Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 09:39 AM

2,986 posts, read 2,006,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Just 321 to go for Bernie to tie it up! (not counting superdelegates, of course)
Hope she wins Arizona or else she might suffer from 9 consecutive losses from Democrats Abroad to Wyoming... And there are 386 pledged delegates in these 9 contests (68% of these are in just 3 states Washington, Wisconsin and Arizona)

I have bad feeling for Washington caucus that it might end up like Sanders 70 - 30 Clinton, which makes 40 delegates loss just from one state.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:51 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,444,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Hope she wins Arizona or else she might suffer from 9 consecutive losses from Democrats Abroad to Wyoming... And there are 386 pledged delegates in these 9 contests (68% of these are in just 3 states Washington, Wisconsin and Arizona)

I have bad feeling for Washington caucus that it might end up like Sanders 70 - 30 Clinton, which makes 40 delegates loss just from one state.
It's never great to have a string of losses, of course, but I'm paying close attention to Nate Silver's delegate target tracking, and as long as she continues to stay on track, I'll be ok with it.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ets/democrats/

Old 03-21-2016, 09:53 AM

39,213 posts, read 51,712,799 times
Quote:

While that might make for very bad optics for Clinton, she is so far ahead at this point that there is no way Bernie is going to catch up given a proportional distribution. He should quit. But so should Cruz and Kasich given the same logic. In that one though, there remains the chance that a contested convention could give one of them the nod. There is no such chance with the Dems.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
It's never great to have a string of losses, of course, but I'm paying close attention to Nate Silver's delegate target tracking, and as long as she continues to stay on track, I'll be ok with it.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ets/democrats/
To be honest I am quite disappointed by the campaign
For the past week she has not done any campaigning (except a rally today in Phoenix)
Instead she has been doing fundraising in states that have voted... Can't she just do that after wrapping the nomination? On the other hand sanders continues to campaign vigorously across the western states and attract yuge crowds
If she doesn't care, voters might not show up for her and it maybe the Michigan upset all over again, except these are mostly small state caucuses that Sanders can easily score huge-margin victories.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
While that might make for very bad optics for Clinton, she is so far ahead at this point that there is no way Bernie is going to catch up given a proportional distribution. He should quit. But so should Cruz and Kasich given the same logic. In that one though, there remains the chance that a contested convention could give one of them the nod. There is no such chance with the Dems.
It's not impossible, If Sanders can win 3-1 on average in the remaining caucuses it's actually a huge alarm for her

Old 03-21-2016, 10:21 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,444,028 times
Quote:
To be honest I am quite disappointed by the campaign
For the past week she has not done any campaigning (except a rally today in Phoenix)
Instead she has been doing fundraising in states that have voted... Can't she just do that after wrapping the nomination? On the other hand sanders continues to campaign vigorously across the western states and attract yuge crowds
If she doesn't care, voters might not show up for her and it maybe the Michigan upset all over again, except these are mostly small state caucuses that Sanders can easily score huge-margin victories.
She's been fighting that awful cold for so long, I think she really just needed a short break and this was a good opportunity. Bill and Chelsea have been out there on the trail, along with popular local surrogates such as Gabby Giffords in AZ.

Hillary's heading back out today to AZ and then on to Washington state tomorrow.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
She's been fighting that awful cold for so long, I think she really just needed a short break and this was a good opportunity. Bill and Chelsea have been out there on the trail, along with popular local surrogates such as Gabby Giffords in AZ.

Hillary's heading back out today to AZ and then on to Washington state tomorrow.
Resting is good, and in fact that should be what she should do for a couple of days after March 15.. But she wasn't and was traveling to states like Georgia, Virginia and Tennessee to do fundraising which I don't understand, I rather she travels to Utah and Idaho to do fundraising and increase presence there.

I know her campaign knows better than I do but I just want her to spend more time contacting and connecting with more voters before they vote

Old 03-21-2016, 06:57 PM

New polls :

National (CBS/NYT) : Clinton +5
National (CNN/ORC) : Clinton +7
National (Morning Consult) : Clinton +12

Old 03-21-2016, 06:59 PM

https://tylerpedigo.com/category/politics-2/

If these projections are close to actual results for Arizona, Idaho and Utah, Sanders will get about 85 delegates while Clinton will only get 46.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:18 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,784,082 times
Quote:

There was a video on CNN that said that even if Clinton only wins Arizona out of all the contests coming up between tomorrow and April 5th, she'd still be ahead in pledged delegates. Also, the last couple of weeks in April will consist of contests that are favorable to Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections