjoyable experience it is FOR YOU, but don't expect everyone to share your views. If someone say's DE sucks big time I'm not about to challenge how they feel, could care less, will only read their opinions, may ask them questions why they feel the way they do but I'm not going to tell them they're exaggerating cause I didn't go thru what they did. And there is no assumption on my part, what am I assuming?

Now you need to come clean, you are above the norm of any Floridian that has natural affection for their state, you've got a hidden agenda I suspect, are you a realtor or travel agency operator? Cause if not then you are the most overzealous poster on the FL forums, but why is the question?

See it's statements such as this that tells us there must be a alterior motive:
"I for one, would not want the world to think that Key West, or any where in Fl for that matter, is this horrible place of extremes that some tend to
state it is.[/quote]"

Tell me why does this matter so much to you what they think? What's in it for you? Answer that.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:23 AM

I have no mental block. I am simply providing reality vs experience.

I can challenge anything I want and I certainly do challenge your opinion.

Yes, the FL experience has been and is great for me. I don't expect you to share your views on that.

As far as a hidden agenda or other motives, I don't have one. I am in marketing, not real estate or tourism. I just happen to like the state of FL and what it offers me. I won't sit back while someone makes, what is in my personal opinion, exaggeration without responding to it.

Why I am an over-zealous poster supporting FL? Because there are other over-zealous posters who like to berate and bash the great state of Florida.

It does matter to me what others think because others come to this forum for the sole purpose of obtaining correct and accurate information about Florida (in this case) and I am going to be sure they get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
I come here & post "my experience", that seems to be the part I can't get thru your head, why the mental blockage on those 2 words huh? You nor anyone else can't challenge me on what I went thru, it's as simple as that. You can bask yourselves 24/7 in hot humid climates, soak up all the sunrays you want & speak of how much a enjoyable experience it is FOR YOU, but don't expect everyone to share your views. If someone say's DE sucks big time I'm not about to challenge how they feel, could care less, will only read their opinions, may ask them questions why they feel the way they do but I'm not going to tell them they're exaggerating cause I didn't go thru what they did. And there is no assumption on my part, what am I assuming?

Now you need to come clean, you are above the norm of any Floridian that has natural affection for their state, you've got a hidden agenda I suspect, are you a realtor or travel agency operator? Cause if not then you are the most overzealous poster on the FL forums, but why is the question?

See it's statements such as this that tells us there must be a alterior motive:
"I for one, would not want the world to think that Key West, or any where in Fl for that matter, is this horrible place of extremes that some tend to
state it is.
"

Tell me why does this matter so much to you what they think? What's in it for you? Answer that.[/quote]

Old 10-19-2011, 09:50 AM

677 posts, read 934,287 times
Quote:
I have no mental block. I am simply providing reality vs experience.

I can challenge anything I want and I certainly do challenge your opinion.

Yes, the FL experience has been and is great for me. I don't expect you to share your views on that.

As far as a hidden agenda or other motives, I don't have one. I am in marketing, not real estate or tourism. I just happen to like the state of FL and what it offers me. I won't sit back while someone makes, what is in my personal opinion, exaggeration without responding to it.

Why I am an over-zealous poster supporting FL? Because there are other over-zealous posters who like to berate and bash the great state of Florida.

It does matter to me what others think because others come to this forum for the sole purpose of obtaining correct and accurate information about Florida (in this case) and I am going to be sure they get it.

"

Tell me why does this matter so much to you what they think? What's in it for you? Answer that.
[/quote]

"I am simply providing reality vs experience." end quote

Wait a second, who's reality & who's experience? Yours, right? Cause you sure can't speak of mine.

"It does matter to me what others think because others come to this forum for the sole purpose of obtaining correct and accurate information about Florida (in this case) and I am going to be sure they get it." -end quote

Then speak for yourself, you can't speak for me & no way am I ever going to allow you to either so let's get that straight. If I want to shout it to the world my postive or negative experiences in FL I will, challenge me all you want but 1 thing you will not do & that's shut me up, you or the rest of your clan. So here it is the next day & you & I are still going around in this vicious circle about opinions with no conclusions, well perhaps you have no life other than to be The Florida offical Defender & sit here for hours arguing with posters,but I do. Enough of this nonsense, all of this debate because I spoke of my ill experience with the heat in Orlando & Key West, this is becoming childish at this point but have no doubt you & I shall cross paths again, that's a promise. See ya then.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:53 AM

It became childish when you refer to 90 degree weather as "gates of hell".

"I am simply providing reality vs experience." end quote

Wait a second, who's reality & who's experience? Yours, right? Cause you sure can't speak of mine.

"It does matter to me what others think because others come to this forum for the sole purpose of obtaining correct and accurate information about Florida (in this case) and I am going to be sure they get it." -end quote

Then speak for yourself, you can't speak for me & no way am I ever going to allow you to either so let's get that straight. If I want to shout it to the world my postive or negative experiences in FL I will, challenge me all you want but 1 thing you will not do & that's shut me up, you or the rest of your clan. So here it is the next day & you & I are still going around in this vicious circle about opinions with no conclusions, well perhaps you have no life other than to be The Florida offical Defender & sit here for hours arguing with posters,but I do. Enough of this nonsense, all of this debate because I spoke of my ill experience with the heat in Orlando & Key West, this is becoming childish at this point but have no doubt you & I shall cross paths again, that's a promise. See ya then.[/quote]

Old 10-19-2011, 11:16 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post

Nonsensical. So you're saying that the only reason why people would live in a hot climate is because they lack the education and resources to leave and go to a colder climate?

Old 10-19-2011, 11:17 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,547,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
"Key West is the closest you'll get to the equator while still being in the United States." No, Key West is the closest I ever want to be to Hell!

Now I don't know where you got your weather specs from, really don't care how accurate or inaccurate they are, when we were there the temps felt around 110* & extremely humid, & that is NO GROSS EXAGGERATION. Of course we've had temps here at 88* & much higher, but what we felt was temps we've never experienced before ever, enough to chase us the hell outta there (pardon the pun). Understand this was our 1st trip to FL, we didn't know what to expect in terms of heat, Disneyworld was so damn hot during the day we had to abort our visit & only go there after the sun went down, we stayed hemmed up in our hotel room during the day.

Why some of you Floridians are so super sensitive, get downright obnoxious & defensive when people say they hate the heat & humidity there is ridiculous to me,so if you want to say something's ridiculous, that's what I call ridiculous, constantly defending the undefendable oppressive heat/humidity, unless you all have a alteria motive such as being realtors, travel agency owners, or some other business venture. If we hate it then we hate it, so what? If you come up north in Jan & there's a blizzard & you speak about it why would I try to ridicule you for your dislike of a blizzard? I found Orlando & Key West to be downright miserable in terms of tempertures in Sept & it doesn't make me a liar or gross exaggerator either.........now what?

Well said and very accurate ! Forums are for sharing opinions, that's why people come here. Advice, not ridicule. Honest opinions, not biased opinions. Intelligent conversation, fair and balanced debate.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:57 PM

Honest opinions, not biased opinions, intelligent conversation, fair and balanced debate are most welcomed by me. However, I rarely see those from people who can't/do not want to live here.

[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Well said and very accurate ! Forums are for sharing opinions, that's why people come here. Advice, not ridicule. Honest opinions, not biased opinions. Intelligent conversation, fair and balanced debate.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:04 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Honest opinions, not biased opinions, intelligent conversation, fair and balanced debate are most welcomed by me. However, I rarely see those from people who can't/do not want to live here.
Spring, you need to check the definition of opinion straight from Dictionary.com

1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
4. Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.

How can an opinion be non-biased if it is personal ? I think definitions 1&2 apply here to C-D posts. If SassySpice thinks Key West is the gate to hell in the summer, that is a personal view and it's up to the reader to decide whether to side with or against her. The same thing applies to anything you throw out there that is not based on fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida