Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 01:48 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,969,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
And yet it's been remarkably better than any Republican presidency since Eisenhower's.
Wrong.

What Republican presidency racked up $4T in debt in 3 years and could boast Obama's historically high unemployment numbers? Hint: None.

Don't worry, if Obama wins another term you'll have another Carter term, which is one of those great Democrat presidencies you pine for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 01:52 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,770,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonra25 View Post
I was all for Paul until this morning when he was talking to Soledad Obrien and couldnt answer his twitter question.

It was a pretty harsh dig at huntsman and he just beat around the bush, said he couldnt understand her, and didnt know why it was being brought up.

To me that was just the worst excuse ever and was a total turn off...

I literally have no candidates i would back.
Nice try ... That twit was not from Dr. Paul, and he literally had no idea at the time what she was talking about. It was a twit by some idiot at the campaign Headquarters, and not directly from Paul. Paul doesn't have time to be making snide twits about the candidate least likely to do anything.

This is so funny, who even cares? You people never cease to amuse me ...

Old 01-04-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Yep. Man cant answer a question when he gets backed into a corner.

Happened the night before as well, was asked a question about Iran and just danced around the subject.

Stick a fork in you, you're done ... Don't feed the trolls.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:03 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,969,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Paul appeals most to younger voters, so I think he'd do the best in the states with lower median ages. Unfortunately for him the first four states are blue (hair) states; by the time he gets to Nevada his momentum will likely be lost.

Starting in Iowa probably hurt him more than the other candidates, partly because we're an "old" state where he probably has fewer supporters (outside of Fairfield, anyway), and partly because we use a caucus rather than a primary which makes it inconvenient for a lot of working people and people with children to get out and support their candidate. The fact that he did as well as he did says a lot for his appeal.
I agree that Paul's greatest appeal is to younger, more ignorant, and less experienced people.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:07 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I can understand why Katzpur as gone more toward the Democratic Party. The Repugs have their ranks filled with religious bigotry. They try their very best to put a good face on things, but you will notice that at no time were the GOP voters even considering Jon Huntsman as their next "not Mitt Romney" candidate. Huntsman will never be that guy an it's because he's Mormon too. They already tried to sell Rick Perry -- a man whose convictions switch the instant that it stands to gain him more political power -- as a "true conservative" and nobody argued with it. There couldn't have been a bigger load of BS. They'll be willing to support anyone. Newt, Santorum or Bachmann. But I guarantee "that other Mormon" won't ever be the next "not Romney" fad, and it's because he's a Mormon.

If the Mormons start leaving the Republican Party in droves, it's no more than the GOP deserves.

What, you're a Mormon? Thought they didn't drink coffee.

A few Mormons will drink decaf coffee, but they can certainly have herbal teas. Just because I invited Katzpur to have a cup of coffee with me doesn't mean that I'd expect her to drink espresso, although that might be my own choice. I'm a staunch believer in the separation of church and state, so it saddens me that Romney will lose votes due to his religion instead of his platform. I've had some life experience with discrimination and find it deplorable when it happens to almost anyone, although I'd probably be wary of an open Satanist.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:12 PM

So, hamiltonra25, voted in a recent poll here on C-D concerning Pauls chances after losing Iowa(here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...till-have.html), wherein he/she voted that paul never had a chance ... Dont you just love the deception and lies which Pauls enemies are willing to tell, the lengths which they are willing to go in order to smear his name?

Even though Paul will unlikely take the nomination, they still hate him and are scared of him, because he is telling the truth on prime time TV and they cant shut him up. And as long as he remains in the upper tier, he will continue to reveal the corruption in the system. And that makes them weaker all the time ...

Paul is shaking the foundation of the establishment ... Ron Paul 2012!

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-04-2012 at 02:37 PM..

Old 01-04-2012, 02:23 PM

188 posts, read 477,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So, hamiltonra25, voted in a recent poll here on C-D concerning Pauls chances after losing Iowa(here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...till-have.html), wherein he/she voted that paul never had a chance ... Dont you just love the deception and lies which Pauls enemies are willing to tell, the lengths which they are willing to go in o order to smear his name?

Even though Paul will unlikely take the nomination, they still hate him and are scared of him, because he is telling the truth on prime time TV and they cant shut him up. And as long as he remains in the upper tier, he will continue to reveal the corruption in the system. And that makes them weaker all the time ...

Paul is shaking the foundation of the establishment ... Ron Paul 2012!
Guy you act like you just solved the cure for world hunger.

Do I think RP has good ideas. Yep
Do I think RP is in touch with the younger generation. Yep
Do I agree with his stance on war. Yep
Do I agree with the reduction in the war on drugs. Yep

Does it mean RP really has a chance at being president? Nope

There are differences between reality and fantasy.

Reality is your looking at Mitt Romney v Obama in 2012.

Fantasy RP gets elected and we stop digging ourselves further and further into debt and wars that we shouldnt be involved with.

Take your investigative skills elsewhere Carmen Sandiego

Old 01-04-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Guy you act like you just solved the cure for world hunger.

Do I think RP has good ideas. Yep
Do I think RP is in touch with the younger generation. Yep
Do I agree with his stance on war. Yep
Do I agree with the reduction in the war on drugs. Yep

Does it mean RP really has a chance at being president? Nope

There are differences between reality and fantasy.

Reality is your looking at Mitt Romney v Obama in 2012.

Fantasy RP gets elected and we stop digging ourselves further and further into debt and wars that we shouldnt be involved with.

Take your investigative skills elsewhere Carmen Sandiego

The reality is, you are trolling, and you just got called out ...

Peace!

Old 01-04-2012, 02:26 PM

188 posts, read 477,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The reality is, you are trolling ...

Peace!
So you get stood up and your answer is the typical stop trolling, stop feeding the trolls.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:40 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,336,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Interesting. You do know that your economic prescriptions are precisely what have brought the PIIGS in Europe to the brink of economic collapse? Perhaps you don't.
Would you care to explain which 'prescriptions' you're referring to, and then please be my guest and explain how they're bringing Europe to the brink of economic collapse.

What's bringing Europe to its knees isn't taxation or government spending; it's debt in the banking sector. Sound familiar? Maybe not if you've been living in a cave the last few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections