Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 09:17 AM

677 posts, read 933,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepper1 View Post
Amen to this.....

But I will say this, especially as a 5th generation Floridian about the above statement in bold.

All you dang people that complain of the bad drivers, child molesters living here, crime, high cost of living, high car & home owners insurance, high rents, etc. etc. etc.. are the reason it is here and continues to grow and moves here. I was not like this before everyone from everywhere (mainly yankees) moved here and still infest my native state. All you do is complain and you are the reason for the problems. We native Floridians are fed up of all your complaints and bitching when you are the problem, not FL. Thanks to you, my native state has become the way it is these days.

So I say, STOP the dang whining & complaining and just go back where you came from or shut the heck up.!!

This would be a blessing for us true native Floridians.
If people want to whine & complain on this forum then guess what, there's not a doggone thing you can do about it, but you do have 1 option though, & that's not to come here yourself, your choice.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 AM

677 posts, read 933,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
OK, how about if all of us whining Yankees leave and take all of our tax dollars with us. And while we're at it, we'll round up all of the non-native Hispanics and illegal immigrants and take them with us. And we'll take away all of the tourist attractions that were funded by non-native money. And we'll take away the sports teams for whom the majority of their players don't actually come from Florida.

Then you'll have exactly what you want ... no whiners, dirt roads, one-room schoolhouses, alligator wrestling for entertainment, no A/C, and all the fresh seafood you want.

Just say the word partner and we're out of here.
Excellent points Lefee!! The last time my husband & I were in FL we spent close to $2,000 on hotel fees, dining, Universal Studio's, & dinner theaters. Some folks need to look at the whole picture 1st before they get to flapping their fat traps.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:30 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Last January, when it was in the low 50s, I almost got into a fight with a "Floridian" (transplant NJ) coworker while we were opening car doors for the kids at school in the morning. She was there in her parka, hat, scarf, and gloves. I had on just a light weight jacket. She actually gave me a LECTURE on how to dress. "Why aren't you wearing a hat and gloves?" "It's FREEZING outside". Um, because this ISN'T freezing for me? I don't wear all that clothing until it is BELOW FREEZING up North, so why would I when it isn't even close to that in Florida? We almost got into an agrument over this. Not worth it. You wear what makes YOU happy, and I will wear what makes ME happy, and COMFORTABLE. The problem is a lot of people here in Florida expect you to be JUST LIKE THEM.
Thats so funny when I moved from NH it was still snowing when we left and had frequently been in the negatives most of the winter so when I came down and it was in the 50's and 60's I was throwing on some shorts and a shirt and freqently got the "show off" comments .. Um no I'm just used to being FREEZING cold.

Today while walking my dog I was standing outside in a tank top and shorts along with my daughter. I kid u not a family of 4 walked past me in fleece jackets, pants, one had on a winter hat complete with a pom pom on top and the mother had on a scarf. I thought perhaps I was stroking out and quickly checked my daughter to make sure she wasn't freezing and perhaps I was having hormonal issues that didn't enable me to feel the cold properly. Assured she was warm to the touch I went and checked the weather to see it was 74 with a "cool breeze" .. How this warrents winter hats and a scarf I dunno but I wish I had my phone to take a picture of the bright sun and these dummies

Old 10-20-2011, 09:59 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,120,893 times
Great response CP. It's called assimilation. Most transplants do not want to assimilate, but to recreate their former lives right down to the name of the supermarket they used to use. I just don't understand why transplants relocate and then do nothing but complain. Just reverse the process and be happy again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepper1 View Post
Amen to this.....

But I will say this, especially as a 5th generation Floridian about the above statement in bold.

All you dang people that complain of the bad drivers, child molesters living here, crime, high cost of living, high car & home owners insurance, high rents, etc. etc. etc.. are the reason it is here and continues to grow and moves here. I was not like this before everyone from everywhere (mainly yankees) moved here and still infest my native state. All you do is complain and you are the reason for the problems. We native Floridians are fed up of all your complaints and bitching when you are the problem, not FL. Thanks to you, my native state has become the way it is these days.

So I say, STOP the dang whining & complaining and just go back where you came from or shut the heck up.!!

This would be a blessing for us true native Floridians.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:00 AM

Just the attitude that gives Yankees a bad name.

Quote:
OK, how about if all of us whining Yankees leave and take all of our tax dollars with us. And while we're at it, we'll round up all of the non-native Hispanics and illegal immigrants and take them with us. And we'll take away all of the tourist attractions that were funded by non-native money. And we'll take away the sports teams for whom the majority of their players don't actually come from Florida.

Then you'll have exactly what you want ... no whiners, dirt roads, one-room schoolhouses, alligator wrestling for entertainment, no A/C, and all the fresh seafood you want.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:01 AM

That is funny! Right down to the pom pom on the hat!.

Imagine what they will be wearing tomorrow morning. It's forecasted to be cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Thats so funny when I moved from NH it was still snowing when we left and had frequently been in the negatives most of the winter so when I came down and it was in the 50's and 60's I was throwing on some shorts and a shirt and freqently got the "show off" comments .. Um no I'm just used to being FREEZING cold.

Today while walking my dog I was standing outside in a tank top and shorts along with my daughter. I kid u not a family of 4 walked past me in fleece jackets, pants, one had on a winter hat complete with a pom pom on top and the mother had on a scarf. I thought perhaps I was stroking out and quickly checked my daughter to make sure she wasn't freezing and perhaps I was having hormonal issues that didn't enable me to feel the cold properly. Assured she was warm to the touch I went and checked the weather to see it was 74 with a "cool breeze" .. How this warrents winter hats and a scarf I dunno but I wish I had my phone to take a picture of the bright sun and these dummies

Old 10-20-2011, 10:14 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Quote:

The WORD, partner!

Old 10-20-2011, 10:42 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
That is funny! Right down to the pom pom on the hat!.

Imagine what they will be wearing tomorrow morning. It's forecasted to be cooler.
I feel like these people use ANY excuse for a temp drop to bring out the heavy winter clothes! My favorite is the shorts/shirt with ugg boots. Its like are you cold? are you hot? are you sorta kinda cold but still hot?

Old 10-20-2011, 11:45 AM

Which means?

Quote:
They don't take food stamps at gas stations ...

Old 10-20-2011, 11:47 AM

Yep. I was born and raised NYC. When I came to FL I left it all behind.
I assimilated to the lifestyle in FL. Try it someday.

Quote:
Takes one to know one ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida